PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins and Suh a done deal

1. This guy hardly shows up in big games
2. This guy hasn't had any success against NE (although the sample size is small)

Not really worried about this.

Didnt i say that the pats have clearly the advantage in the qb position? I am just stating the fact that our dline could be better then it is. Its average at best if u asked me. I am sure we are gonna be division favorites once again but these defensive lines are very strong.
We have arguably the best lb core in the league. Collins and Hightower have both shown significant ability to get after the quarterback. Jones is slowly progressing to an upper echelon de, and nink is his usual solid, underrated self. Easley should be healthy, and hopefully proves himself next year. A couple draft picks and resigning Revis and this defense will be among the better defenses in the league, again.

I think suh is not worth all that guarantee money. I hope we draft a couple of offensive linemen. This draft should be about the trenches unless they feel comfortable with the players they have now.

Well, if Suh was taking a "step" in the wrong direction I'm sure he wouldn't even realize it.:cool:

Pretty clear that the rest of the Division from Buffalo to Miami is sick and tired of watching the Pats win it with such regularity, sometimes with weeks to spare. I think a sixth trip to the SB and a fourth trophy in 15 seasons was probably the last straw. In some ways, you could interpret the Suh signing and the trades in Buffalo and New York as "we can't just do nothing, we gotta do something." Fans and owners, old and new, are getting tired of the status quo so management is taking risks and shots in the dark. A couple of them might turn out to be smart moves.

What does this mean for the Pats, in addition to the obvious hope that we can keep both Revis and McCourty, that Gronk stays healthy, that Julian and Amendola and LaFell play the way they did this year, that Mayo is his old self when he returns, that Brady continues to be Brady and that somebody can rush the goddam passer?

"In BB I trust," but I think the following become even more important in light of the moves by the other teams in the Division:
1) An O-line that can always buy Brady the couple of seconds he needs to drop the ball off.
2) An ongoing "Vereen like" threat out of the backfield
3) A Blount who can ground and pound and keep the pass rush honest

The division foes always seem to do stuff like this and most of the time they fail. Two years ago, the Dolphins loaded up in free agency adding a bunch of big names and didn't go anywhere. A few years back the Bills got the #1 free agent in Mario Williams. Four or five years ago, the Jets loaded up and overpaid for a bunch of free agents.

Maybe this time, one or more of the teams may be successful at it. But so far this offseason seems pretty business as usual and what the division foes do every three or four years and then dig themselves out of the hole they built by going all in.

Say what u want but that d line will be nasty. We have the 4th best d line in the division. Off course the QB and coaching is what we have a big advantage over. Idk why we cant put together a decent dline. It has been years.

Damn. Winning Super Bowls just sucks.........

That being said, if there was no such thing as a salary cap, I'm sure Belichick would put together a very "decent" DL.

Damn. Winning Super Bowls just sucks.........

That being said, if there was no such thing as a salary cap, I'm sure Belichick would put together a very "decent" DL.

Umm no. Its nice to have guys that can get an interior rush. I hope easley can be that but I am not holding my breath lol. BB over the years hasnt put as much effort on the d line. More on the secondary and offensive players.

BB over the years hasnt put as much effort on the d line. More on the secondary and offensive players.

Wow. That's not how I would characterize BB's prioritization of the d-line. Just the opposite. He's invested a lot of first round draft capital in the d-line over the years.

Umm no. Its nice to have guys that can get an interior rush. I hope easley can be that but I am not holding my breath lol. BB over the years hasnt put as much effort on the d line. More on the secondary and offensive players.

Ya and the Patriots LB corps f'n sucks. Oh wait with Mayo it is the best in the league. Hell without Mayo it was one of the best.

is it me, or is Suh not as good as everyone thinks? People act like he's reggie white....

So miami getting suh is a bad move now?

They would be better of they did nothing..

interesting

Well if the Dolphins goal is to have Suh injure our offensive players one by one after the whistle with clear intent to injure then it's not a bad move for them I suppose...

I'm not happy he's in our division. What a dirty scumbag. I hope him and Incognito go at it and hurt each other and get injured and suspended for an entire season. Don't need either of those scumbags in the league.

Wow. That's not how I would characterize BB's prioritization of the d-line. Just the opposite. He's invested a lot of first round draft capital in the d-line over the years.

Who? Chandler a couple of years ago and then easley last year. The problem here is the lack of talent upfront. Chandler needs to learn a couple of pass rushing moves.

Suh is a very good player...he is NOT $20mil good. He just can't effect enough plays like a QB can whom are the only ones who should get that kind of money.

So miami getting suh is a bad move now?

They would be better of they did nothing..

interesting
Why would not getting Suh mean that they had to do nothing? Nice strawman you've got there.

I wouldn't care about this move except for Suh's high school D-Line coach...

Suh & McCoy now have high risk contracts. Can't blame the Phins or Bills; they must believe the window has opened for them.
Nonetheless, both contracts smell like the Redskins and their philosophy. Too much guaranteed money and a below average supporting cast. This happens every year and the results are always the same.

Suh signed this contract without wearin a mask (See A-Rod) He's a beast at what he does but Brady's game will off set Suh's play. Dink & Dunks Hurry Up No Huddle will negate most of his aggresion plus he's good for some docked pay or suspension on any givin play/game.

Who? Chandler a couple of years ago and then easley last year. The problem here is the lack of talent upfront. Chandler needs to learn a couple of pass rushing moves.
DLmen BB has used first round picks on: Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Jones, Easley. 5 picks. In BBs tenure, besides DL, he's used 2 first rounders on LB, 2 on OL, 2 on DB, 1 on RB and 1 on TE.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back