PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don Banks on some recent pats stats/history

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so tired of people bringing up the Jets playoff game. The Texans aren't the 2010 Jets and this Pats team is not the 2010 Pats.

30 years down the line Don Banks Jr will take over his fathers position and write the following golden words

"I know it is the year 2042 but the NY Jets should not be thinking about the 100-21 beating they took at the hands of the Patriots during the regular season ahead of this weeks AFC Championship game, they should remember the 2010 game where the Jets beat the PATS in the Playoffs after losing to them in the regular season 45-3, History is on your side JETS Fans"

Last edited:
"Everyone's" picking the Patriots and I detest it. Last few times "everyone" picked the Pats they played like crap, their opponents played their best game of the season, and the pats and their fans went home disappointed...
Last season was some form of redemption getting back to the SB after the Pats had two straight one and dones. "Everyone" was questioning their ability, and Brady's specifically, ability to win in the playoffs. Well, last year they blew the doors off an 8-8 wild card team and squeaked by a a good Baltimore team...and we know what flucking happened in the SB.
Hopefully this year Brady, Belichick, and the Patriots make it all the way back and claim that big trophy at the end of the season...

30 years down the line Don Banks Jr will take over his fathers position and write the following golden words

I'm saddened to think that 30 years from now the Pats defense will give up 21 points to a Rats team coached by Rex Ryan Jr.

It's funny how these arguments continue to arise....like losing two Super Bowls shows weakness. WIth the numbers they are throwing out, they make it seem like it would almost be better to NOT even make the playoffs.

Probably every Pats fan living out of market has heard crap after losing the Super Bowl from fans of teams who didn't even come close.

I live in Dolphins country, for crying out loud, and have heard cackles about how "you can't win the big one". It's kind of obvious, but I point out that they "can't even fathom the possibility that their beloved team might compete well enough to even dream of winning the big one some day"

but they always respond with a blank stare, silence, and "bbb....bbbb...but... you can't win the big one".

It's like the "My amp goes to 11" guy on Spinal Tap. Or cows watching a passing train.

The sad thing is that much of the news media has the same moronic mindset.

I'm saddened to think that 30 years from now the Pats defense will give up 21 points to a Rats team coached by Rex Ryan Jr.

Well actually the score will be 100-3 at the beginning of the 4th Q that is when BB Jr will pull TB Jr along with Gronk JR,Talib Jr, Nink Jr and Wilfork JR out of the game

I don't really see how Banks is being negative here. He's just looking at some playoff numbers. Just because the Pats W-L stats aren't as good as they were a few years ago is no big thing.

Look, we know winning Super Bowls is hard....having said that, it's time for the Pats to get number 4 (and I think they will).

What's funnier than some of the columnists who blow crap is knowing that most of the major web sites — SI, ESPN, NFL.com — are based and edited in New York, and some Pats-hating New Yawker often gets to write the headlines. Accuracy be dammed .. spin that baby! Classic case today:

NFLN.com home pageheadline: "Brandt: Patriots' defense could cost them"

What Brandt actually says about the Pats:
"This unit is better than it had been in recent seasons, though with a point differential of 226 (easily the biggest margin in the league), the Patriots don't rely on their defense as much as other teams. Rookies have played a very important role; Dont'a Hightower and Tavon Wilson have both played well, while Chandler Jones would have been a candidate for Defensive Rookie of the Year if he hadn't been hurt. Linebacker Jerod Mayo and defensive tackle Vince Wilfork will be the keys to stopping Houston's running game on Sunday."

Now, certainly the headline on the home page is a lot more interesting than what the doddering Brandt has to say. It's just, you know, not accurate. I just think it's funny that the home page headline writer a) knows the Pats will draw the click and b) gives it the spin he/she does. Happens all the time on these site.

Edit: And, um, gill: Tavon Wilson? Maybe you meant Fonzie Dennard?

Last edited:
Probably every Pats fan living out of market has heard crap after losing the Super Bowl from fans of teams who didn't even come close.

I live in Dolphins country, for crying out loud, and have heard cackles about how "you can't win the big one". It's kind of obvious, but I point out that they "can't even fathom the possibility that their beloved team might compete well enough to even dream of winning the big one some day"

but they always respond with a blank stare, silence, and "bbb....bbbb...but... you can't win the big one".

Pretty ironic given that those same people worship at the foot of Dan Marino. :D

Last edited:
Kind of difficult to win the Superbowl without being undefeated in the playoffs! :Dennis

Yeah...hate this kind of numbers crunching without any context.

This is extremely well point and absolutely correct.

Randomly spouting off the Patriots playoff record for the last arbitrary number of years has about as much to do with the outcome of this weekend's game as my last bowel movement.

If that's the case, then I hope that your next BM is a solid one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes