PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeSean Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the general belief is that they are pretty cap strapped though, which is why they've lost some important players to begin with.

I get it. But there are always ways to manipulate the cap somewhat

Jets could be dangerous if they pull off a trade for Jackson.

Jets could be dangerous if they pull off a trade for Jackson.
They'll be in danger of cornering the market on high-profile gangsta scum, first and foremost. Screw them.

Jackson apparently dropping love bombs for Vick on Instagram. Maybe the fact that the Jets can shower him with money and he won't have to change to fit in with them is attractive.

With the Pats he'd have to at least act like he gave a crap.

Jackson apparently dropping love bombs for Vick on Instagram. Maybe the fact that the Jets can shower him with money and he won't have to change to fit in with them is attractive.

With the Pats he'd have to at least act like he gave a crap.
Santonio Holmes 2.0.

I would pay #1 money to the right #1 receivers but he wouldn't be one of them. If Roddy White came free later this offseason or a decent trade was available for him then i could see bringing him in on a redone deal but i wouldn't pay Jackson let alone trade for him and pay him.

Eagles actively shopping DeSean Jackson

There are ways to create space, but the simplest way for the Eagles to deal Jackson to a team such as the Panthers would be for the receiver to agree to restructure his contract.

We got Revis's 2014 cap hit down to 7 million, so getting Desean's to 5-6 million isn't out of the question.

I'm torn on this potential move. On one hand it would give us a 2007 level patriot offense (Gronk/Jackson/Edelman is quite the big three with plenty of complimentary weapons around them). On the other hand I could see him as Holmes 2.0 as Tune said on the Jets, which would always be fun to see. Vick and Jackson on the Jets would be a hilarious disaster. :D

Santonio Holmes 2.0.

Except much, much more talented. If he goes to the Jets, they'll have a pretty talented receiving corps. Too bad their quarterback situation is either filled with guys that suck (Smith) or can't stay on the field to save their lives (Vick).

I would pay #1 money to the right #1 receivers but he wouldn't be one of them. If Roddy White came free later this offseason or a decent trade was available for him then i could see bringing him in on a redone deal but i wouldn't pay Jackson let alone trade for him and pay him.

Jackson is too fragile. Physically and otherwise.

Except much, much more talented. If he goes to the Jets, they'll have a pretty talented receiving corps. Too bad their quarterback situation is either filled with guys that suck (Smith) or can't stay on the field to save their lives (Vick).
Shyt for brains ultimately trumps talent. This idiot had $250k IN CASH, jewelry and a handgun stolen from his home. Below is a photo of him with a homey at a strip club. He's got New Jersey Green Bean written all over him.

Attachments

• lil-wayne-desean-jackson-strip-club.jpg
    lil-wayne-desean-jackson-strip-club.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 59
Their locker room would be dangerous, that's for sure.

Woody did not want to deal with the Revis' contract whining. In essence he dumped the most talented CB in the NFL for that. That will stop the Jackson Talk.

DW Toys

Woody did not want to deal with the Revis' contract whining. In essence he dumped the most talented CB in the NFL for that. That will stop the Jackson Talk.

DW Toys

But it could be worse. He could have to listen to a fat old man whining.

I wouldn't mind a 1-year deal. Hopefully he'd realize he could put up big numbers with Brady, which would set himself up for a big contract next off-season

@JasonLaCanfora: SEA and SF among the teams who talked trade w/Philly on DeSean Jackson. His $ and cap # a real issue. Some GMs think he gets released in end

@NFL_ATL: DeSean Jackson reportedly 'good as gone' in Philly Report: DeSean Jackson 'as good as gone' from Eagles - NFL.com

@AnthonyDiMoro: #Eagles Desean Jackson is unwilling to restructure his contract to facilitate a trade which could lead to Philly cutting him. #SportsRants

@CSNPhilly: Report: #Eagles willing to cut DeSean Jackson if they can't pull off a trade, per @GeoffMosherCSN: http://t.co/IJ60Nc7107 #EaglesTalk

Deja vu?????

Could Jets be in hunt for Eagles WR DeSean Jackson? Source: 'Philly is trading him or cutting him. They don't want him.' | New York Daily News

Could Michael Vick and Marty Mornhinweg be reuniting with another old pal from Philadelphia? The extent of the Jets reported interest in DeSean Jackson is unclear, but it appears all but certain that the Eagles Pro Bowl wide receiver isn’t returning to Chip Kelly’s team.

"Philly is trading him or cutting him,” a source told the Daily News Saturday. “That's a fact. They don't want him.”

Although the source said that Jackson isn’t interested in restructuring a contract that includes a $10.5 million base salary (and $12.75 million salary cap charge) in 2014, he may have no choice but to take a pay cut. It’s hard to imagine a team would absorb that cap hit.

Jackson, who had 82 receptions for 1,332 yards and nine TDs last season, is scheduled to earn $9.75 million in base salaries in 2015 and 2016. The Eagles would have about $6.5 million in cap savings in 2014 if Jackson is cut, according to overthecap.com.

The NFL Network identified the Jets, Patriots, Raiders, Panthers and 49ers as potential landing spots. Receiver-needy Carolina may make the most sense from a purely football perspective. The Philadelphia Inquirer reported Friday that the Eagles are indeed actively shopping their leading wideout from last season. The Eagles reportedly want a third-round pick in a trade.

Mornhinweg’s familiarity with Jackson coupled with a subpar wide receiving corps makes the 27-year-old speedster an intriguing option for Rex Ryan’s team. Jackson’s friendship with Vick, who signed a 1-year, $5 million deal on Friday night, likely isn’t a significant factor, but it definitely doesn’t hurt.

Shyt for brains ultimately trumps talent. This idiot had $250k IN CASH, jewelry and a handgun stolen from his home. Below is a photo of him with a homey at a strip club. He's got New Jersey Green Bean written all over him.

I don't see how getting one's house robbed makes one an idiot.

Seems more and more likely that people will be dealing with Free Agent DeSean Jackson instead of Philadelphia Eagles DeSean Jackson.

Increases our odds, however, he is still wanting more money than BB will likely offer, if the phonecall the team placed "inquiring" about him was actually legitimate interest and not just the team doing their thing.

I don't see how getting one's house robbed makes one an idiot.

The point apparently went right over your head.

Getting robbed does not make you an idiot, keeping TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND dollars CASH in your house makes you an idiot.

The point apparently went right over your head.

Getting robbed does not make you an idiot, keeping TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND dollars CASH in your house makes you an idiot.

Meh. In a safe?

Wake up at 2:30 in the am after a bad dream, walk to your safe and pull out stacks and stacks of benjamins?

Sounds hella fun to me. :D

I think if there's any idiocy involved, it was bragging about it or letting people know he had it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes