PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Tek Mock (4 rds) 12/9/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would probably take this one..

Draft Tek - NFL Consensus Mock Draft 2011 Round 1 (17-32)

15 Derek Sherrod LT Miss St.
32 Allen Bailey DE The U
33 Michael Floyd WR ND
64 Jeremy Beal OLB OU
76 Ryan WIlliams RB Va Tech

Plus the all name picks of Tank Carter and Randall "Tex" Cobb

I really like the last four picks in this mock, especailly the potential that Williams brings at RB.

But Sherrod is a head scrathcer. BB does not typically take waist bending leaners at OT.

This year has been especially hard for me to come up with a mock for the pats... because there isn't alot of possitions you could say we have a glaaaaring need at basically because we have gone 11-2 with this team... plus we get warren, bodden, faulk and kakzur back next year. so thats our best DE & CB plus a RB and Tackle already coming back next year.

The positions i have identified that are dead set solid needs are OG, OLB and maybe 1 more Tackle (left or right because vollmer can play either)

And then from there you can't say that one is worth a 1a or a 2a e.t.c because i think they are all at a similar need level.

I honestly think this draft more than most will be a purely value draft... pick the best guy on your board irrespective of need.

Don't like the first pick as I see more of a need at RG than OT. But the rest are solid. I would take Bailey and Michael Floyd is a beast and is a great value pick at that spot.

Last edited:
I'm not a big Beal fan. Seems to be questions about his instincts and his ability to hold the edge.

More importantly, I would be devastated if we took a any OT from a weak OL class over Kerrigan or Ayers.

Last edited:
I'm not a big Beal fan. Seems to be questions about his instincts and his ability to hold the edge.

More importantly, I would be devastated if we took a any OT from a weak OL class over Kerrigan or Ayers.

I don't think Beal will last until the end of round 2. He is late 1st/early 2nd round material. In my mock I actually have him at 33rd. I actually think Kerrigan is overrated and will be drafted too high and Ayers isn't a fit for the 3-4 system the Pats run and is more of a 4-3 DE.

2A. Jeremy Beal – DE/OLB Oklahoma (6-3/267)
Senior, 2010 Team Captain. Big-12 Defensive Lineman of the Year 2010. All Big-12 First team in 2010. The front seven is always a priority, especially the pass rush. Beal is a great DE/OLB prospect, and could really bring some pressure in the Patriots system. Beal has a great motor and an insane work ethic. 10 sacks in 2010 (28 in career). Has the athleticism to drop into coverage as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft