PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Day Bust Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
mine are

Reggie Bush....will never live up to the hype...and it will crush him...0 probowls(or maybe 1 michael vick pro bowl)

Matt Leinart...Hollywood here we come...gone in 5 years

Vince Young...Akili smith will one day say why the hell did they pick him?

Jay Cutler...Fast Forward Three years.......Guy1 Hey what about that Jay Cutler huh? Guy2 Yeah,I tell you what he can really dig a ditch quick!

Lendale White...Fast Forward Two years******Headline****Titans RB Late To Camp......(article) Lendale white was late to mini-camp today as the wall to his house had to removed for him to leave.When asked for comment about his ballooning weight the running back said."I wash myself with a rag on a stick!".........

Any other predictions from the peanut gallery?:D

Last edited:
BradyBirdYazOrr said:
Any other predictions from the peanut gallery?:D

Donte Whitner and John McCargo

Seymour93 said:
Donte Whitner and John McCargo

Somebody dropped something seriously hallucinogenic in the Bills' FO drinks yesterday. :D

Haloti Ngata - has no fire

Joseph Addai - because the Colts drafted him

Whitner will be a bust almost by default....What are the Bills thinking?...oh btw like my avatar I made it myself

Last edited:
Mario Williams
Haloti Ngata
Ernie Sims

gomezcat said:
Somebody dropped something seriously hallucinogenic in the Bills' FO drinks yesterday. :D

It must be that same stuff the FA have been on recently. :D

Seriously how did they f--- that up? Ohh well uber reds don't care about the national side, remember! Argentina!

For all others, don't mind me and gomez. :)

Seymour93 said:
It must be that same stuff the FA have been on recently. :D

Seriously how did they f--- that up? Ohh well uber reds don't care about the national side, remember! Argentina!

For all others, don't mind me and gomez. :)

How DID they f it up? I don't know, but they are seriously incompetent. My interest in the national team is secondary to my interest in United. I am not being uber-red (although RI has far too many super cool uber reds) but it's difficult to describe the nationalism that goes with support England at soccer and it is a real turn off. The songs are racist, the mentality of a large minority is incredibly xenophobic and it has often been more about hating the opposition than supporting England.
It's not the same for Cricket, Rugby or any other sport where the fans are great, but soccer is a different matter. I follow England with a passion at other sports.

gomezcat said:
How DID they f it up? I don't know, but they are seriously incompetent. My interest in the national team is secondary to my interest in United. I am not being uber-red (although RI has far too many super cool uber reds) but it's difficult to describe the nationalism that goes with support England at soccer and it is a real turn off. The songs are racist, the mentality of a large minority is incredibly xenophobic and it has often been more about hating the opposition than supporting England.
It's not the same for Cricket, Rugby or any other sport where the fans are great, but soccer is a different matter. I follow England with a passion at other sports.

The FA should've kept it hush-hush because as soon as the tabloids get a hold of it... and we think the media in this country (USA) is bad... Scolari got death threats according to RI. :rolleyes:

Vince Young...just don't think he has the smarts to play consistently well on Sundays.

D'Brickshaw Ferguson...doesn't seem to have the dominating size the great ones at his position have.

Davin Joseph...I saw him play a lot at OU and from Day 1 I thought the kid was completely overrated. He and Chris Chester were both drafted today and made up about 40 percent of last year's starting line....which was FREAKIN AWFUL.

Cromartie...This one has Marty Ball written all over it.

I don't think Whitner will be a bust at all. He was the best saftey in this draft and most didn't have him getting past the Cowboys. Whitner can stay on the field in almost any scheme. So, he moved up 10 spots; not the end of the world.

Granted, that probably wasn't what Buffalo should've addressed with that pick, but I don't think it's fair to call Donte a bust.

I can see Vince Young being a bust. Mechanics seem to be a big issue with him.

Vince Young - I'm not a believer he can drop back and throw it consistently

Jay Cutler - Somehow a guy who didn't look good Senior bowl week when actual football was played managed to jump up in the draft because of workouts.

Mario Williams won't be a bust but unless he is Reggie White or at least Julius Peppers he will be roasted in Houston.

Disagree on Williams.....

JJDChE said:
Mario Williams
Haloti Ngata
Ernie Sims

I think Mario will be the real deal........the guy is intense.....time will tell

Bust: Bobby Carpenter

Vernon DAvis (not completely his fault, no one to throw to him)

Manny Lawson (too slight)

Vince Young will be a tremendous bust. No doubt in my mind.

DBrickashaw Ferguson will be a good player, but hardly the John Hannah that Jet fans think he'll be. Seymour will eat his lunch 2 Sundays a year for the next 5 years.

Addai will have inflated stats for the Colts, but will be a tremendous downgrade from Edge (obviously).

On the other side, I think that Holmes, Maroney, and Kiwanuka will be monsters.

I'd say Young as my first choice to be a bust. I think if he went to a team where he could be in the back up role for 2-3 years he might emerge as a really good QB, but I don't think he's NFL ready yet. I also have a theory that so many highly picked QBs are busts is that they are picked by bad teams and are expected to be highly productive from the start. QB is just not a position where many kids can transition from college to the NFL level. There's a learning curve. QBs drafted in later rounds are expected to be projects in back up roles and have a chance to learn the NFL game without being in the spotlight. Leinhart has a better chance of being successful cause he'll at least start the season behind Warner, though he went to a bad team. I think Williams will be a solid player but won't live up to the expectations of a #1 pick. I think Bush has the chance to be an incredible talent in the NFL if he's used correctly. Specifically I think a team needs to find ways to get him the ball in space, I'm not sure he's a true every down tailback.

JJDChE said:
Mario Williams
Haloti Ngata
Ernie Sims

If NC State's defense was that good, (3 first rounders) why were they only 7-5???
Sims is the perfect Detroit pick and explains why they are mirred in mediocrity or worse. If he got 5 concussions in college, as reported, what will happen in the NFL when the hits are harder, the players bigger and faster and the collisions more intense???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft