PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Harrison help or hurt defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not emotional, just appreciative of his instincts, and football awareness. It puts him, in the right place, at the right time, more often than our less experienced players. It's the reason he's the one they want calling the coverage out there. It's his first game back, relax and enjoy!!!

I know that is what he brings. I just think PATS secondary defense has been
superb before Rodney came back. Now I have to question ... him in there
for all of the 4thQ and they give up big plays and 2 TDs.
Just coincidental?

Just coincidental?
I think one needs to look at the game films to see the coverages and what happened before sating who did what..and who was out of position OR what...I'm not going to speculate..and THAT is just what that is now..PURE speculation. I'm glad he's back and glad that there are now 4 safeties who can play. THAT is a good position to be in...and I would say it's NOT a bad idea to rotate some so all are fresh.

Last edited:
Has he lost a step? Is Sanders the better alternative.
Belichick didn't seem too pleased with the penalty.

DearGodPlsMakeItStop.jpg

I think one needs to look at the game films to see the coverages and what happened before sating who did what..and who was out of position OR what...I'm not going to speculate..and THAT is just what that is now..PURE speculation. I'm glad he's back and glad that there are now 4 safeties who can play. THAT is a good position to be in...and I would say it's NOT a bad idea to rotate some so all are fresh.

True but it does raise a possibility to consider.

True but it does raise a possibility to consider.
yes..but it's something for the team and the coaches to look at..at make adjustments to..It's certainly possible...but beyond saying it's possible..unless you are looking at it all with a wide view of the field, it's just speculation. What other changes were made in the defense at that time? Were the coverages different than before? More a 'prevent' D?? Many questions..and the answers will come out as the weeks go on.

Let's put this in perspective:

On the Browns first drive, Harrison was the guy who knocked their guy out of bounds at the one yard line, saving a touchdown. Shortly after, the Pats INT'd and avoided a huge momentum shift and 7 points against.

Harrison is an upgrade over Sanders, but both are good, and at this point Sanders has more game time and may very well be sharper. That will change as Rodney sees more playing time. Gotta love the safety depth on this team.

Harrison also nearly legally decapitated Winslow on an incompletion and scared the poop out of Anderson showing blitz leading to another.

JR4 said:
Just coincidental?

Those two fourth down TD's have a lot more to do with Hanson's 4th quarter meltdown than the defensive personnel on the field. One drive started on their 45 and the other on our 35 following two really ****ty punts.

Just wondering if anyone here had an opinion on Rodney's play
yesterday? He did have that bad penalty and it seemed because
he lost containment and it was desperation move on his part.
Has he lost a step? Is Sanders the better alternative.
Belichick didn't seem too pleased with the penalty.
Plain and simple....Harrison belongs out there until he either quits or is carted off! He'll be clicking on all cylinders by the time they take to the turf at the RCA Dome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft