PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Division Rivals faceoff. Phins vs. Bills -- Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice blocking fishies.

Brownfan80 said:
For some reason I'm thinking 12?

good call. I just looked it up and it is 12. Its been done 4 times and the last time was 1985 by Dallas against Houston

Bella*chick said:
That Chad Johnson second TD was really something else. THe Bengals are a scary, scary team.

Yeah they are one to watch. The AFC teams that as of know I think are a threat are the Colts, Steelers, and Bengals.

Schobel has to be the best DE no one talks about. Week in and week out he's in the backfield getting to the QB and he's not horrible against the run, either.

The Eagles are looking pretty good. McNabb finally has a good WR that wont destroy the locker room.

FSUPatsFan said:
good call. I just looked it up and it is 12. Its been done 4 times and the last time was 1985 by Dallas against Houston

I had no idea which teams it would be, but I was pretty sure on the number. 85? Well the Bills have a shot at it today, judging by the time left and the number already tallied. Wow.

zippo59 said:
Yeah they are one to watch. The AFC teams that as of know I think are a threat are the Colts, Steelers, and Bengals.
Bengals are running over the Browns, but they are also playing very sloppy, hope the Pats tighten up their game before they do.

wow close on that last pass. Hit Evans on the fingertips.

This is one ugly game.

How was that not a fumble?

EDIT: Ah, forward progress protecting the QB. Gotcha.

EDIT EDIT: After seeing the replay that's rediculous. That was a fumble, clear as day. Horrible call once again by the officials. And it was called by the guy BEHIND Losman that couldn't even see the ball. Pathetic. The NFL needs to do something about the zebras. Horrid.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the new rule is that even after the whistle is blown, a questionable "fumble" can be challenged. So why are players stopping at the whistle and not picking up the loose ball.

This rule really is just stupid. What do you do when no one picks the ball up except the ref, and it really is a fumble? I'm a little confused

That was the fumbliest fumble that ever fumbled. Good grief.

i understand the explanation on why they ended that play early, but man i am glad i am not a phins fan. I would be so pissed.

The whistle was blown because forward progress had been stopped. It was to protect the QB.

Man, Grossman and the Bears are making me wish I had picked up Bernard Berrian to be my 4th receiver in my fantasy league. 2 weeks, two touchdowns, and it seems like they have some sort of connection going.

Also, so much for the Lions guarantee of victory.

desi-patsfan said:
wow close on that last pass. Hit Evans on the fingertips.
Nice play by the defender, just getting a piece of it to tip it just beyond Evans' reach.

desi-patsfan said:
i understand the explanation on why they ended that play early, but man i am glad i am not a phins fan. I would be so pissed.

They would be upset but none of their players even went after the fumled ball. In fact no one picked it up. Saban throws the challenge they could look it over with the new rule but no one ever recovered the fumble so it would still be Bills ball then.

zippo59 said:
The whistle was blown because forward progress had been stopped. It was to protect the QB.

That would make sense if Losman was being pushed back, but he was in the ACT OF BEING TACKLED!!! How in the hell can you stop a TACKLE halfway through to protect the QB? That's impossible. That was a horrible call. One more reason to hate the zebras, especially if you're a Dolphins fan. Wow.

Nice tackling Jills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes