PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Ravens scare you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then so does every other team that isn't the Rams. But it isn't "sexy" to use other teams because there aren't other examples of close games. So they use the Ravens as sort of an Exorcist type team for some reason. You can make a case the Seahawks "aren't scared" to play the Pats either, but you don't hear that enough.
Its the media. They are always looking for angle. No team is afraid to play any team anywhere. Some teams just have much better chances. For the most part the Patriots are all but unbeatable at home. Its rare that any team can win here, much less regularly. The Ravens have won here. So THE MEDIA sees it as less of a guaranteed win, so THE MEDIA needs to frame that angle so they say the Ravens aren't afraid of playing in NE.
Its really just a way of saying the media isn't overconfident that the Patriots can't lose, like they normally are because this team has won here before. Of course, laundry doesn't win games and there are very few players left from the last Raven team that won here, but somehow that escapes them too.

Wait? It's late, so forgive me, but are you suggesting that it's harder for us to go down to MIA in January than it would be earlier in the season? I realize that it's better for MIA to come here later, but if that means that we can avoid that stifling heat in Sept/Oct, I'll certainly take it.

Better for Miami to come to NE in December. I think NE can handle early season heat.

Its the media. They are always looking for angle. No team is afraid to play any team anywhere. Some teams just have much better chances. For the most part the Patriots are all but unbeatable at home. Its rare that any team can win here, much less regularly. The Ravens have won here. So THE MEDIA sees it as less of a guaranteed win, so THE MEDIA needs to frame that angle so they say the Ravens aren't afraid of playing in NE.
Its really just a way of saying the media isn't overconfident that the Patriots can't lose, like they normally are because this team has won here before. Of course, laundry doesn't win games and there are very few players left from the last Raven team that won here, but somehow that escapes them too.
Not that anybody's scared, but the Pats often seem to play horribly at Denver, and nothing seems to go right for the Texans when they come here. It's worth it to try and figure out why.

NO - They are nothing but mere scavengers who need to stay out of the road, if they want to grow old.

images-8.jpeg

How could we not be scared of the Ravens. They're ugly with a capital U

Suggs.jpg

Not at all; but there can be NONE of this Monday night!

I couldn't agree with you more: nothing could possibly be better than NONE of Trollin' Volin on Monday night - or, any other night, for that matter...

Current weather forecast is freezing with some possible snow/sleet. Tough, physical, smash-mouth game coming up! IMO this is just what the Pats need! Go Pats!

The Ravens always play the Patriots tough, they are a dangerous team and should be respected for that reason.
Every team tries to play the Patriots tough, you just dont see it normaly because the Pats are so good.

The Patriots could and have lost to any team, so I have a healthy fear of them losing to any team in the NFL.

No, they could have never lost to the Rams...

Every team tries to play the Patriots tough, you just dont see it normaly because the Pats are so good.

No, they could have never lost to the Rams...

I remember thinking that about the terrible Eagles last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back