PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dungy takes another shot at Brady/BB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two words:
humble pies

What tony should be wondering is? What a Colts win on sunday says about his legacy. A rookie coach can just roll em out there and almost go undefeated en route to SB. Quick answer is that Tony Dungy is a fraud!

this is clear trash talking which if it was anyone else would be getting lot more coverage.i liked parcells when he was with TV . and he is a lot more outspoken than dungy but he never made these claims. iam sure its the same thing he told the colts when they played the pats in 2004 and lost 20-3. somehow he is made out to be this nice guy

This thread is a waste of time. Everyone knows that Tony Dungy is ************ incarnate and anyone who doubts His word is doomed to burn in Hades forever.

That's funny coming from Dungy. Tom Brady has Giselle and three rings. I'd say he's doin' alright.

I'll be decent and leave it at that.

In other news, Electronic Arts has just announced that Tony Dungy will have a new character as the last level zombie boss in their newest "Resident Evil" game.

tonydungypic.jpg

Last edited:
Am I the only one having a hard time following Tony's logic?

1. BB wouldn't punt it to Paycheck.

2. I, St. Tony, would have punted (with Quiet Strength) to Brady.

3. Therefore, Peycheck is a better QB than Brady. QED.​

A high school kid would get a D for this kind of muddled thinking.

EVERYTHING and i do mean EVERYTHING that Rodney said on NBC, even about Tommy was over analyzed. Let's face it, Dungy is a underachiever. He's the coaching version of Penis Manning, so much during the season and nothing in the post season. I wouldn't mind slapping him in the face!

Brady and Bill deserve every shot they get because they haven't won the big one in a while. Win again and win often then cats will respect you again.

curran puts dungy's comments in place
Curran: Hitting his targets

Tony Dungy is more than entitled to his opinion that Peyton Manning is more dangerous than Tom Brady. He’s also smart to point out that, when Bill Belichick went for it on fourth-and-2 from his own 28 this season rather than punting to Manning, it was affirmation of how good Manning is. But I’m not sure how that decision reflects on a comparison between Manning and Tom Brady. Dungy made that leap, saying he would punt the ball to Tom Brady with a minute left facing the same situation. Before anyone says, “Well, if Dungy feels that way, it’s settled,” consider Dungy’s got an understandable affinity for Manning and that Dungy’s career playoff record as a head coach was 9-10 and he was one-and-done in 6 of the 11 seasons his teams in Tampa and Indianapolis made the playoffs (and 5-10 if you take out 2006, which wouldn’t be fair to do because that was his best season). I would take Bill Belichick’s decision-making prowess over Dungy’s 10 times out of 10.

nuff said.

Brady and Bill deserve every shot they get because they haven't won the big one in a while. Win again and win often then cats will respect you again.
And when was the last time and how often have Tony and the Goathead won "the big one" again?

Am I the only one having a hard time following Tony's logic?

1. BB wouldn't punt it to Paycheck.

2. I, St. Tony, would have punted (with Quiet Strength) to Brady.

3. Therefore, Peycheck is a better QB than Brady. QED.​

A high school kid would get a D for this kind of muddled thinking.

should ask dungy if he wouldve punted to manning. ifyes then his criticism of going for it on 4th and 2 is hypocritical. if not then he justifies going for it on 4th and 2 which he always kept saying as a the wrong call.

So much for quiet strength.

Of all the possible examples to use as to why the Colts will beat the Saints, I have to wonder why Dungy would choose to use the Pats 4th and 2 play. Sure seems like Dungy's motive was more about getting a dig against Belichick than proving the Colts are better than the Saints.

As for Dungy's legacy, I'm guessing he'll end up in the hall of fame. But if you look closer, I believe he's overrated. At Indianapolis he took over a team that had gone 29-19 the previous three years, and had Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James, and Marvin Harrison all in their prime. Even with Reggie Wayne, Jeff Saturday, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders and others, Dungy got that group to the Super Bowl just once in seven years.

Dungy is given a lot of credit for turning Tampa Bay around also. What's not mentioned is that Hugh Culverhouse - an owner intereste in profits, not wins - had passed and away and after probate the team was eventually sold. That alone probably had more effect than anything else.

Dungy took over a Sam Wyche team that was just starting to gel, that included newcomers Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, John Lynch, and vets Brad Culpepper and Hardy Nickerson. Yep, that's right - all those guys were brought in by Wyche, not Dungy.

That Tampa Bay team was one of the greatest defenses in the history of the NFL. Wyche's last season he went with a rookie QB who not surprisingly went through rookie problems: Trent Dilfer. After a 5-2 start the fans and media called for Wyche's head when they finished 7-9, and he was fired.

Dungy took over and got a bit more leeway; the Bucs started 1-8 the next year. The next year they made the playoffs for the first time in forever with a 10-6 record. The next season they went backwards to 8-8. The following year they went 11-5 and lost to the Rams in the NFCCG. After that their record got worse each season. After a couple of one and dones, that team had scored zero touchdowns in three consecutive playoff games.

The window of opportunity was all but shut. A team that should have gone to at least a couple of Super Bowls had not been there once. Each passing year they won less games than the previous season. Dungy is let go, and lo and behold what happens - the Bucs win the Super Bowl the next season.

A good coach? Yes.
A great coach? No.
Dungy was in the right place at the right time not once but twice.
As a result he is, in my opinion, very overrated.

Dungy's just bitter that Belichick will always be considered a better coach than him. He should be worried about paying attention to what's left of his family instead.

Dungy's just bitter that Belichick will always be considered a better coach than him. He should be worried about paying attention to what's left of his family instead.

Classless post. Quite disgusted actually.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but LOL. I was not expecting that. :eek:

"What's left of his family"

lmao.

So much for quiet strength.

I feel bad for replying here because the last time I replied to a thread, it was also in response to something you (ausbacker) wrote. Sorry mate, not trying to pick on you!!

But I don't understand your comment above. The guy gets paid to analyze and give his opinion. His *job* now is to say what he thinks. But when he speaks, people in this forum get all in a tizzy, not just for *what* he said, but also *that* he said it at all.

Bottom line: he's still pretty tame (and "quiet") compared to most of the guys on various NFL shows.

I don't get the hate in here for Dungy. He's obviously a very good coach (or was, at least). I mean, his record is ridiculously good:

- 139-69 record (.668)
- 1 Super Bowl title
- With Indy, 7 straight seasons with 10+ wins, including 6 straight with 12+ wins.
- 11 out of his 13 seasons he made the playoffs

If, in 1997, the Pats hired a coach that would put up that kind of record, we'd have been thrilled beyond belief. Thankfully, they hired someone even better, but that's a damned good coaching record.

Classless post. Quite disgusted actually.

what part is classless? what part is disgusting?

why is it classless? Why is it disgusting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes