PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft magazines

Status
Not open for further replies.

LloydBraun

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I am in New Brunswick, Canada.

Are there any draft mags out in the US? Pro football weekly & Lindy's are due out this week or next.

Most of the draft mags don't come out until a few week after the combine. In the old days I used to get Ourlads but eventually found their mock to way off. Then I switched to Sporting News...seduced by the glossy pix but again their mock was way off. For the last few years I have found Pro Football Weekly's draft guide to be the best but last year's was weak; their coverage was not in-depth enough (they did not give much background on the players college highlights etc.)

Profballweekly's site says mid-Feb. lindy's has Feb 28. Often they come out a week before the date.

Waiting impatiently... Haha

To save a few bucks, I buy PFW's pre-draft issue (end of March) instead of their more expensive
(and less recent) Guide.
I also wait for USAToday's Sports Weekly draft issue (early April); it's a little more expensive than its regular weekly issue, but it comes individually wrapped and is much thicker.
I always buy Lindy's pre-season mag (the best on the shelf, IMHO), but its pre-draft issue is just info from NFLDraftScout, who also provides for Sports Weekly & CBSSportsline.com.
I also buy The Sporting News draft issue, but use it more for reference than for gospel
(which I guess would make it the Wikipedia of NFL draft mags).

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back