PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Tek Mock (4 rds) 12/9/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would probably take this one..

Draft Tek - NFL Consensus Mock Draft 2011 Round 1 (17-32)

15 Derek Sherrod LT Miss St.
32 Allen Bailey DE The U
33 Michael Floyd WR ND
64 Jeremy Beal OLB OU
76 Ryan WIlliams RB Va Tech

Plus the all name picks of Tank Carter and Randall "Tex" Cobb

I really like the last four picks in this mock, especailly the potential that Williams brings at RB.

But Sherrod is a head scrathcer. BB does not typically take waist bending leaners at OT.

This year has been especially hard for me to come up with a mock for the pats... because there isn't alot of possitions you could say we have a glaaaaring need at basically because we have gone 11-2 with this team... plus we get warren, bodden, faulk and kakzur back next year. so thats our best DE & CB plus a RB and Tackle already coming back next year.

The positions i have identified that are dead set solid needs are OG, OLB and maybe 1 more Tackle (left or right because vollmer can play either)

And then from there you can't say that one is worth a 1a or a 2a e.t.c because i think they are all at a similar need level.

I honestly think this draft more than most will be a purely value draft... pick the best guy on your board irrespective of need.

Don't like the first pick as I see more of a need at RG than OT. But the rest are solid. I would take Bailey and Michael Floyd is a beast and is a great value pick at that spot.

Last edited:
I'm not a big Beal fan. Seems to be questions about his instincts and his ability to hold the edge.

More importantly, I would be devastated if we took a any OT from a weak OL class over Kerrigan or Ayers.

Last edited:
I'm not a big Beal fan. Seems to be questions about his instincts and his ability to hold the edge.

More importantly, I would be devastated if we took a any OT from a weak OL class over Kerrigan or Ayers.

I don't think Beal will last until the end of round 2. He is late 1st/early 2nd round material. In my mock I actually have him at 33rd. I actually think Kerrigan is overrated and will be drafted too high and Ayers isn't a fit for the 3-4 system the Pats run and is more of a 4-3 DE.

2A. Jeremy Beal – DE/OLB Oklahoma (6-3/267)
Senior, 2010 Team Captain. Big-12 Defensive Lineman of the Year 2010. All Big-12 First team in 2010. The front seven is always a priority, especially the pass rush. Beal is a great DE/OLB prospect, and could really bring some pressure in the Patriots system. Beal has a great motor and an insane work ethic. 10 sacks in 2010 (28 in career). Has the athleticism to drop into coverage as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes