PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Early spitballing: trade Mallett & two 1sts to move up to #6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Early spitballing: trade Mallett & two 1sts to move up to #6?

I would Trade Mallett for the #6 OVR pick. He was touted as 1st round talent last year and has had a quiet, trouble free year under Brady et al in 2011.

Perhaps it is a little early this season but in 2013 i think he has 1st round trade bait written all over him.

how? The guy has yet to play a meaningful snap. Cassel played an entire season and netted an early first. Kolb netted a second and a decent player. Mallet isn't even worth a second rounder at this point.

how? The guy has yet to play a meaningful snap. Cassel played an entire season and netted an early first. Kolb netted a second and a decent player. Mallet isn't even worth a second rounder at this point.

As a pure passer, I think 32 of 32 teams gave him a first-round grade.

As a pure passer, I think 32 of 32 teams gave him a first-round grade.

Of course but just taking a few years off from playing won't make him worth a first round pick. Now if he gets the Matt Flynn treatment and plays well in the preseason that could change.

Cassel netted what? I thought that Cassel AND Vrabel netted pick #34.

Of course but just taking a few years off from playing won't make him worth a first round pick. Now if he gets the Matt Flynn treatment and plays well in the preseason that could change.

Seriously?

If teams feel he's better than anybody not named Luck, then he should be able to garner a mid-first rounder.

Agreed - hence the 2013 draft trade bait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents