PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft parties

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmac14

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Anyone going to the Putnam Club on the 30th or the CBS Scene on Saturday the 2nd of May with Zo and Bertrand?

I went to the Patriots draft party in the Gillette practice bubble in 2004 and to be honest I didn't think it was much fun. It was too loud to hear what was happening with the draft, the food was mediocre and the beer was expensive.

Then again I'm not much of a draftnik, so maybe it would be more fun for someone who really follows all the players etc

I went to the Patriots draft party in the Gillette practice bubble in 2004 and to be honest I didn't think it was much fun. It was too loud to hear what was happening with the draft, the food was mediocre and the beer was expensive.
I've been to a couple of these (one at the Putnam Club) and also was disappointed each time. Lousy food, etc. and halfhearted appearances by the team's brain trust. Plus, the Pats always pick late and usually kill anticipation by trading down or picking someone you've never heard of. The NFL draft is the world's most overrated "spectacle."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back