Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Maroney rush for 100 yards each vs Jets and Dolphins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on him, he did as expected, gained 100 yards against the #30 ranked rushing defense. Credit has been given.

Of course you were nowhere to be found predicting Maroney would accomplish the feat BEFORE the game. But now that the deed is safely done you come to gloat in this thread as if you had predicted it. *golf clap* Well done! So impressive!! :rolleyes:

Yup, knew it. No credit given whatsoever.

Nothing he does is good for you people. :rolleyes:

and the award for backhanded compliment of the year

Good on him, he did as expected, gained 100 yards against the #30 ranked rushing defense. Credit has been given.

Of course you were nowhere to be found predicting Maroney would accomplish the feat BEFORE the game. But now that the deed is safely done you come to gloat in this thread as if you had predicted it. *golf clap* Well done! So impressive!! :rolleyes:

Wait, what was that? The stats don't help the Maroney whiner line? :rolleyes:

I was no where to be found because I do not reply to stupid threads with posters who know nothing.

Eugene Wilson sucks: pick, TD, fumble rec.

Seymour sucks: monster game

Maroney is a bust: 100-yard game

Brandon Meriweather is a bust: solid coverage on the day

Where is the whiner line? C'mon!

VJC can't admit that he was wrong so he's going to continue to act like Maroney sucks. I'm not even going to bother replying to his, NSA's or anyone else's stupidity anymore. Those who want to keep bashing Maroney, while the Pats are undefeated and marching towards perfection, are missing out on a great season that you should be celebrating. Have fun with your negativity. :) I love this team.

YOU DIDNT EXPECT IT. Quit saying he did what was expected. YOU VOTED NO on this damn poll. Seriously, is there something wrong with you??

Rushing against the jets:

Maroney: 20 for 72 yards (11 long)
Mcgahee: 26 for 97 yards (9 long)
R. Brown: 23 for 112 yards (13 long)
Lynch: 23 for 79 yards (11 long)
Jacobs: 29 for 100 yards (19 long)
Westbrook: 20 for 120 yards (22 long)
Watson: 31 for 130 yards (12 long)
Lynch: 21 for 80 yards (10 long)
Portis: 36 for 196 yards (32 long)
Parker: 21 for 52 yards (14 long)
Barber: 18 for 103 yards (20 long)
Chatman: 11 for 26 yards (8 long)
Lewis: 21 for 118 yards (31 long)
Maroney: 26 for 104 yards (11 long)

Since you love the total yardage stat so damn much, out of the Jets 12 games against other teams, 4 running backs (out of the 12 teams) rushed for more than Maroney did today. The jets have allowed now 7 100+ rushers in 14 games. It has been said that Maroney is BELOW AVERAGE NFL RUNNING BACK. All the theories and bashing is just STUPID. No one has said maroney is the best rb in the nfl. He is a GOOD RB with lots of talent. There are various reasons he hasn't been used a lot this season and none of them are because he isn't capable! Go make a poll on whether Brady should be traded since he didn't throw a TD today.

YOU DIDNT EXPECT IT. Quit saying he did what was expected. YOU VOTED NO on this damn poll. Seriously, is there something wrong with you??

Rushing against the jets:

Maroney: 20 for 72 yards (11 long)
Mcgahee: 26 for 97 yards (9 long)
R. Brown: 23 for 112 yards (13 long)
Lynch: 23 for 79 yards (11 long)
Jacobs: 29 for 100 yards (19 long)
Westbrook: 20 for 120 yards (22 long)
Watson: 31 for 130 yards (12 long)
Lynch: 21 for 80 yards (10 long)
Portis: 36 for 196 yards (32 long)
Parker: 21 for 52 yards (14 long)
Barber: 18 for 103 yards (20 long)
Chatman: 11 for 26 yards (8 long)
Lewis: 21 for 118 yards (31 long)
Maroney: 26 for 104 yards (11 long)

Since you love the total yardage stat so damn much, out of the Jets 12 games against other teams, 4 running backs (out of the 12 teams) rushed for more than Maroney did today. The jets have allowed now 7 100+ rushers in 14 games. It has been said that Maroney is BELOW AVERAGE NFL RUNNING BACK. All the theories and bashing is just STUPID. No one has said maroney is the best rb in the nfl. He is a GOOD RB with lots of talent. There are various reasons he hasn't been used a lot this season and none of them are because he isn't capable! Go make a poll on whether Brady should be traded since he didn't throw a TD today.

You're absolutely correct, but the responses of the NSA crowd have proven that no matter what you can say or show them to prove them wrong, they'll keep posting the same nonsense. You're just wasting your time:

Pissing-into-the-windW.jpg

Maroney ran well. 26 carries for 104 yards is not earth shaterring against the league's #30 ranked defense, but it was solid running. However, it still does not change my impression that the kid is simply an average running back. He didn't do anything special or out of the ordinary today. Good game. Let's see what the kid does in the playoffs if we need him against a GOOD defense.

Maroney ran well. 26 carries for 104 yards is not earth shaterring against the league's #30 ranked defense, but it was solid running. However, it still does not change my impression that the kid is simply an average running back. He didn't do anything special or out of the ordinary today. Good game. Let's see what the kid does in the playoffs if we need him against a GOOD defense.

Who on offense had a better day than Maroney? Those were awful conditions and he had a good day when everyone else had a subpar game.

Plus you already said that Maroney wasn't going to get 100 yards combined in the Jets and Phins game. So clearly it was earth shaterring compared to the garbage that you've been spewing. Come on you booked it that he wouldn't get 100 yards over 2 games. :bricks:

Who on offense had a better day than Maroney? Those were awful conditions and he had a good day when everyone else had a subpar game.

Plus you already said that Maroney wasn't going to get 100 yards combined in the Jets and Phins game. So clearly it was earth shaterring compared to the garbage that you've been spewing. Come on you booked it that he wouldn't get 100 yards over 2 games. :bricks:

Owned? I was wrong in my view that the kid didn't have what it takes to get 100 yards even against a pitiful defense like the Jets. So, ya, I was wrong on THAT. However, should we really be doing cartwheels because our 1st Rd pick from last year had a workmanlike and not spectacular 26 carries, 104 yards, 1 TD game against the hapless Jets? I mean, I give the kid his due for a "good" game, but what else do you want me to say? Sorry, but a lot of running backs could have done what Maroney did today. That's not to take anything away from a "solid" performance by Maroney, but it was against the Jets and it's not like he DOMINATED or was running wild out there. Sorry, but he did his job. Nothing more, nothing less. Why should we go overboard when a kid does his job? It's not like he did overtime or anything. 26 carries, 104 yards. Solid. Let's see it against a GOOD DEFENSE.

Owned? I was wrong in my view that the kid didn't have what it takes to get 100 yards even against a pitiful defense like the Jets. So, ya, I was wrong on THAT. However, should we really be doing cartwheels because our 1st Rd pick from last year had a workmanlike and not spectacular 26 carries, 104 yards, 1 TD game against the hapless Jets? I mean, I give the kid his due for a "good" game, but what else do you want me to say? Sorry, but a lot of running backs could have done what Maroney did today. That's not to take anything away from a "solid" performance by Maroney, but it was against the Jets and it's not like he DOMINATED or was running wild out there. Sorry, but he did his job. Nothing more, nothing less. Why should we go overboard when a kid does his job? It's not like he did overtime or anything. 26 carries, 104 yards. Solid. Let's see it against a GOOD DEFENSE.

No you got owned because you made the stupid "book it" prediction that Maroney wouldn't have 100 yards combined in the next two games and he did in the first game alone. It was just another one of the many stupid comments that you make that aren't realistic and show how much you have no clue what your talking about. The fact that you made the statement in the first place was dumb but you just continue to comound it.

And only 4 of the other 12 teams to play the jets had a RB with more yards than maroney.... below average, simply average, blah blah. Face the facts, you are wrong about him. he isnt' perfect, and he isn't the best rb in the NFL. He is a talented, young, strong, fast RB who is USEFUL to the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS. We won't have an Adrian Peterson type running back or running game ever so get that out of your head already.

GET OVER IT

This poll is for the purpose of determining who among Patriots Nation think or believe that Maroney will rush for at least 100 yards each vs the worst run defenses in the NFL, the 3-10 NY Jets (#30), and the 0-13 Dolphins (#32).
You may want to put Donte Stallworth on the milk carton instead.

LMFAO he did his job. Are you alive? Have you watched the Patriots? That's the point of every position on this entire f'ing team since BB got here. JUST DO YOUR JOB. Maybe you expected Maroney to be some freaking Barry Sanders clone or something. Logical fans didn't expect that and still don't expect that. He is a good RB who consistently gets 4 yards per carry. He has his flaws like everyone but he does his f'ing job and it helps the Patriots. PERIOD

BTW Maroney is getting stronger just in time for the playoffs since he's been rested while Addai is running out of steam. The last couple of games have been awful for him and I'm sure he has a horrible YPC average the past couple of gmaes that VJC can calculate.

BB rested Maroney early in the season knowing that the Pats would need him during the cold weather in the playoffs.

Yeah but, it dosent look like bad elements will be there. I fully expect Bill to surpass the TD mark. We want Maroney when it's crappy.

This thread deserves another bump.
Bump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft