PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dont like what I read here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I think it has become a sense of entitlement to some of the pats fans (I use the term loosely here) on this board to expect blow outs as if they were personally superior to other team's fans and feel angry if it does not turn out that way. I can't believe people have started questioning Randy Moss's effort after he drew double coverage to create space for other receivers on 71 of the 73 offensive snaps! Have you ever seen a stretch-the-field receiver playing on that high a percentage of snaps?
Well stated, and no, I cannot imagine any player being able to go all out on 97% of the total offensive snaps. That's unheard of and confirms that this guy draws coverage like no one else in the game. That contribution alone is worth it.

Some of you people get so tourqed up over this team and how YOU feel they ought to play. Let the coaches teach the team their way not ours, I'm sure they will be successful. Then perhaps you can enjoy their great season.

The Blue Print thing is actually funny to me. What are the Eagles the only NFL team that knows how to watch film.

i thought i saw moss blocking on the last touchdown.

Yes, he got a somewhat important block on Maroney's TD run toward the end of the game.....he's dogging it alright.:bricks:

Some people seriously need to get a clue about football. I'm not even going into Moss' running style, and how the Patriots used him, as I'm pretty sure the detractors likely wouldn't quite understand anyways.

Just a few thoughts here.

Randy was double teamed all night - and double teamed WELL

That left a man without coverage - and Brady found him consistently.

Whether Moss was going full out or not didn't mean they dropped a man off him - and quite honestly, being on the field on nearly every play, I'm not sure I want him running full speed each and every play - that's a lot to ask.

It'd be one thing if he's getting a break on the bench here and there but that's not happening with this offense.

So I wouldn't want to see him dogging it routinely but hearing all of this isn't a big concern to me.

Last edited:
uh..we won...we're 11-0

WTF is the major malfunction here?

Moss got ROBBED on that bullshyt P.I. call.He made a number of plays...I'm watching NFL replay right now...just don't get this chicken little crap

Last edited:
Excellent post! I saw Moss punched within 5 yards of the LOS on most plays. This wears one out after awhile, and he was an obvious decoy on many plays. His presence is why Welker had such a big day.

I'm glad there's somebody that saw the same game I did. He was getting whacked by two guys every play, his jersey was blatantly puled for a count of three with no call, bullsnit offensive PI.

Plus, who has been in for more snaps than anyone on the team? I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Moss.

This is sniveling whiner Philly Jaworski trying to deflect attention from Feeley's incredible choke and Felcher just living up to his name (check the urban dictionary).

They're trying to make the news instead of report it.

Anybody unsatisfied with Moss's performance? If not STFU Jaworski.

This isn't Reiss talking BTW, it's just reporting the words of that mediocre former Philly QB.

I call Bullsheet! That is the reason why I did not want Moss before the trade. It is not acceptable no matter what excuse you use. Yes, I am glad the trade was made. Maybe he should sit on plays that he wants to take off. You don't want him blocking downfield, give me a freakin' break.

It's not enough that he draws two defenders by himself on one side of the field in isolation? What do you want him to do, breakdance?

Felger is really Borges since his plastic surgery -:) Jaws is pretty unbiased except he over fawns over QB's usually. I don't thinki anyone who wasn't at the game and watching Moss knows because the TV shot rarely shows what WR's do after the snap unless the ball is thrown to that guy and they replay his entire route. So for me, it's just something to see if other, unbaised people, say the same thing in future games. I would thinkj Riess, for instance, now has that as something to look for in the next few games. And if he and others start saying it, we'll have to start believing it. Jaws will be doing the MNF game so we'll see if he says it then and maybe they'll replay things to help make his point, which ever way that points.

Ok, so what if this is what happened: BB and Brady both see that Moss is continually drawing double coverage and it's taking him out of the play most of the time. Bonus is that Welker is getting open all over the place. So, on the sidelines while the D is on the field, they tell Randy, "Look, we know it's going to be tough to get you the ball tonight, but just keep going through your routes and as long as you're drawing 2 defenders we're in business." I wouldn't hold anything against Moss for running at 80% as long as it continues to keep 2 defenders off of the rest of the receivers. So, what might have appeared to Jaws as "dogging it" was simply the way they knew things were going to go the rest of the game.

They won....end of story.

Bingo. Draw 2 defenders, 19 completions to Welker and Gaffney.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Stop the nonsense. Randy looks like he's loafing when he's cruising past guys and leaving them in the dust. He has the classic long stride. Stop the nonsense.

I do not think you can say Philly took Moss out of the game, cause they never stopped Double Covering him. If Moss was slacking so bad that they could have gone back to single coverage, I would have a problem.

Excellent summary and great conclusion.

But I am afraid the media has sensed blood in the water and we are going to see the sharks soon circling; soon a 'story' is going to be built up on this and following that, there will be increase in the # of fans who will admit that Moss did not run at full speed on one route that they saw in person or saw him giving it up when they rewound and watched the game tape many times over. :rolleyes:

Why is everyone so eager to pull down Moss? Even if they are convinced by what they saw, why can't they have the maturity to keep quiet for at least one game and give him the benefit of the doubt for how he has performed and carried himself for the last 10 games? By all means, let those doubters create a Moss-is-a-quitter thread after two or three games if they are sure about it, but after just one game in which he was double-teamed fully?? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes