PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Dobson get cut when LaFell returns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 14 seconds and they were out of time outs. They weren't running the ball. That's stupid.
Agreed, but, unless I misunderstood, that (wasting time) was YOUR initial theory. Not mine.
See bold in my quote of you.

I gave my 3 thoughts below the counterpoint

He looks like Manny in left field tracking fly balls.
More like Hanley. Manny actually caught a bunch of balls, even though it usually wasn't pretty.

Has Slater ever caught a deep ball?

Yes, one time.

That one catch must have made a big impression on McDaniels and Belichick. Either that, or Jake Bequette passed Slater those nude pics of Belichick's girlfriend before he was released.

You'd think that maybe we could try and use it a few times a season just to make the opposition prepare for the possibility, while also having some other variation of the play at the helm for that so called "perfect" occassion like the divisional round game when they busted out the Edelman double pass, but I'm skeptical as to whether or not anyone actually concerns themselves with this.

In BB we trust ;)

Well lets see how he practices this week if he's Inactive again then the writing is definitely on the wall. How could you lose snaps to a Guy that just joined the Team unreal! I keep telling mysef that Dobson is not Big for nothing! 6'3 coupled with Good speed should not be struggling at this point in time.

I get where you're coming from, but the whole size and speed thing is a bit overrated. If it were only that easy, every single guy over 6'2" or 6'3" with some speed would be an all-pro NFL wideout. Unfortunately, it take a whole lot more than just good measurables to make it, especially in this offense.

I'm guessing that Belichick would prefer a guy with Edelman's size who is able to work hard and show progress with his assignments and knowledge of the playbook. That said, it's a damn shame that we continue to whiff on these bigger bodied WR projects, because we sure could use one.

Agreed, but, unless I misunderstood, that (wasting time) was YOUR initial theory. Not mine.
See bold in my quote of you.

I gave my 3 thoughts below the counterpoint
Well, the situation was 14 seconds, no time out, and in field goal range. So they didn't want to kick the field goal with 14 seconds and give Dallas a shot at a couple passes before the half.

A run would have prevented a field goal because the clock won't stop. They wanted to burn 10 seconds. They don't want to complete a pass unless it's a TD because time will run out. So they need a pass that either scores, or falls incomplete. I don't have an issue with that, Slater seems perfect for it. Then they kicked the field goal.

Well, the situation was 14 seconds, no time out, and in field goal range. So they didn't want to kick the field goal with 14 seconds and give Dallas a shot at a couple passes before the half.

A run would have prevented a field goal because the clock won't stop. They wanted to burn 10 seconds. They don't want to complete a pass unless it's a TD because time will run out. So they need a pass that either scores, or falls incomplete. I don't have an issue with that, Slater seems perfect for it. Then they kicked the field goal.

Yes, as ugly as it looks, it was proper situational football, and the decision to put Slater out there is obviously based on speed and our lack of a deep threat. I would imagine that they'd make this decision just about every time, at least under those specific circumstances.

I'm still not really on board with calling that play with so much time remaining, and I am absolutely,
100% Not on board with calling that play with that particular "receiver"(snicker).
Keyshawn Martin should've ran that route. That play would've had the same chance of success had
it been attempted by me as it did being attempted by Slater.

I'm still not really on board with calling that play with so much time remaining, and I am absolutely,
100% Not on board with calling that play with that particular "receiver"(snicker).
Keyshawn Martin should've ran that route. That play would've had the same chance of success had
it been attempted by me as it did being attempted by Slater.

Slater is taller, and faster, than Martin.

Can Dobson play DB?

No reasonable person should have any issue with Slater getting that target instead of Martin.

I love that you offer a different perspective from most people here, as I'm sure you know, but when you post things like you're posting in this thread, it comes off as contrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back