PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't insult Tek with a low ball offer.....LOL

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Tek did not offer the Sox any discount in his past contract. The Sox offered hm more than any other team would pay him (4yr-40 million). When he turned down arbitration this year he showed his true color (Green).

I am now hearing that they should not insult Tek with a low ball offer.

Why?

He has zero offers from other teams, so any offer will be an improvement on what he has seen this year in offers.

I have seen plenty of Patriots players cut and resigned for lower dollars and they did not sulk or cry about it.

There is no Troy Brown is Tek.

Troy Brown is a guy who took less to remain a Patriot because he loves the town, the team, his coach and the players on his team.

Tek is a typical Boras client.... He is all about the money.

I say offer Tek a 1 year 2 million dollar contract with a ton of incentives that a typical catcher could achieve (250 avg?, 50 rbi's?, 100 games?)
If he has a decent season he will make all of those incentives and he will
be a free agent again after the season.

If he cannot make the incentives, it is time to retire.

John Smoltz just signed a contract with incentives, because he feels he can make the incentives.
If Tek does not feel he can make the type of incentives I listed above, do we really want him back?

I would prefer to pass on Tek and take the draft pick compensation if he signs with another team.
I now feel that nobody would sign him to the league minimum, because they would have to give up a top pick
as compensation.

Give him 1 year 2 million with incentives.

Last edited:
I'm sure the Ref Sox FO will do the right thing.
Theo is no fool.

Theo is no fool.

I hope you are right.

I just heard that it was Tek who requested the meeting with John Henry without Boras.

I am glad to hear that it was not John Henry chasing Tek.

I hope you are right.

I just heard that it was Tek who requested the meeting with John Henry without Boras.

I am glad to hear that it was not John Henry chasing Tek.

Should we be encouraged?

his bat speed is so slow. He couldnt catch up to a ball placed on a tee.

Theo is no fool.
Is this the same Theo who signed Lugo/Renteria for big bucks? How about that stellar Drew signing for 14mill/yr?
Theo is quite fallible.

cupofjoe is the biggest Tek basher ever.

Screw Tek ... nobody wants him but he wants a face saving offer to return to the Sox. He may have been a very good catcher for us but he is a 1st rate a-hole ... no wonder his wife canned his cheating azz. I'd rather have Mirabelli at this point than Tek ... we'll survive.

NESN REPORT ON VARITEK (I got this from the Red Sox ESPN board).

11:37pm: More on Varitek from NESN's Heidi Watney. She says Varitek's meeting with Henry was to "clear the air" rather than negotiate. The Red Sox had not been returning Scott Boras' phone calls, but now they'll reopen negotiations. Watney notes that Varitek was not aware when he turned down arbitration that any signing team would have to give up a draft pick. Tek does not blame Boras for this.

Sound like Tek is as dumb as he looks.
He don't blame Boras.... LOL...... Who's fault is it ?

That is as bad as Donovan McNabb not knowing that a football game can end in a tie.

How is Tek an a-hole?
Because what kind of dumb a-hole would not have taken that offer they gave him.
So he's not just an a-hole but a dumb a-hole ... a dumb-azzed-a-hole to boot.

Last edited:
NESN REPORT ON VARITEK (I got this from the Red Sox ESPN board).

11:37pm: More on Varitek from NESN's Heidi Watney. She says Varitek's meeting with Henry was to "clear the air" rather than negotiate. The Red Sox had not been returning Scott Boras' phone calls, but now they'll reopen negotiations. Watney notes that Varitek was not aware when he turned down arbitration that any signing team would have to give up a draft pick. Tek does not blame Boras for this.

Sound like Tek is as dumb as he looks.
He don't blame Boras.... LOL...... Who's fault is it ?

That is as bad as Donovan McNabb not knowing that a football game can end in a tie.
your a strange dude:rolleyes:. tek must have turned you down when you asked him out on a date or something. let us know how the stalking thing works out for you.

your a strange dude:rolleyes:. tek must have turned you down when you asked him out on a date or something. let us know how the stalking thing works out for you.

Did you go to school to learn that response?
Monday you should go to that school and demand a refund.

The fans knowing more about the arbitration process than Tek, proves
that Tek is not too bright.

He must have gone to your school.

Did you go to Georgia Tech?

I'm okay with low-balling him at this point. He's not worth big money anymore. "C", or not.

Did you go to school to learn that response?
no i just talked to your nurse at the psychiatric hospital your staying at.
she helped me with my response. she has high hopes for you that someday with treatment you wont be such a obsessive compulsive.

I'm okay with low-balling him at this point. He's not worth big money anymore. "C", or not.
I would be too but I do think it runs the risk of alienating some players in the organization and others outside of it. And for all of Tek's downside, he is still well respected by the pitching staff who believe that he is a great game caller.

IMO, he should be bought back on a 2 year deal for $5 mil per season. This is chump change for the Sox and equal to what he would have gotten in arb this year. The Sox should split his time with a young catcher (Bard or someone else they trade for) this year and then have him back up next year.

I would be too but I do think it runs the risk of alienating some players in the organization and others outside of it. And for all of Tek's downside, he is still well respected by the pitching staff who believe that he is a great game caller.

IMO, he should be bought back on a 2 year deal for $5 mil per season. This is chump change for the Sox and equal to what he would have gotten in arb this year. The Sox should split his time with a young catcher (Bard or someone else they trade for) this year and then have him back up next year.
i for one hope he comes back in a limited role.

Wasn't Tek banging Heidi Whatney? If so, eeewww. I'm always amazed by women, and how they'll bang guys regardless of how unattractive they may be. for example, could you see yourself boning someone like Linsay Davenport? Hell no!

Anyhow, I'm still trying to figure out what prescription medication Boras and Tek were taking when they rejected arbitration. The only way Tek signs here is if he get mutliple years for $7-9 million per, or a single year at the arbitration rate. I can't see him resigning for $2 million plus incentives, when he could have gotten $11 million or so, by accepting arb. It's a dicey situation for that reason. My guess is that the Sox will resign him, if he's willing to take $15-16 million over 2 years. Heck, they might not even do that, but worse, I bet Tek wouldn't accept it if they did.

Wasn't Tek banging Heidi Whatney? If so, eeewww. I'm always amazed by women, and how they'll bang guys regardless of how unattractive they may be. for example, could you see yourself boning someone like Linsay Davenport? Hell no!.

He was supposedly banging Hazel before that ... that would make Heidi & Hazel kissing cousins.:eek:

Don't believe those rumors the inside track pigs throw out there.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back