PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Brady break Kosar's record for attempts without a INT?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Does Brady reach 309 attempts without an INT?

• Yes

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 24 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope he tosses a couple before the playoffs.

Woodson will have a pick tomorrow night...it's his way of getting even for the tuck rule :cool:

I think he will, he is firing on all cylinders at the moment and if we get by Green Bay there aren't any ball-hawking defenses left.

And BTW, his last INT was at the end of the SECOND half of the Baltimore game, right before overtime.

is the 308 over 2 seasons cause every game when they have talked about it the muber has always been in the 200s like 283 or something like that

What I´d like to know is who threw the most completions before getting intercepted? Basically discounting the attempts that were incomplete and only looking for complete passes?

I predict that Sanchez will enter the record book for the most consecutive interceptions without a completion.

Grasshopper a great man once sayeth, "Stats are for losers, final score is for winners"

It is a nice record if he gets it, but if not.. no biggie.

Ah thanks for the correction. I guess I was hoping it was the end of the 1st half so I could fantasize that there could have been more INT-less attempts if not for that Hail Mary...

It's better for your fantasy that is was the 4th not the second as you can look at it and see all his passes in the second half too if it was in the first they would be in the numbers.

Regardless I don't give a poo if he gets the record or not if he throws a pick and we win no harm is caused.

He can do it during this game. So yeah the streak is definitely Brady's for the taking. He is playing the best ball of his life recently so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he he does it.

Woodson will have a pick tomorrow night...it's his way of getting even for the tuck rule :cool:

How funny would it be if the pats won on the tuck rule again, or if flynn fumbled the ball to lose the game and they don't call it.

Lol just as I feared he didnt throw enough against the Packers... one more chance next week! But for what it is worth Brady does now own the record for consecutive attempts without an INT in a single season. Which means Kosars record was apparently set between the 1990 and 1991 seasons.

Oh and I guess I didnt jinx him due to the fact that defenders continue to drop easy picks thrown at their hands, almost like he is destined to break this record. :rocker:

Kosar's career interception percentage is lower than Peyton Manning's. His getting the longest streak is not "bogus". It's a product of a man who was careful with the football.

Well Deus, there's a lot of ways I can counter your analysis.

Lets try this first:

Who would you rather have all else being equal:

(A) Player X who has a 2% int rate over 200 throws, with picks in throws number 1 and 180, 185 200.

(B) Player Y who has a 1% int rate over 200 throws, with picks in throw #100 and #200.

Sounds like you think player A is more accomplished since his streak of 180 passes is 44% longer than Player B.

Clearly the int rate, the TD/int and various other metrics are way more important than the actual sequence that the numbers are accumulated.

Brady is the best in this analysis, between 2010 and 2007, probably the 2 best seasons ever, which is amazing. But the actual streak does not factor into this statement whatsoever.

In less of an analytical light and more of an intuitive one, think about how Brady's streak started. After a hail mary - hardly a reflection of TB12 acumen at the position.

Conversely, Urlacher and Woodson have both dropped sure INTs in the last 50 of his passes, a clear reflection that TB12 actually made a few questionable throws in my option.

The streak is bogus. The mere fact that nobody here (dont dare lie) even knew who held the record before this season is an accurate reflection on its relevance.

If every Team's DB's keeps wearing gloves made of Flubber than yes.

1. Bernie Kosar (308) [1990-1991]
2. Bart Starr (294) [1964-1965]
3. Tom Brady (292) [2010]

17 more attempts without an interception today and Brady will have the record.

Last edited:
I hope Brady has a huge day today, want him to put an end to the MVP discussion.

The bad Hail Mary luck is trumped by the good Bears-drops luck. The streak is what it is.

I think this shows one of the reasons. Tom throws so hard. Every pass under 20 yards is a bullet. With no bombs to Randy the easier passes to catch speed wise are gone.

Sure, this streak needs a lot of luck as we have all seen, but it still also requires good throws and good judgment. While I don't really much care about it, I want Brady to get it. If nothing else, it means we have had less turnovers and thus a better chance to win games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft