PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeSean Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that this would ever happen in a million years, but I think if we're trading for an Eagles WR, I'd rather have Maclin.

It's true, having him doesn't mean our defense won't progress, the problem for me is the emphasis. We know the Offense can be explosive if the TEs get into the game early. Like you said, stack up on O Line and Defense.

And getting DeSean does have to do with Randy Moss, I think. Don't get me wrong, there's no one I'd rather have than Brady, but his arm strength on deep throws doesn't compare with Brees or Manning or Rodgers. Moss's spectacular catch ability was the perfect fit, especially when he was complimented by Gaffney, Stallworth, and Welker. Jackson is all speed, which works for a guy like Vick, but not Brady.

Brady has a great arm and is just as accurate as Vick on deep throws which is all we need to care about.

DeSean Jackson for Logan Mankins, the 17th overall pick, Brandon Tate and a fifth-round pick.

Yeah... nah.

Last edited:
This is a complete joke, right?

Mankins is an all-pro guard. Jackson might not even be as valuable as Mankins straight-up. It's a close call. I know that an elite guard is harder to find than an elite WR.

Then also throw in the #17 overall pick (which most teams would not even trade for Jackson straight up), a guy who costs almost no money and still could be a good receiver, and throw in a fifth round pick for the cherry on top!

Must have been an Eagles fan dreaming/writing this.

Also, Jackson is a turd. You think BB wants a guy who all about himself and picks up 15-yard taunting penalties every time he sniffs the endzone?

I'll gladly take our offense with their 30+ ppg and a bunch of guys who know their roles on the team and aren't afraid to go over the middle.

What about this trade?

Patriots get:
LeSean McCoy

Eagles get:
Logan Mankins
Jerod Mayo
Devin McCourty
Brandon Tate
Taylor Price
Danny Woodhead
Benjarvus Green-Ellis

Do you guys think we'll need to sweeten the offer with a mid-round pick?

"Would you trade DeSean Jackson for Logan Mankins, a first round pick, Brandon Tate, and a fifth round pick?"

Hahahahaha! What a ripoff for the Patriots!

NFL Speculation: Could the Eagles and Pats Work Out a Trade for DeSean Jackson? | Bleacher Report

I would LOVE this trade. Except I would trade away #28, not #17.

And yes, I know this is a Philly fan's idea and not a legitimate rumor.

This guy must be coming off a crack bender with charlie sheen.....yeah the eagles are going to give up the leagues most dangerous offensive weapon and special team threat .....for a malcontent OL that is about to turn 30 and has proven that he sometimes doesn't show up in the big games.....wow....

Jackson is the best deep threat in the game. He is also the best PR guy in the league. IMO he has more value than Mankins. 24 years old too. His "get-paid" attitude is a bit of a turn-off but the kid plays HARD and hurt.

If the Iggles want to go straight-up, that is fine but I would not include additional picks.

Yeah but he makes Leon Lett look intelligent when he's taking it into the endzone.

Well it worked in 2007, I'm not disputing that. But the team was built completely differently that year. We were jacked up with talented offensive players in their prime (Brady and Moss most importantly), and I have a feeling that BB built that team to beat the Colts after the 2006 AFCCG debacle. The only thing about the 2007 team was the aging defense. Now, it's different. It's a developing defense now. Wilfork's our only real dominating player, but McCourty, Mayo, Chung, and maybe Ninkovich are all developing nicely with Warren returning.

In 2004, our number one was Deion Branch. Don't get me wrong, he was amazing in the playoffs, but we dominated that year by pounding teams with Dillon and Faulk (cough cough, Benjarvis and Woodhead) and great defense. I have a feeling Bellechick is moving in that direction again. Don't put it all on Brady. I don't think there's ANY reciever in the league like Moss was in 2007, maybe the best year for a WR in the history of the NFL. His skill set is totally different from Jackson.

Couldnt agree more. During those playoff runs, a hard earned 20 points and solid defense was enough for a W. Common theme I see in our losses since 2007 has been a great offense playing good and good defense playing down right bad. Since 2007, the offense has been asked to win everysingle game. I think what Brady has been able to do is GOAT caliber stuff

Couldnt agree more. During those playoff runs, a hard earned 20 points and solid defense was enough for a W. Common theme I see in our losses since 2007 has been a great offense playing good and good defense playing down right bad. Since 2007, the offense has been asked to win everysingle game. I think what Brady has been able to do is GOAT caliber stuff

Good post. More often than not, those types of teams do not win Super Bowls.

Yeah but he makes Leon Lett look intelligent when he's taking it into the endzone.

Point taken. That stuff drives me crazy and certainly won't fly here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News