PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis signed to two year, $2.6M (+ incentives) extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not meaning to nitpick, since we're basically in agreement that his pact was too pricey, but I'd hardly consider Shane Vereen "to be playing well" so far for the NYG.

He's kinda doing what he does though. He's on pace for 385 rushing yards (391 last year) and 488 receiving yards (447 in '14), so he's actually on pace for more combined yards this year than when he was with the Pats. The only difference is TDs, but he only had a couple of rushing & receiving TDs last year too, so it's not like he ever found the end zone much.

Again, we really are in agreement. He's a nice player to have, and he's adding what he adds--it's just not worth what the Giants are paying him.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the numbers but a flip side could be less players leaving = less cap money freeing up for extensions and new players.

We don't need cap money to sign extensions with Hightower or Chandler. Extensions to either or both would be mean a significant reduction in the 2016 cap. Of course, the team could sign pure extensions instead of re-writing the contracts in which case the cap would go up by the a portion of the signing bonus.

Who needs draft picks when you can sign FAs like Andrews and Lewis? Pats playing chess while Goodell is playing checkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back