PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Earthquakegate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insensitive literally means showing or feeling no concern for others’ feelings. Therefore, if you find it insensitive, you also find it offensive. Again, there are plenty, PLENTY of things in this world to be offended by. In the interest of keeping the thread from going in a political direction, I won’t name them. A coach saying that he’s glad to not have been caught in an earthquake or volcano in an area of the world predisposed to them is certainly not one of them. Anyone thinking it is insensitive is Charming-soft and lost their balls long ago. Because people died in an earthquake, we’re not allowed to call a spade a spade? Would you not happily and outright admit, if asked, that you’re happy you’re cancer-free as opposed to being stricken with it or would you stop short of saying that for fear of offending those that have or had it?

You seem to know exactly what other people are thinking and feeling at any time, which of course isn't true. To claim that someone stating a remark *could be perceived as insensitive* is the same thing as being offended is simply not true in all cases. Again, disagreement ≠ being offended.

I'm not sure where you're from but if a natural disaster struck and you lost property, friends, or family as a result, and a public figure (or anyone for that matter) stated matter of factly, recently after the disaster, that they were relieved to have not suffered that same fate when they visited, would you be entirely unaffected and unfazed?

To answer your question: if I was in the company of someone who was recently impacted by cancer in a profoundly negative way, yes, I would abstain from making any remarks celebrating my lack of cancer. If I went over to have dinner with a friend's family, and their brother, sister, father, mother, etc, had recently lost their life to cancer, you can be damn certain that I'm not going to say how happy I am to be cancer-free.

Meanwhile the insensitive Belichick turns out to be correct, as there is a volcano erupting in Mexico as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back