PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles impressed by Pats defense

They should be impressed, one of the best defenses in football. They’re only going to get better as the season goes along, which is typical of BBs defenses.

Was anyone worried about the defense?

All my questions coming in were on the offensive side.

Are you freaking kidding? A number of posters here have incessantly clamored that the Pats defense (a) is terrible vs good offenses and (b) can't stop running QB's!

Best secondary in the league imo

Gonzales and White are DAWGS.
Might be our best draft in a long time.
Obviously have to wait and see how their careers go, but promising start. White actually challenged the best RT in the game Lane Johnson quite a bit today

I was looking for Mapu. I know he played. Not enough, though. He going to destroy people in the coming games.

This Miami offense is explosive. Very explosive.

Sure would be nice if Siriani demonstrated that respect for the opponent (and the game itself) by not demonstrably celebrating like a player after securing the game. Just a terrible look for a coach IMO.

I was looking for Mapu. I know he played. Not enough, though. He going to destroy people in the coming games.

This Miami offense is explosive. Very explosive.
Cant ask for a better gift than Miami at home in September.

Sure would be nice if Siriani demonstrated that respect for the opponent (and the game itself) by not demonstrably celebrating like a player after securing the game. Just a terrible look for a coach IMO.
I think a few coaches are like that. At least not as disrespectful as McDaniels and his fist pumps imo

Can’t wait to see what they look like vs Buffalo and KC

I think the eagles presented more problems offensively than Buffalo. KC looks vulnerable this season offensively.. as great as Kelce is he's 33. Double him and, well be content with Mahomes having to Run for yards.

This is just my opinion. I believe the defense played excellent against this potent offense. Myles Bryant wasn't a liability at all. We held a potent offense to consecutive 3 and outs, and a TD and FGs.

Offensively the rookies played well. Boutte will get with Troy brown and adjust his foot work. Next up is the Dolphins who put up Madden numbers Sunday.

Was anyone worried about the defense?

All my questions coming in were on the offensive side.

They are interconnected. I’m not worried about the defense if the offense is converting 3rd downs and maintaining their fair share of time of possession. I’m greatly concerned about the defense if they are going 3 and out and the defense is always on the field. One of the most impressive things about the defense yesterday was that they were able to keep them in the game when the offense was turning the ball over and burying them. Fortunately for the Patriots they should get Strange and Onyewu back, and they should be able to run the ball much better than they did yesterday, and that should help the offense stay on the field, especially if Jones can build off of yesterdays performance.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back