PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Pats media mishandle of Spygate bring out Moss today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Paul Perillo was on WEEI today and he had a slightly different version of how the Q & A session came to pass. Apparently after he made his statement he returned to the locker room. Media were in there milling around and leaving him be until they noticed he was doing a one on one with Karen Guregian. Apparently, while the rule is you do not interrupt one on ones out of professional courtesy, competitive jealousies got the better of them and some of them demanded equal access. That led to the impromptu Q & A.

That is all right...when the doors to the locker room first opened, he called over folks for a statement. After that dispersed, he was approached by a camera crew who asked him about his beard. Then Karen approached him, and Paul is right, some people (I suspect I know who it was) don't respect a one-on-one and next thing you know, he was swarmed again and was answering questions.

Shmessy - I listened to that mess on the EEI website this afternoon. It was some of the most painful listening on that station in quite some time and it didn't seem like she added anything to the story.

In my opinion, this situation is really fishy. I haven't seen the entire affidavit -- I paid for the full court report on the Broward County Clerk's site, but there was no real information there. There's wasn't even a date given for when the alleged incident occurred. And the document shown on the radio station's website doesn't have any information on it that anyone with internet access couldn't get.

As I said before, if he had truly been physical with her, and especially since it was in Florida, there is no way this would simply be a restraining order.

Shalise--

First off--as always, job well done. :rocker:

Second--too bad you wasted someone's money on that; a poster here already coughed up the bucks last night on the first thread to find out the exact same thing. :) / :(

Shalise,

Thanks for existing, there's so few NE sports writers that don't shove their assumptions at me like they are facts. When I read your stuff, I learn something and don't have to deal with having your position on it shoved down my throat.

Thanks one and all for your kind words...now if only I can convince them to give me a quarter per click on our Pats pages (they tell me the web site traffic has gone up significantly in the past year), everything would be lovely! ;)

smy

Who cares WHAT Randy Moss does off the field?

Or any athlete, for that matter.

I think fans get entirely too caught up in which actress or supermodel Tom Brady is fathering kids with or which hooker Dave Meggett and his girlfriend are raping or which strip club Ben Coates is racing home from in Providence or which chick Randy Moss did or didn't slap or how Irving Fryar cut his hand or whether Shelby Jordan did cocaine with members of the Federal Hill mob.

Let's keep in mind, these are just guys. And young guys, at that. Young, dumb and full of some.

Guys who make a lot of money, so that makes them targets. Guys who are sometiimes prone and vulnerable to stupid decisions because the money makes them think they have some level of power or invincability.

But, ultimately, I don't really care what they do off the field.

I am a fan. I pay and root to see performance on the field.

Show up on Sunday and kick a s s. That's all I care about.

Do I know what every person at my job does on the weekends or at night when they go home? I am sure some of them do drugs or drink too much or slap their women around or act out in some other way.

That's none of my business. I am not an arbiter of anyone's behavior but my own.

Just move on from this drama and concentrate on football, which in the final analysis, is all Randy Moss matters to us fans for anyway!

Last edited:
Yes, this is like the opposite of how the Pats PR usually works. It seems like the media thought Randy did a good job though, or are at least giving him the benefit of the doubt. You were right there, did he seem believable? Why?

Somewhat surprisingly even in New York they're giving him the benefit of doubt. This from Mark Cannizzaro in today's Post.

Though something like this is what the world expected to surface at some point once Moss was signed by New England based on his checkered past (the “I told you so" people are surely lining up in the streets), it's important that we show we learned something from the tragic Sean Taylor death and display some restraint in our judgment.

Too many people, including this author, irresponsibly rushed to judgment about Taylor's death, automatically figuring someone from his sordid past caught up to him. In the end, when the facts became public, we found out the reality was quite different from the perception.

More patience before judgment should be afforded to Moss in this situation despite his questionable past.

That's certainly the way the Patriots are handling it - with a blind eye until the facts come out ... and after they've won their fourth Super Bowl in seven years.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01172008/sports/focused_group_42353.htm?page=2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes