Welcome to PatsFans.com

Early Line has the Pats giving 9.5 pts

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by MooseKnuckles, Jan 1, 2007.

1. MooseKnuckles

MooseKnuckles Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm not a guy who ever bets, but its interesting to see what the projected differencial will be. I personally think the game will be much closer.

The Jets have has the NFL's best defense over the past 8 weeks and Mangini knows the system inside & out.

It will be a close one
  2. Bruschi 3:16

Bruschi 3:16 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Give the points. This game will be a a rout.
  3. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

If I were a betting man, like you said also (but I'd never bet againts the Patriots)...
  4. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

... though I think this will come down during the week. This seems like a high spread for a wildcard round game.
  5. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I agree, especially with ESPN Cold Pizza reporting that Harrison is out (see other threads that just started).

As much as I would love to have us wipe out the Jets, I feel that this will be a hard fought game that might go down to the wire. And, I hope that the Pats pull it off - irrespective of the spread - without any injury...

Go PATS!!
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +449 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

The Jest hasn't had the best defense, they've just played crap. Their defense is not good and we'll run right through them.

I'd take the 9.5 points though, that's a huge number for a playoff game.
  7. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I do bet, and suprised by that spread. If it stays at 9.5 its a tough pick because if the pats hit that field goal they will cover. If i had to pick right now i take the pats. I think the pats win by at least ten.
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +449 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I think there's a good chance we win by 10 but that's a HUGE number for a playoff game. No way I'd put money on the Patriots.
  9. lobster

lobster Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

When Chad Pennington is playing really well he's always been a very tough opponent for the Pat's. Hawkins has picked up his pass coverage skills very nicely, but Hobbs is still having all kind of problems. Losing Harrison would be very unfortunate.

I would like to see the Pat's try a different formation for the DL against the Jets to pressure Pennington more: Green at LDE, Seymour/Wilfork at NT and Warren/Wright at RDE.
  10. Double G

Double G Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I'm with NEM; if Pennington gets into one his dink and dunk grooves, that spells trouble in my opinion. As I've said in a previous post, the Jets are a pain in the balls of a team, the sooner they put them away the better, should be a dogfight, nine is a lot of points. Trust me, I hope I am wrong, but I'm honest too and the Jets worry me for some reason, just being realistic.............
  11. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +95 / 3 / -1

early indications are that the smart money isn't buying that spread at all and i'd expect it to contract...

BTW, am I the only one to think that the spread would be lower if the Pats hadn't already lost to the Jets in Foxboro, the logic being that there is no chance now (vs. a very slim chance otherwise) that the Jests will sneak up on the Patriots at Home in January, where I don't think they've ever lost...