PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dont like what I read here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

notex

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Im not making any assumptions...I was at the game (sick seats - 10 rows up at midfeild behind the bench) but had five or six too many budweisers so i honestly didnt watch the game as closely as i would from home...plus all hte cheering and staring at the cheerleaders..:rocker:

Anyways...randy moss has been our main target this year and perhaps if he wasnt putting in the full effort then it made it easier for the Eagles...They do not have better pass coverage than any other team so i dont see it being superior pass coverage that stalled our offense (i cant beleive im calling 31 points a bad offensive game)

Here read it for yourself...anyone else see this happening cause i didnt...

In Reiss's blog...
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Jaworski On moss

Asked if he noticed anything in the way the Eagles defended Randy Moss, Jaworski said: “Nothing specifically. For the most part, I know they focused on avoiding the big play out of Randy Moss. Quite honestly, when I went through the tape, it was the first time that I was personally disappointed in a Randy Moss performance. I did not see the same energy on every single play that I had seen so far this season. When he was the No. 1 go-to guy on a route, he gave great effort and hustle. But there were some plays on the back-side, when he wasn’t the primary receiver, I did not see the great effort. Knowing how the Patriots handle things internally, I’m sure there have been some discussions on Randy that ‘every snap, we need 100 percent out of you.’ I thought a few times, Tom tried to get him involved in the game and tried to force some balls into him.”

didnt mean to double post ...my bad

I was at the game too and did not have a bunch of Buds! I asked my husband during the 1st half if he thought Moss was doggin' it on a couple of plays (there was one in particular where Brady was not accurate, but Moss only put a half-hearted arm up in the direction of the ball rather than going all out to snag it), and he agreed he was. Didn't see it mentioned here, so I thought I was imagining things, but I heard Jaws say it today on ESPN too.

expect this to get big play on news this week. Already felger is touting this on his radio show.

I was at the game too and did not have a bunch of Buds! I asked my husband during the 1st half if he thought Moss was doggin' it on a couple of plays (there was one in particular where Brady was not accurate, but Moss only put a half-hearted arm up in the direction of the ball rather than going all out to snag it), and he agreed he was. Didn't see it mentioned here, so I thought I was imagining things, but I heard Jaws say it today on ESPN too.

who cares? thats how he plays best. personally i dont want him "going all out" and getting beaten up blocking downfield when its irrelevant to the play's outcome. let him use his energy for what hes best at, which is big plays deep that win games.

expect this to get big play on news this week. Already felger is touting this on his radio show.

Felger is really such a jerk.

Dear Raiders, can we get a refund?

Honestly, my take was this. Moss was being double covered most of the game. Brady definitely took some shots to Moss that were very unlikely to be completed. Almost all of them (from memory) were on 1st and 2nd down.

But after every throw to Moss, it seemed like we came right back to Welker for the 1st down. And IMO, Welker was so open because we forced Philly to stay in their coverage. They were playing Cover 2, rolling the Safety over to help on Moss. I believe this was their base coverage for the game, and the Patriots "kept them honest" by throwing to Moss. As long as the Safety was deep and worried about Moss, Welker had all the room he needed underneath and in the seem.

Moss took a lot of decent shots from the Phi D-backs and he was a decoy most of the game, running a lot of deep routes. It doesnt surprise me that he was worn down and was'nt going 100% the whole game. I only saw one replay where Moss did a 5yr slant in from the offensive left side (and was double covered), that he was clearly not putting in 100% effort.

If teams are going to create their base D around stopping Moss, Welker is going to shred them. We had no running game, so basically no play action, which is how we have been getting Moss 1v1 a lot this season.

I do not think you can say Philly took Moss out of the game, cause they never stopped Double Covering him. If Moss was slacking so bad that they could have gone back to single coverage, I would have a problem.

Felger is really such a jerk.
He's becoming the Borges of the radio shows, as it appears Jaworski has given this petty guy something to focus on this week. He's incapable of coming up with an original analysis on his own, and his pet subject during TC was how Randy was "dogging it."

Honestly, my take was this. Moss was being double covered most of the game. Brady definitely took some shots to Moss that were very unlikely to be completed. Almost all of them (from memory) were on 1st and 2nd down.

But after every throw to Moss, it seemed like we came right back to Welker for the 1st down. And IMO, Welker was so open because we forced Philly to stay in their coverage. They were playing Cover 2, rolling the Safety over to help on Moss. I believe this was their base coverage for the game, and the Patriots "kept them honest" by throwing to Moss. As long as the Safety was deep and worried about Moss, Welker had all the room he needed underneath and in the seem.

Moss took a lot of decent shots from the Phi D-backs and he was a decoy most of the game, running a lot of deep routes. It doesnt surprise me that he was worn down and was'nt going 100% the whole game. I only saw one replay where Moss did a 5yr slant in from the offensive left side (and was double covered), that he was clearly not putting in 100% effort.

If teams are going to create their base D around stopping Moss, Welker is going to shred them. We had no running game, so basically no play action, which is how we have been getting Moss 1v1 a lot this season.

I do not think you can say Philly took Moss out of the game, cause they never stopped Double Covering him. If Moss was slacking so bad that they could have gone back to single coverage, I would have a problem.
Excellent post! I saw Moss punched within 5 yards of the LOS on most plays. This wears one out after awhile, and he was an obvious decoy on many plays. His presence is why Welker had such a big day.

felger is so happy and cheering like a 17yr old now on his show that randy was dogging it as per jaws

Here we go.

Stupid media.

The other thing to keep in mind-- we didn't run the ball. At all, really. And since Moss is always the deep guy, that means he had to run the length of the field every darn play. I understand why the Pats played the way they did, but the offensive game plan was a problem and this is one of the many reasons why.

People are going to nitpick, but the truth is we got a good win. This is like the PI call on Moss. People are seeing something because they're looking for it.

i thought i saw moss blocking on the last touchdown.

I strongly agree with Hughthehand. Moss not only wasn't dogging it, he was playing well--he made some excellent blocks, one of which led to the running touchdown.

I only noticed him do it a couple of times in the 1st half. Shortly thereafter, he caught a couple of the short throws he did get, and he was soundly hammered. Maybe they were really abusing him, and that was the cause of his behavior.

I personally think it is one of those subconscious things we notice because of Moss' reputation. However every receiver has balls thrown out of reach and don't put full effort into trying to grab them. When you know how far and how fast you can reach, there's no need to try for something you can't reach just to try.

I'm sure many of us have had the instance where you are playing catch or something and your buddy throws the ball way too far out of reach, you don't even attempt to jump for it you just look at him like "WTF?" We look too much into in Moss' case because of his reputation and what we've heard of his past.

Also Moss tends to LOOK like he isn't going all out even when he is. The only way you can tell he's running fast is when he blows by defenders, because watching him run it doesn't look like he puts any effort into it. It's not that he doesn't put effort, it just how it appears to the eye on TV.

WOW.. Here we go... Damm, We made it to week 11 until this angle came up.. I had the under at 10 for this one to rear it's ugly head.. PATHETIC

I personally think it is one of those subconscious things we notice because of Moss' reputation. However every receiver has balls thrown out of reach and don't put full effort into trying to grab them. When you know how far and how fast you can reach, there's no need to try for something you can't reach just to try.

I'm sure many of us have had the instance where you are playing catch or something and your buddy throws the ball way too far out of reach, you don't even attempt to jump for it you just look at him like "WTF?" We look too much into in Moss' case because of his reputation and what we've heard of his past.

Also Moss tends to LOOK like he isn't going all out even when he is. The only way you can tell he's running fast is when he blows by defenders, because watching him run it doesn't look like he puts any effort into it. It's not that he doesn't put effort, it just how it appears to the eye on TV.
i agree that moss is focused a lot. Go back and look in the buffalo game. i think it was the watson TD or moss TD but i could see stallworth just stopping the route midway because he knew the ball wasnt being thrown his way..so everyone does it at some level .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye