PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeSean Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 the eagels will not trade him #2 no way the pats give up that much and then have to pay him 11 million +

and the guy has not shown up the last two postseasons so what good is it if him and Brady set the NFL on fire and then come playoff time the pats are one and done cause they cant keep Brady on he's feet

But he did show up when they went to the NFCCG in 2008.

Teams double-team him and flood the secondary because they do not respect the other aspects of the Iggles offense. Sound familiar?

Last edited:
Terry Glenn Part II. No thanks.

What aspect of Terry Glenn's career with the Pats was so disconcerting to you? If you are making a case based on durability, Jackson has missed 3 games in 3 years.

Last edited:
Is this guy on crack? First Off Jackson is very exploxive, but he is also an ass, and makes 4-5 mental mistakes a game. Secondly Mankins is not going to pass up roughly $600,000 A GAME, by holding out, he will play for the "insulting" 10 Million dollars (said with pinky finger firmly entrenched at side of mouth).

Now if you want to trade Mankins for Jackson straight up, I would think about it, But to trade mankins, #17, plus a fifth rounder for a guy with an expiring contract, please, nobody who is not grossly overweight and is obsessed with feet, trades that high a pick for a guy with an expiring contract.

This isn't even a rumor. This guy made this up.

Is this guy on crack? First Off Jackson is very exploxive, but he is also an ass, and makes 4-5 mental mistakes a game. Secondly Mankins is not going to pass up roughly $600,000 A GAME, by holding out, he will play for the "insulting" 10 Million dollars (said with pinky finger firmly entrenched at side of mouth).

Now if you want to trade Mankins for Jackson straight up, I would think about it, But to trade mankins, #17, plus a fifth rounder for a guy with an expiring contract, please, nobody who is not grossly overweight and is obsessed with feet, trades that high a pick for a guy with an expiring contract.

I agree with you, and in my opinion Jackson is everything OPPOSITE of what a NE Patriot should represent. You wanna talk about the 'Patriot Way?' Well, just take DeSean Jackson and then do everything in the exact opposite way.

I don't care about his talent, which is unquestioned, this guy would be helping to lead the locker room in a totally wrong direction, IMO. I'd rather have 3 Chad Johnson's on this team (attitude wise) than 1 DeSean Jackson.

(Oh yeah, and PHI would never do it anyway, neither would NE)

A RIDICULOUS and lopsided trade for the Eagles. Please.

That logic doesn't make sense to me. The 2007 team went 18-1 and by all accounts lost the SB because of injuries (Neal, Faulk), bad defense with 2:30 to play and succumbed to one of the top 5 pass rushing teams in Super Bowl history that came in hotter than hot. Your rationale states that your don't want a deep threat because of that??

Rule #1 in the NFL. If you stay still, your opponents will catch up with you.

Well it worked in 2007, I'm not disputing that. But the team was built completely differently that year. We were jacked up with talented offensive players in their prime (Brady and Moss most importantly), and I have a feeling that BB built that team to beat the Colts after the 2006 AFCCG debacle. The only thing about the 2007 team was the aging defense. Now, it's different. It's a developing defense now. Wilfork's our only real dominating player, but McCourty, Mayo, Chung, and maybe Ninkovich are all developing nicely with Warren returning.

In 2004, our number one was Deion Branch. Don't get me wrong, he was amazing in the playoffs, but we dominated that year by pounding teams with Dillon and Faulk (cough cough, Benjarvis and Woodhead) and great defense. I have a feeling Bellechick is moving in that direction again. Don't put it all on Brady. I don't think there's ANY reciever in the league like Moss was in 2007, maybe the best year for a WR in the history of the NFL. His skill set is totally different from Jackson.

Whhaaaaaaaaaaatt... as if i needed another reason to not go near bleacherreport.

DeSean Jackson doesn't come across as much of a douchebag to me as people make him out to be. I wouldn't give up that much for him, though. He DOES make too many mental mistakes, and his hands aren't amazing. It's all speed.

Even better is the idiot poster who suggested DeSean Jackson for Wilfork or McCourty. . . . as if either of those were even remotely possible. :rofl: :rofl:

What aspect of Terry Glenn's career with the Pats was so disconcerting to you? If you are making a case based on durability, Jackson has missed 3 games in 3 years.

The physical and mental fragility. Jackson has been lucky so far with injuries, but the fact remains he is built like michael jackson and the law of averages are likely to catch up with him.

Well it worked in 2007, I'm not disputing that. But the team was built completely differently that year. We were jacked up with talented offensive players in their prime (Brady and Moss most importantly), and I have a feeling that BB built that team to beat the Colts after the 2006 AFCCG debacle.

I would agree. He also landed Thomas to aid the pass rush which was anemic in that game as well.

The only thing about the 2007 team was the aging defense. Now, it's different. It's a developing defense now. Wilfork's our only real dominating player, but McCourty, Mayo, Chung, and maybe Ninkovich are all developing nicely with Warren returning.

The problem is still the same. It's a defense that has problems stopping teams when needed the most- which is why an explosive offense that can score a multitude of ways is needed until the defense matures.

In 2004, our number one was Deion Branch. Don't get me wrong, he was amazing in the playoffs, but we dominated that year by pounding teams with Dillon and Faulk (cough cough, Benjarvis and Woodhead) and great defense. I have a feeling Bellechick is moving in that direction again. Don't put it all on Brady. I don't think there's ANY reciever in the league like Moss was in 2007, maybe the best year for a WR in the history of the NFL. His skill set is totally different from Jackson.

Acquiring Jackson doesn't mean you won't have a 2003-type defense. With the first 6 picks, my preference is to draft defense, defense, OL, defense, defense, OL. Giving Brady solid WRs, a good running game and solid O-line make this team better and Jackson joining this team has nothing to do with Randy Moss.

Last edited:
The physical and mental fragility. Jackson has been lucky so far with injuries, but the fact remains he is built like michael jackson and the law of averages are likely to catch up with him.

Serious question, how long do you give Woodhead until the law of averages "catch up"?

Jackson can go deep but he can also take the short stuff and run a long way. I'd do this trade in a heartbeat. You never know what you're going to get with a draft pick. With Jackson, YOU KNOW you're getting an impact NFL player.

Surprised the writer didn't also include Brady, McCourty, Wilfork, and BB in the trade for Jackson as well. I mean, if he's going to make up something absolutely impossible and insane, might as well go the whole way.

Acquiring Jackson doesn't mean you won't have a 2003-type defense. With the first 6 picks, my preference is to draft defense, defense, OL, defense, defense, OL. Giving Brady solid WRs, a good running game and solid O-line make this team better and Jackson joining this team has nothing to do with Randy Moss.

It's true, having him doesn't mean our defense won't progress, the problem for me is the emphasis. We know the Offense can be explosive if the TEs get into the game early. Like you said, stack up on O Line and Defense.

And getting DeSean does have to do with Randy Moss, I think. Don't get me wrong, there's no one I'd rather have than Brady, but his arm strength on deep throws doesn't compare with Brees or Manning or Rodgers. Moss's spectacular catch ability was the perfect fit, especially when he was complimented by Gaffney, Stallworth, and Welker. Jackson is all speed, which works for a guy like Vick, but not Brady.

Serious question, how long do you give Woodhead until the law of averages "catch up"?

Woodhead is short, he is not frail. He is solidly built, he is just low to the ground, which I think is actually a positive factor when evaluating his injury potential. Jackson is frail. He was measured at 5 9 167 at the combine. That's a twig. Sure I would take Jackson for a modest investment (for e.g., #60), but I think he is too big of a risk to give up what's being discussed here.

I like what he can do on the field but I'm not big on his "showmanship" when he does what he does. Like his NesTea plunge against Dallas, his punt return against NYG. For that trade scenario? Nope.

Whhaaaaaaaaaaatt... as if i needed another reason to not go near bleacherreport.

Lol, tell me about it. I somehow clicked on an article tonight, and didn't realize until halfway through that it was bleacher report. In my defense the original article I was looking at was a rounds 1 and 2 mock draft, actually I may have been directed there through this site's home page.

At any rate, the artcile states that Patrick Chung is a player who needs to be 'dealt,' lol.

Here's an exact quote--just to make you that much more disgusted :

"It is unclear if Patrick Chung was the one to make the call for the fake punt, and if that is the case I think Chung's days in New England are numbered."

This is one of the absolute dumbest quotes that I have seen in a long, long time.

2011 NFL Trade Rumors: Players for All 32 Teams Who Need to Be Dealt | Bleacher Report

Last edited:
Crack is a dangerous drug.

Trade Scenario: DeSean Jackson for Logan Mankins, the 17th overall pick, Brandon Tate and a fifth-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes