PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft parties

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmac14

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Anyone going to the Putnam Club on the 30th or the CBS Scene on Saturday the 2nd of May with Zo and Bertrand?

I went to the Patriots draft party in the Gillette practice bubble in 2004 and to be honest I didn't think it was much fun. It was too loud to hear what was happening with the draft, the food was mediocre and the beer was expensive.

Then again I'm not much of a draftnik, so maybe it would be more fun for someone who really follows all the players etc

I went to the Patriots draft party in the Gillette practice bubble in 2004 and to be honest I didn't think it was much fun. It was too loud to hear what was happening with the draft, the food was mediocre and the beer was expensive.
I've been to a couple of these (one at the Putnam Club) and also was disappointed each time. Lousy food, etc. and halfhearted appearances by the team's brain trust. Plus, the Pats always pick late and usually kill anticipation by trading down or picking someone you've never heard of. The NFL draft is the world's most overrated "spectacle."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes