Welcome to PatsFans.com

Did Ron Borges suffer a head injury?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JSn, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Or did another Ron Borges than one I hear about here write this article?

Last men standing: Patriots refuse to give in - BostonHerald.com

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2008
  2. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He's probably been given a gag order on writing anything stupid, or else he'll be canned.
  3. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Wow, I didn't even know he's with the Herald now. Doesn't look like he's with WEEI.com now either.
  4. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Ron has been in the outpatient version of the recovery program Felger is in. Last week he was starting to dabble with finger wagging vengence, thinking that with Rodney and all the RB on the shelf the inevitable end might at last be approaching, but the damn players took the wind out of his sails.

Ron could always write. He's just a victim of his own wrongheaded arrogant ego.

BTW I think pats1 was so stunned he forgot to tell you about the limits on posting copyright material...couple of sentences only - or so I've been told.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  5. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

I know the rules. It's the Herald. ;)
  6. MassPats38

MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

I cannot recall the whole Borges identity (frankly, I tuned him out after he wrote a couple of anti-Belichick pieces), but I thought he was anti-Belichick, not anti-Patriots. As I do not see any positive statements directed at the coaching, it would appear to be consistent with his history. Again, I try not to read his material.

Thanks, JSn. From the thread title I expected I would be reading an accident report involving Borges. My evening is now ruined.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  7. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

BB has taken Jags and made them DBs on the way to winning Super Bowls. He's taken a QB who hasn't started since high school and has him winning NFL games.....gotta give props to the coaching....
  8. MassPats38

MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

You should . . . unless you happen to be Ron Borges.
  9. kolbitr

kolbitr Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This is exactly correct. Borges likes following and writing about the Patriots, but he hates BB. You will note that neither the coach nor coaching is praised, written about, or even alluded to in these articles.

Borges also does not really like coaching in general...he believes in players making plays, period. So much really comes down to boxing analogies for him, as it is the sport he knows best. He is also a star-guy...meaning he prefers to focus on the Pro Bowlers. Like Seymour, with whom he has strangely cultivated a close relationship, despite his hating the pick when Seymour was drafted. I would not be surprised that Borges insinuated himself into his life following Seymour's well-publicized rift with BB years ago over the way he handled the events surrounding his father's funeral.
  10. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Just noticed your sig quote JSn, awesome. I really hope somebody brings it back up to that jackass and shoves his face in it, especially if we make the playoffs.
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +172 / 5 / -21

Do not take this too seriously, he might be positive right now, but when he is shunned by BB he will turn in a heartbeat.... Borges and Felger are the assclowns of Boston Media...
  12. Lloyd_Christmas

Lloyd_Christmas I can delete my own crap! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Good stuff MassPats... and I agree with your take on how this article doesn't violate his anti-BB agenda.

I refuse to visit the Herald to read the whole thing, but from just that excerpt, it seems like a very well written article. I've never said Borges wasn't talented, I just can't stand his anti-BB agenda and how most of his articles are dripping with it.

I think he also prescribes to the idea that if you aren't taking on the establishment (in this case, the Patriots coaches, FO, etc) then you aren't a REAL reporteer. I hate that mentality. There is a time for that, as there is a time for everything. Borges is not good at figuring out when those FEW times are that it is appropriate.

I wish he could separate his emotions from his writing and bury the agenda because I think he's pretty good otherwise.
  13. bresna

bresna PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Face it, Borges's fall out with BB came about because of Bill's decision to start Brady instead of Ron's buddy Drew. Now that Brady is out, Ron is happy. Next year, if/when Brady comes back, Ron will be right back to his "all hate" mode.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.