PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Ravens scare you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baltimore seems to feast when they play a 2d or 3d place schedule, not so much when they play a first place one, especially after r Lewis retired...but yes I'm worried about anyone now that this team has regressed to an alex Smith type super conservative offense sans 87
You realized when BB spent 10 minutes opening his presser talking about their punter what they thought of the rams ? Why do anything exotic and open up the playbook when you donthave to. Would they have liked to score more TD's yes ? Would they want more chunk plays, ? yes. Will they have issues with chunk plays without gronk ? maybe. Does moving the ball dink and dunk bad ? No.

Pats ran 45 offensive plays in the 1s half.When your offense cant stay on the field, the defense folds eventually.

Yeah I don't disagree with that.. I'm sure that is a contributing factor to the reason why they have had so many bad games defensively this year, but regardless, you can put up points on them. Many teams have.

Yeah I don't disagree with that.. I'm sure that is a contributing factor to the reason why they have had so many bad games defensively this year, but regardless, you can put up points on them. Many teams have.

And a lot of teams havent

New orleans had to open up the playbook and try all kind of trick plays to humiliate greg williams. And they gave up 14 pts and were down before they did anything. Blowouts dont happen in the nfl that much as you think.

New orleans had to open up the playbook and try all kind of trick plays to humiliate greg williams. And they gave up 14 pts and were down before they did anything. Blowouts dont happen in the nfl that much as you think.

And to add to what you said. they gave up 30 to the bills in a game where the bills got a pick 6 and 32 in a game where the bucs got a pick 6. Lost 17-10 to the Giants, threw a pick 6 in that game. They have no passing attack, can't run. They gave up a total of 50 points in 4 games before they played the saints.

The homers will say there is nothing to worry about. The skeptics will be worried, the inbetween will have concerns but will probably favor us to win at home.
Exactly

So the patriots losing one game is your argument?
I was not talking about the game per se I was talking about the rhetoric on this site. My "argument" as you call it is that this game will be very close. I am sorry if that runs contrary to the conventional wisdom or ruffles a few feathers here. Our team is beatable.

Last edited:
The Ravens (and Flacco) are respectable year after year. However, that really only applies in, and if they make it into, the postseason.

Last edited:
To the OP....Yep

Smith Jr and Suggs are the guys that worry me most.

Sure. They're good, they always play us tough, and they match up reasonably well against us.

We should win, because we're significantly better than they are, but it's not anything close to a layup. I could easily see us dropping this one.

Not sure I get your point there. New Orleans sucks this year.

Man as a fan I want this win so badly. We win this one handily and I know our team can beat anyone. Big game here. Big game for the teams confidence.

Go pats!

They will lose if they played the same way on offense as they did against the rams. They need to be more efficient and finish off drives. Alot of short stuff. I expect the ravens to try and take all the short stuff away.

While I'm not complaining about our offensive performance today, you can't call LA a good defense.. they are bad.

They are one of the best defenses in the league. Their offense does them no favors. They've had one bad week and that was last week vs NO's. But Brees and co had some extra motivation for that game.

I see no reason to look past the Ravens now, or any time we play them.

They're certainly not the kind of team that keeps opposing coaches up at night, but they are always a tough out with their hard-nosed defense.

They are one of the best defenses in the league. Their offense does them no favors. They've had one bad week and that was last week vs NO's. But Brees and co had some extra motivation for that game.

Well I'm not surprised a Patriot homer considers a team who has given up 30+ several times to have a good defense lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes