PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Bledsoe Wine Signing

I thought it said "singing". One of those weird play on words.

I have never had the Bledsoe wine. Always felt it was too expensive. I am definitely not a connesseur. I mean, I enjoy red wine but I sure can't taste the difference between the $10 bottle of cabernet and the $50 bottle of cabernet.

I have never had the Bledsoe wine. Always felt it was too expensive. I am definitely not a connesseur. I mean, I enjoy red wine but I sure can't taste the difference between the $10 bottle of cabernet and the $50 bottle of cabernet.
In reality, most people can't.
I can maybe tell the difference between a cheap whine and a not cheap wine....that's about it.
$25.00/bottle is about my upper limit. Anything above that and I'm probably just wasting my money.

"The assembled company hangs on the pronouncement: “Very complex. I’m getting notes of gooseberry, lavender, and caramel. The mid-palate is amused by the wine’s insouciance and there’s a slightly impertinent corrugated iron finish.”
Skeptics might be excused for wondering if they have just witnessed the setting of a new world long-distance record in BS."

"Similarly, M. Brochet pranked 54 experts. None of them were able to tell that the one red and one white they were tasting was, in fact, the same wine. The white had been coloured by a flavourless and odourless dye. Numerous other tests have turned up similar results; professionals and amateurs are equally bad at identifying and classifying wine."

If you go, beware of sticker shock. Bledsoe's wines are very tasty but also very expensive. I have a signed bottle of his "Family Red", and even that red blend will run you close to $70 these days. The Doubleback Cabernet Sauvignon is very good but will cost you ~$120 and the reserve of that wine is north of $200.
1654165189693.png

My wife's family has been in the wine business for three generations, so I've had the opportunity to sample all sorts of wines. The difference between a $10 and a $20 red is pronounced. Between a $20 and a $50 less so, and above that you're wasting your money unless you have a very discerning palate.

I think PatsFans.com needs it's own whine.
It's not Drew's fault he was ballyhooed, deified, worshipped and coddled. The same goes for Elway, Kelly, et al.

The delusion concerning this player is greater than any subject in the history of Boston sports. The absurdity of Kraft's comparisons of him to Williams and Orr is matched by its irony as Kraft shrugged and said he was 'praying' when Brady, who actually is worthy of the GOAT comparisons, was in danger of leaving.

Drew was okay. Accomplished, well liked by his teammates. A nice person. Didn't have the acumen, awareness, timing, game management skills or ability to make exceptional plays under pressure in the clutch moments that the great ones do, but most don't. That's what makes those few great.

Joe Thornton is a good hockey player, but he's not the Second Best Forward In The History Of The Boston Bruins.

Drew retired because he refused to be a backup. Tony Eason was finally released by the Patriots because he refused to take a pay cut.

Bledsoe racked up a lot of passing yards. He did so because he was played.

Drew Bledsoe is The Most Overrated Athlete In The History Of Boston Sports.

Drew Bledsoe cannot carry Steve Grogan's or Doug Flutie's jockstraps any more than he can Tom Brady's.

Grogan played when he should not have: Specifically, when most people would be hospitalized. This can be judged as a fault. This attributed to many (or most) of his bad plays. Montana and Brady made their share of bad plays as well.

Grogan's injury list fills a medical chart. Bledsoe was touted as a hero when he literally played with an injured finger.

Much of this relates to the false laughingstock narrative, which fueled the suicidal logo and uniform destruction and the "It's been centuries since we had anything to cheer about here!" insanity of 1993.

It is mind numbing how people make Bledsoe out to be a hero how he [pouted] handled remaining on the bench while an obviously [to the sighted] vastly more effective player remained the starter, while Steve Grogan and Doug Flutie are ignored for how they handled being healthy, active and were benched in favor of Tony Eason.

The Patriots were, competitively, the joke the league treated them to be in 2001, and I had no realistic expectation of success, as long as Bledsoe, the new recipient of the richest contract in NFL history, was the starting quarterback. I watched, and I rooted, as always, but I wasn't fooling myself. I got hope when I first saw Tom Brady. Not when he played, but when he spoke to the media before his first start vs. Indy. That guy displayed the attitude of a winner.

My wife's family has been in the wine business for three generations, so I've had the opportunity to sample all sorts of wines. The difference between a $10 and a $20 red is pronounced. Between a $20 and a $50 less so, and above that you're wasting your money unless you have a very discerning palate.

What do you recommend with a twist off cap?

It's not Drew's fault he was ballyhooed, deified, worshipped and coddled. The same goes for Elway, Kelly, et al.

The delusion concerning this player is greater than any subject in the history of Boston sports. The absurdity of Kraft's comparisons of him to Williams and Orr is matched by its irony as Kraft shrugged and said he was 'praying' when Brady, who actually is worthy of the GOAT comparisons, was in danger of leaving.

Drew was okay. Accomplished, well liked by his teammates. A nice person. Didn't have the acumen, awareness, timing, game management skills or ability to make exceptional plays under pressure in the clutch moments that the great ones do, but most don't. That's what makes those few great.

Joe Thornton is a good hockey player, but he's not the Second Best Forward In The History Of The Boston Bruins.

Drew retired because he refused to be a backup. Tony Eason was finally released by the Patriots because he refused to take a pay cut.

Bledsoe racked up a lot of passing yards. He did so because he was played.

Drew Bledsoe is The Most Overrated Athlete In The History Of Boston Sports.

Drew Bledsoe cannot carry Steve Grogan's or Doug Flutie's jockstraps any more than he can Tom Brady's.

Grogan played when he should not have: Specifically, when most people would be hospitalized. This can be judged as a fault. This attributed to many (or most) of his bad plays. Montana and Brady made their share of bad plays as well.

Grogan's injury list fills a medical chart. Bledsoe was touted as a hero when he literally played with an injured finger.

Much of this relates to the false laughingstock narrative, which fueled the suicidal logo and uniform destruction and the "It's been centuries since we had anything to cheer about here!" insanity of 1993.

It is mind numbing how people make Bledsoe out to be a hero how he [pouted] handled remaining on the bench while an obviously [to the sighted] vastly more effective player remained the starter, while Steve Grogan and Doug Flutie are ignored for how they handled being healthy, active and were benched in favor of Tony Eason.

The Patriots were, competitively, the joke the league treated them to be in 2001, and I had no realistic expectation of success, as long as Bledsoe, the new recipient of the richest contract in NFL history, was the starting quarterback. I watched, and I rooted, as always, but I wasn't fooling myself. I got hope when I first saw Tom Brady. Not when he played, but when he spoke to the media before his first start vs. Indy. That guy displayed the attitude of a winner.
Remember when some Jets fan started a rumor on the web that Bledsoe got traded? It looked legit and spread like wildfire. This was way before BB was HC and Brady. Pre Twitter for sure and maybe Facebook.

Patriots nation was in shock.

Remember when some Jets fan started a rumor on the web that Bledsoe got traded? It looked legit and spread like wildfire. This was way before BB was HC and Brady. Pre Twitter for sure and maybe Facebook.

Patriots nation was in shock.
This must be when Carroll was coach?

Interesting story.

In retrospect: Could this have been a partial motivating factor in Kraft's decision to lock Drew up in the '01 off-season for ten years with the richest contract in NFL history.

Bob clearly did it for two reasons: He loves Drew. And he was grasping for attention as losing franchises do, like when they change their uniforms. Bills did this when they signed Fitzy for big money and anointed him a 'franchise quarterback'.

Drew was the permanent starter. And no one had any expectation that the Patriots would seriously contend.

Personally i agree with you
I buy wine at a medium level
I never buy a cheap one
I never spend a fortune either
Here with approx eur 15 / bottle you buy imho a good quality
Red or white

In the early 90's, I took a wine tasting course with a client at Windows on the World atop of the World Trade Centers and after 6 weeks diligent study, we determined, after hundreds of guzzles....the more expensive the better....especially when the firm picks up the tab.

And upon graduation (LOL), we celebrated at an overpriced NY City steak house and ordered a '64 Chateau Lafite Rothschild cabernet for $650.
The sommelier went through the extravagant decanting production, and while we waited for our cab to "acclimate" (so says to the stuffed shirt who acted as if he was performing open heart surgery) we order lobsters and steaks and the works....
And when we were allowed to have our sip, I have to say the flavor was like no other I had ever experienced then...or to this day.
It was that remarkable.

$650 retail back then, $3800 wholesale now
Lets go Powerball

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back