PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dobson's 2nd year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though it didn't show...donson beat his man 1 on 1 A LOT this year if you look at the games. Seems to get a step on a lot of CBs. Him and brady never connected really however

Even though it didn't show...donson beat his man 1 on 1 A LOT this year if you look at the games. Seems to get a step on a lot of CBs. Him and brady never connected really however

I wouldn't be surprised if Dobson has a phenomenal year with Tom. He will have 1 year of valuable reps with Tom, that should pay off come next year and the years to come.

I don't know why everyone is so high on Boyce. What did he do this year? Is he blazing fast? Yes. But that's about it. His hands are extremely mediocre. That's been his achilles heel.

I hope he turns out but hands are a must.

I don't know why everyone is so high on Boyce. What did he do this year? Is he blazing fast? Yes. But that's about it. His hands are extremely mediocre. That's been his achilles heel.

I hope he turns out but hands are a must.

There was one game he came in and just had ridiculous YAC moves. I can't recall which it was but it gave me some hope.

Alot of guys can catch the ball on screen passes and make guys miss. Got to be able to go out there and get separation and make catches. Not saying he can't do it, but haven't seen him yet. Thompkins and Dobson have shown that ability.

Do I think Boyce can get open? Yes. But making catches is different.

Alot of guys can catch the ball on screen passes and make guys miss. Got to be able to go out there and get separation and make catches. Not saying he can't do it, but haven't seen him yet. Thompkins and Dobson have shown that ability.

Do I think Boyce can get open? Yes. But making catches is different.
Personally, I don't care if players make an 80 yard play with 80 yards after the catch or 20 yards after the catch. Making the play is the important component of the equation.

^ Of course. But it's easy to defend screen/bubble passes if you know that 90 percent of the time, that's what they're throwing to him. Those kinds of passes you use when the defense is playing a certain way, and they don't usually amount into huge plays.

You need WR's who can catch the ball. Hands are a big part of being a WR. Boyce's hands looked extremely shaky in the preseason and TC. Could just be he needs more experience.

It was Boyce's rookie year. it was supposed to be a redshirt year for him until Dobson/Thompkins got injured...he missed OTA's and alot of Training camp due to him having a broken foot if I recall.

everyone was calling Vereen a bust here when he didnt play his rookie year.

I guess everyone is technically fighting for a job but if you seriously think his job is in question, you are off your rocker. He is safe, but KT and Boyce are not.

Anyone who said Dobson/Boyce are fighting for their jobs is crazy....you don't invest a high pick in a player, they have a decent year and cut bait the following year....thompkins I could see as he is older/an undrafted rookie who may not improve that much.

I think too many people are putting stock that what we saw rookie year is what we are going to get going forward....when with most WR's and players in general improve their 2nd year. WR is one of the hardest positions to play in the NFL.

I mean, what did Vereen do his rookie year? absolutely nothing.

Dobson was one of the top prospects in the last draft that was very deep so he is a 2nd round pick that could have been 1st round any other year.

In an ideal scenario he would sit this year, but with no options on the offense they were throw into the fire and it was obvious that they would struggle a lot.

I have high expectations for him but I have a little concern with his ability to be healthy for 16+ games. He didn't get too much lights in the training camp due to injury, missed the 1st game of the season and was really banged up in the end of the season.

I do hope we get another quality receiver via draft of FA though , I don't think Thompkins will pan out.

I guess everyone is technically fighting for a job but if you seriously think his job is in question, you are off your rocker. He is safe, but KT and Boyce are not.

I think Boyce showed enough in the brief period where he was healthy and needed that he's safe. Even guys like Bequette get a second year, so there's no doubt in my mind that Boyce will, and I wouldn't be shocked if he's WR3 to open the season (WR4 is more likely).

Dobson was a second round pick. He's not going anywhere. Boyce, on the other hand, was a fourth round pick who showed pretty much nothing.

He could stay. He could be cut tomorrow. Neither should surprise anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes