Welcome to PatsFans.com

Draft Tek Mock (4 rds) 12/9/2010

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by FreeTedWilliams, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +585 / 52 / -9

#75 Jersey

2. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +89 / 5 / -1

#12 Jersey

I really like the last four picks in this mock, especailly the potential that Williams brings at RB.

But Sherrod is a head scrathcer. BB does not typically take waist bending leaners at OT.

3. jsull87

jsull87 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +119 / 5 / -1

This year has been especially hard for me to come up with a mock for the pats... because there isn't alot of possitions you could say we have a glaaaaring need at basically because we have gone 11-2 with this team... plus we get warren, bodden, faulk and kakzur back next year. so thats our best DE & CB plus a RB and Tackle already coming back next year.

The positions i have identified that are dead set solid needs are OG, OLB and maybe 1 more Tackle (left or right because vollmer can play either)

And then from there you can't say that one is worth a 1a or a 2a e.t.c because i think they are all at a similar need level.

I honestly think this draft more than most will be a purely value draft... pick the best guy on your board irrespective of need.

4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,064 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

Don't like the first pick as I see more of a need at RG than OT. But the rest are solid. I would take Bailey and Michael Floyd is a beast and is a great value pick at that spot.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  5. CoachK

CoachK Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm not a big Beal fan. Seems to be questions about his instincts and his ability to hold the edge.

More importantly, I would be devastated if we took a any OT from a weak OL class over Kerrigan or Ayers.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  6. SirApropos

SirApropos On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

I don't think Beal will last until the end of round 2. He is late 1st/early 2nd round material. In my mock I actually have him at 33rd. I actually think Kerrigan is overrated and will be drafted too high and Ayers isn't a fit for the 3-4 system the Pats run and is more of a 4-3 DE.

2A. Jeremy Beal – DE/OLB Oklahoma (6-3/267)
    Senior, 2010 Team Captain. Big-12 Defensive Lineman of the Year 2010. All Big-12 First team in 2010. The front seven is always a priority, especially the pass rush. Beal is a great DE/OLB prospect, and could really bring some pressure in the Patriots system. Beal has a great motor and an insane work ethic. 10 sacks in 2010 (28 in career). Has the athleticism to drop into coverage as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.