PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we need a better OL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Seeing what the Seahawks have done this year, with Hasselbeck having tons and tons of time to throw, and him having a great year because of it, and Alexander (who I don't even think is that great) having an amazing year, do you think we need a better OL? Theoretically, we could be absolutely dominating on offense with Brady and whatever RB we stick behind the new revamped OL.

Absolutely we do. Starting with RT and probably RG. Kaczur may be good enough for one of those spots. Neal looks like he's probably peaked. Light, Mankins, Koppen should be OK on the left side. We have a sure fire HOF QB who's 28 years old, only a fool wouldn't invest in him.

C'mon, fellas, goose that short-term memory!

We've just been thru this topic EXHAUSTIVELY.

In case u missed it ... i don't recall ANYONE among the dozens of posters ... who didn't subscribe ... not merely to the idea of "a better OL" ... but we all hope to draft and pay for for a dominant OL.

drew4008 said:
and Alexander (who I don't even think is that great) having an amazing year, do you think we need a better OL?

Heh, you remind me of my dad, every time somebody mentions 'Alexander' and 'MVP' he gets so pissed, cause as far as he's concerned RBs are a dime a dozen so long as you have a great O-line. That might be taking it a bit far, but I think he does have a point.

CheerforTom said:
Heh, you remind me of my dad, every time somebody mentions 'Alexander' and 'MVP' he gets so pissed, cause as far as he's concerned RBs are a dime a dozen so long as you have a great O-line. That might be taking it a bit far, but I think he does have a point.

Think Denver might be an example of that point?

JR4 said:
Think Denver might be an example of that point?

Funny, that's exactly what he always says.

And yes, I do. Even my friend the Bronco fan admits that (their RBs are nothing special).

Do we need a better O-Line????

Only if we value TB's health next year!

You know I'm down. Check my sig. :rocker:

I think Dante has done an outstanding job to have done what he has done, but the o line is something that continually needs improving. I do not know the average length of their career, but would not surprise me if it is shorter than most positions. Seems that when we put in a lot of these developing players they are not completely able to do the job. Individually one may not make a difference, however when we are using 2 or 3 it becomes significant.

CheerforTom said:
Funny, that's exactly what he always says.

And yes, I do. Even my friend the Bronco fan admits that (their RBs are nothing special).

BB doesn't exactly have the midas touch for selecting Olinemen then (if you're basing the running game on the Oline). Our running game this year was terrible (injuries shouldn't be the scapegoat either...there is such a thing called substitutions). Last year it was unusually good.

We don't need a better O-line, we need a healthier O-line. Light/Mankins/Koppen/Neal/Kaczur is one of the games top units, when healthy. I'd like to see us address the line in the draft, maybe a guy like Pitt's Charles Spencer, a raw but tremendously athletic guy, 330 lbs., with the ability to play RG, RT and DE(!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News