PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do We Need More Than 11 OL's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer the OP's initial question -

You NEED 10 healthy OL every day in order to get through practice (5 for the offense and 5 for the scout team).

You also NEED 7 healthy OL to be active on game day (I suppose you could get by with 6 if your OL were very flexible and you liked living dangerously.)

Other than that, you don't NEED anything. It doesn't really matter whether OL 8-10 are on your 53 man roster or PS. However, OL is the type of position you can develop. So I would want (as opposed to need) all the guys we drafted who don't make the 53 (Larsen, Welch, Bussey, Ohrenberger, etc) to be on the PS.

So I can easily see this type of arrangement:

53 - 5 current starters, Levoir, Wendell, Kaczur, Ojakajima (whatever his name is).

PS - Bussey, Welch, Ohrenberger, Larsen.

That's 13 OL and I don't think it would be too much.
Consider it again with the knowledge that there are 8 PSquad assignments which have to be shared with the other positions on the team - perhaps 4 PSquad O-linemen is a bit excessive.

Consider it again with the knowledge that there are 8 PSquad assignments which have to be shared with the other positions on the team - perhaps 4 PSquad O-linemen is a bit excessive.

I'm aware of the 8 man PS squad limit. I could see some PS spots being needed in cases where injuries at a particular position might require PS players to fill the scout team in practice. But from a purely developmental perspective, I don't see 5 players more worthy of a PS spot.

I'm aware of the 8 man PS squad limit. I could see some PS spots being needed in cases where injuries at a particular position might require PS players to fill the scout team in practice. But from a purely developmental perspective, I don't see 5 players more worthy of a PS spot.
I think there has been a brief period or two where NE has kept 3 OL on the Squad, brief is the key word there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back