PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devine Intervention starting to seem plausable in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devine intervention?

DEVINE_ANDY.jpg

Damn, someone always beats me in the last post! :D

Good defense and clutch offensive drives?

There's more to it. In OT, Barber had one guy to beat then it was clear sailing to the end zone and he somehow managed to fumble. I honestly thought they were done just before the fumble, Chicago was well into FG range.. This is unbelievable..

I think the Broncos are a very tough team to beat -- that much should be obvious, particularly at home. As I watched today's game, with the Bears forging into what should have been an unassailable lead, I asked myself what about the way the Bears were playing reminded me of the Patriots.

Answer: Nothing. Great defense against both run and pass. Very solid running game, at least on their two scoring drives. Patriots aren't good at either of those things.

Fortunately, the Patriots have a great passing offense, but I think they're going to have a tough time against the Broncos, whose defense has been stellar over the past 6-7 games.

And then you have divine intervention. How do you get Marion Barber to make two completely bonehead-of-the-century plays in one game. He goes out of bounds to save 30-45 seconds for the Broncos. He fumbles trying to get a few extra yards when they were already in field goal range. Did Tebow go up to him before overtime and wish him luck?

Back when everyone was talking about sweeping the remaining five games, once the Pats beat the Eagles, I thought, "Not so fast." I'm sure Belichick wasn't telling the team it was going to be a walk in the park. Two of the so-called easy games have proven that point of view correct.

I'm sticking an extra fiver in the collection basket next Sunday!!

It's not GOD, it's Tebow's will power to win, you don't see that in the other team's eyes, but you see it in Tebow. Lucky for us, we also has a QB who is famous for his will power to win, and i am glad that BOB chewed Brady out today, and I love that look in his eyes near the end of the game, you can see the same kind of eyes in Tim Tebow when he does his 4th quarter winning drive. This game should be very fun, as it is a test to Brady and us, to see if we truely still has that will power to win as a team. If you watched the movie green lantern, you should know what am I talking about, it's a simple fomular, Will power VS fear!

Barber running out of bounds with less than two minutes was the killer. Game shouldn't have gone to OT. I've got good seats at Invesco for the game next week and am looking forward to the atmosphere, but not going to lie, I'm a bit nervous about the Broncos!

that defense is amazing this season with miller, and now doom is back to normal, and champ is champ

as long as they keep the game close, tebow is unshakeable in crunch time

if they could ever get tebow to play like it's the 4th qtr/ot for full games, watch out.

Expect a lot of Cannon at RT and Solder at TE against that ferocious pass rush.

My hope:
Pats show up with a balanced offensive attack which uses a lot of clock time complimented by a solid defensive performance... Final Score, Pats: 24, Broncs: 13

My fear:
Pats passing attack is nullified by Broncos secondary and Tebow puts up career passing numbers which consequently opens up a latent running attack...Final score: Pats: 20, Broncs: 34

that defense is amazing this season with miller, and now doom is back to normal, and champ is champ

as long as they keep the game close, tebow is unshakeable in crunch time

if they could ever get tebow to play like it's the 4th qtr/ot for full games, watch out.

To be fair to Tebow, and I'm not saying that he was playing well prior to the 4th quarter, it would have helped him today if his receivers hadn't been dropping passes all over the field, and falling down to allow him to get picked off. The whole "3 for 16...." thing would have been a lot different if those plays had been made.

check out the espn special "year of the quarterback: the chosen one Tim Tebow" if you want to see what makes this kid tick. He's more of a fiery tough competitor than his saintly image would lead one to believe.

The special follows his high school career from behind the scenes, pretty compelling film. It's worth a look at 45 minutes, this kids no fluke that's for sure. He has that Brady esc allergic reaction to losing.

link for part 1 of seven below
Tim Tebow: The Chosen One (Part 1/7) - YouTube

Last edited:
BTW its spelled Divine...and plausible. Man does anyone graduate high school with even a semblance of understanding the simple concepts of grammar and spelling? and english is my second language.

BTW its spelled Divine...and plausible. Man does anyone graduate high school with even a semblance of understanding the simple concepts of grammar and spelling? and english is my second language.

I thought he was talking about this Devine:
200px-Divine_in_Heaven_T-shirt.jpg

....uh...no that's also spelled 'Divine"

Last edited:

This is a message board forum where people write on the fly. Manners are second to you too? Lighten up....though I do appreciate you learning a second language.

Last edited:
if Tim Tebow wins the Super Bowl, that would be the script for the greatest feel good sports movie of all time

Last edited:

Isn't it considered bad manners to correct someone's spelling and grammar on a football forum? Isn't that (to quote Apocalypse Now) like handing out speeding tickets at the Indianapolis Speedway?

I agree man I also get REELLY pissed off waching people make spelling errers. Whats wrong with theese people, so damn annoyeing

As I have said before, the Tebow dream ends next weekend when he faces BB. BB will show the world how to beat him.

if Tim Tebow wins the Super Bowl, that would be the script for the greatest feel good sports movie of all time

I guess that's a matter of perspective.

I prefer that the only thing Football, and church have in common is that both of them typically take place on Sunday. That movie would undoubtedly combine them.

Who would play Tebow in the movie...Kirk Cameron?? :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back