KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Used CBS Sports Big Board.

Round 1-

1. Texans- Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina

2. Rams- Greg Robinson OT Auburn

3. Jaguars- Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M

*TRADE*(Falcons trade #6, #103, #147, 2014 5th)
4. Falcons- Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo
Falcons need a pass rusher. Khalil Mack in my opinion is the best OLB in this draft. I think he should go #1, but since Texans took Clowney, they trade up two spots to get their pass rusher. Also, they could also take an OT at this spot as well.

5. Raiders- Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

6.(From Falcons) Anthony Barr OLB UCLA

7. Buccaneers- Mike Evans WR Texas A&M

8. Vikings- Blake Bortles QB UCF

9. Bills- Taylor Lewan OT Michigan

10. Lions- Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State

*TRADE*(Dolphins trade #19, #81, #116, 2015 3rd)
11. Dolphins- Zack Martin OT Notre Dame
Dolphins trade up to get their OT. Knowing that Giants are high on him, they move up one spot before the Giants.

12. Giants- Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh

13. Rams- Hasean Clinton-Dix FS Alabama

*TRADE*(Jets trade #18, #80, #233)
14. Jets- Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
After the Jets lost out on DRC, Revis, and cutting Cromartie, they Jets are worried about their secondary. Jets panic and trade up to get Dennard before Steelers take him at #15.

15. Steelers- Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech

16. Cowboys- Calvin Pryor FS Louisville

17. Ravens- Eric Ebron TE UNC

18.(From Jets) Bears- Timmy Jernigan DT Florida State

19.(From Dolphins) Titans- Dee Ford DE Auburn

*TRADE*(Panthers trade #28, #92,#168, 2015 5th)
20. Panthers- Odell Beckham WR LSU
Odell falls, Panthers are in need of a WR, they trade up to get him.

21. Packers- Ryan Shazier OLB Ohio State

22. Eagles- Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State

23. Chiefs- Marqise Lee WR USC

24. Bengals- Bradley Roby CB Ohio State

25. Chargers- Louis Nix DT Notre Dame

26. Browns- Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M
Manziel falls, Browns scoop him up.

27. Saints- CJ Mosley ILB Alabama

28.(From Panthers) Cardinals- Kony Ealy DE Missouri

*TRADE*(Jaguars trade #39, #105, #150, #179)
29. Jaguars- Derek Carr QB Fresno State
Jaguars trade up and give the Patriots a ton of picks for this guy. Jaguars are in need of a QB and Derek Carr is a perfect fit for the Jags.

30. 49ers- Jason Verrett CB TCU

31. Broncos- Xavier Su'a-Filo OG UCLA

32. Seahawks- Allen Robinson WR Penn State

Round 2

33. Texans- Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville

34. Redskins- Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama

35. Browns- Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss

36. Raiders- Tom Savage QB Pittsburgh

37. Falcons- Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech

38. Buccaneers- Morgan Moses OT Virginia

*TRADE*(Giants trade #43, #152, 2015 6th)
39. Giants- JaWuan James OT Tennessee
Giants trade up a couple spots to get their OT. Don't be surprised if JaWuan goes in the first round. Patriots get a 5th rounder out of this pick.

40. Vikings- Demarcus Lawrence DE Boise State

41. Bills- Jimmie Ward SS Northern Illinois

42. Titans- Carlos Hyde RB Ohio State

43.(From Giants) Patriots- Ra'Shede Hageman DT Minnesota
I was not expecting Hageman to fall this far after being ranked #32 on the big board. You cant pass up a player that is equivalent to Richard Seymour.

*TRADE*(Cowboys trade #47, #158)
44. Cowboys- Joel Bitonio OG Nevada
Cowboys need to upgrade their interior offensive line.

45. Lions- Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt

46. Steelers- Cody Latimer WR Indiana

47. Rams- Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois

48. Ravens- Cameron Fleming OT Stanford

49. Jets- Kelvin Benjamin WR Florida State

*TRADE* (Bengals trade #55, #123)
50. Bengals- Scott Crichton DE Oregon State
Margus Hunt is a question mark so they trade up to get a great DE.

51. Bears- Deone Bucannon SS Washington State

52. Cardinals- Jeremiah Attaochu OLB Georgia Tech

53. Packers- Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington

54. Eagles- Lamarcus Joyner CB Florida State

55.(From Bengals) Dolphins- Phillip Gaines CB Rice

56. 49ers- Martavis Bryants WR Clemson

57. Chargers- Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU

58. Saints- Weston Richburg OC Colorado State

59. Colts- Billy Turner OT North Dakota State

60. Panthers- Dominique Easley DT Florida

61. 49ers- DaQuan Jones DT Penn State

*TRADE*(Browns #71, 2015 4th)
62. Browns- Bishop Sankey RB Washington
After trading away Trent Richardson, they need to replace him. They trade up to get Sankey who I think is the best RB in the draft.

63. Broncos- Keith McGill CB Utah

64. Seahawks- Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi State

Patriots 7 Round Mock...

29. Traded to Jaguars for #39, #105, #150, #179
39. Traded to Giants for #43, #152, 2015 6th
43. Ra'Shede Hageman DT Minnesota (CBS Rank #32)
62. Traded to Browns for #71, 2015 4th
71. Kareem Martin DE UNC (CBS Rank #73)
93. Jordan Tripp OLB Montana (CBS Rank #93)
105. CJ Fiedorowicz TE Iowa (CBS Rank #106)
130. AJ McCarron QB Alabama (CBS Rank #124)
140. (COMP) David Yankey OG/OC Stanford (CBS Rank #151)
150. Traded to Eagles for 2015 4th
152. Craig Loston SS LSU (CBS Rank #163)
179. Traded to Bears for 2015 5th
198. Tyler Gaffney RB Stanford (CBS Rank #203)
206. Dontae Johnson CB North Carolina State(CBS Rank #208)
244. Bryan Stork OC Florida State (CBS Rank #264)

Ok let the bashing begin....

Last edited:
No bashing here, my friend.

If that's the way it somehow shakes out, you'll hear no complaints from me. My only concern would be the possibility that some of those players for us could be gone by the time we'd pick.

Hageman at 43

Kareem Martin at 68

Would be excellent value for sure. I also like the idea of Tripp, CJF, McCarron, and Yankey as well; but again, it seems on the lower side of odds that all of those players would still be around at the times we'd pick. If it happened, I think it'd be tremendous.

Great job for your mock no matter what. I wonder if Ealy going in the spot ahead of us would be the icing on the cake for a trade down, although I suspect it wouldn't matter that much either way?

One other very minor nitpick which may/may not make a lick of difference:

CLE did make a nice free agent pickup for their starting, bellcow RB with the addition of Ben Tate, who was actually my favorite FA RB available this year. Whether or not that would matter for the addition of Bishop Sankey remains to be seen, but I'm wondering if they could get away with using their resources in another area and waiting a little longer for the selection of RB.

One thing is for sure....no one seems to have any idea as to what the CLE Browns will do next weekend, so that adds one more interesting storyline to keep an eye on.

One other very minor nitpick which may/may not make a lick of difference:

CLE did make a nice free agent pickup for their starting, bellcow RB with the addition of Ben Tate, who was actually my favorite FA RB available this year. Whether or not that would matter for the addition of Bishop Sankey remains to be seen, but I'm wondering if they could get away with using their resources in another area and waiting a little longer for the selection of RB.

One thing is for sure....no one seems to have any idea as to what the CLE Browns will do next weekend, so that adds one more interesting storyline to keep an eye on.

I completely forgot they got Ben Tate!

I completely forgot they got Ben Tate!

I figured that you may have.

Like I said, they may need some depth and competition for the spot regardless though. They are a bit of a hard team to try and judge for me, personally. I think they may end up trading a pick or two into the future for a 2nd or 3rd rounder again next year, which is a lot of what dryheat44 suggests in his mock.

To be honest, I think they are a QB away from being a WC competitor, due to their skill position players such as Gordon, Tate, and Cameron--along with their potential for a somewhat stout defense.

1 ~ I won't get into the particulars of your personnel, because I don't generally do that, but I have to give Props for an exceptionally well-constructed and carefully thought-out Mock!!
beer.gif

2 ~ And I absolutely love your TradeBacks!!

3 ~ I always included a bucket of TradeBacks, and I love the way you've accumulated a load of extra Picks by means of TradeBacks that are well-explained, perfectly defensible, and utterly realistic!!

4 ~ Are they likely, one might inquire? Is it likely that the Jaguars'd be willing to go 4 for 1 to get Carr, for instance? Many would debate that, and it's a subject that interests me greatly. I've always argued that there are quite conceivably 3, 10, or even 20 Trades discussed for every one that actually happens...I've gotten the distinct impression that most GM's usually want to trade up.

5 ~ We'll likely never know how many Offers and CounterOffers are bandied about in the BoardRooms, but the important thing that is that the Trades you've included in your Mock are not only perfectly Square in terms of what I like to call Book Value, so are the motivations behind the Trades.

Thanks for a really enjoyable Mock, Bro ~ one we could really sink our teeth into.
thumb.gif

Yeah, the Ben Tate bit was a gaffe, obviously, and I'd like to know what the presumed TradeUp was that started with our trading for #71 and then drafting at #68...But these are minor things. :cool:

Great job man, really well thought out and entertaining. Even though you forgot about Ben Tate I don't think that would stop Cleveland using a high pick on a RB, especially if they acquire even more picks trading back. In terms of the picks for the 1st 2 rounds I don't have any major issues. My only question would be do you think Jacksonville could pass on Khalil Mack at #3 for a guy likely to play RT? (or push last years #2 pick to RT). I think Mack is a perfect fit for the Jags defensive system but if they go purely BPA I can see them liking Matthews slightly more.

On the Pats picks, the only thing I don't like is Jordan Tripp at 93 but I love Yankey at 140 so I'll just pretend those picks were switched (even though CBS ranks them the way you have it). Hageman was a very early binky of mine and I would love to grab him at any stage and I'm starting to come around on Martin. I don't think Martin's on-field or athletic testing numbers matched what I saw on tape and thought he needed a lot of development but it's really hard to pass up that kind of raw talent. I see him as a Michael Johnson or Greg Hardy type pick who has the prototype size, elite athleticism and flashed dominance but hasn't put it all together yet. Once again great job.

Great job man, really well thought out and entertaining. Even though you forgot about Ben Tate I don't think that would stop Cleveland using a high pick on a RB, especially if they acquire even more picks trading back. In terms of the picks for the 1st 2 rounds I don't have any major issues. My only question would be do you think Jacksonville could pass on Khalil Mack at #3 for a guy likely to play RT? (or push last years #2 pick to RT). I think Mack is a perfect fit for the Jags defensive system but if they go purely BPA I can see them liking Matthews slightly more.

On the Pats picks, the only thing I don't like is Jordan Tripp at 93 but I love Yankey at 140 so I'll just pretend those picks were switched (even though CBS ranks them the way you have it). Hageman was a very early binky of mine and I would love to grab him at any stage and I'm starting to come around on Martin. I don't think Martin's on-field or athletic testing numbers matched what I saw on tape and thought he needed a lot of development but it's really hard to pass up that kind of raw talent. I see him as a Michael Johnson or Greg Hardy type pick who has the prototype size, elite athleticism and flashed dominance but hasn't put it all together yet. Once again great job.

According to the Walter Football Team Draft Rumors, it says that they were high on Jake Matthews at the #3 pick which is why I had the Jags take Matthews and Not Khalil Mack.

That's a lot of picks...and I think you forgot one, as you gave us #71 in a trade but didn't make a selection there.

Solid effort, although as bad as the Jags are, and as much talent as they need, I can't see them trading three picks in this draft to move up 10 spots.

I love the trade, but I don't think it's very realistic. The Jags would probably just as soon wait until the second or third rounds to pick up a guy like Murray or Mettenberger before surrendering that many draft picks to move back into the first round and pick up Carr. Don't get me wrong, I would be ecstatic, but I don't see that kind of plunder happening. Very solid work and it's hard for me to disagree with much else.

Very nice. You got good players and acquired future picks.

I am not against trading back but in this draft I'd like to repackages those picks to move back into the top 4 rounds. 5th and 6th round picks are generally not that good I don't care how deep the draft is.

I'm not as keen as the rest of you at trading down. The Patriots have good success with their
1st round picks in the Belichick era but not nearly as good in other rounds.

For example, only a couple of their first round picks were duds: Maroney and perhaps Meriweather.

In the 2nd round 50% of their picks were below average: B.Johnson, Hill, C. Jackson, Wheatley,
Chung, Brace, Butler, Cunningham, Dowling, and T. Wilson.

In the 3rd round 57% of their picks were below average: Williams, Scott, Thomas, Crable, O'connell, McKenzie, Price, and Bequette.

A study conducted a few years ago confirmed a steep drop off in players making teams long
term beyond the 1st round.

I'm not as keen as the rest of you at trading down. The Patriots have good success with their
1st round picks in the Belichick era but not nearly as good in other rounds.

For example, only a couple of their first round picks were duds: Maroney and perhaps Meriweather.

In the 2nd round 50% of their picks were below average: B.Johnson, Hill, C. Jackson, Wheatley,
Chung, Brace, Butler, Cunningham, Dowling, and T. Wilson.

In the 3rd round 57% of their picks were below average: Williams, Scott, Thomas, Crable, O'connell, McKenzie, Price, and Bequette.

A study conducted a few years ago confirmed a steep drop off in players making teams long
term beyond the 1st round.

Shocking.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3