PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeSean Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are JUST F'n amazing. And after we have to spend 3 months trying to scrap together the money to sign rookies, just what are you going to do for the 2 OLmen we need to add. The 3rd DE and 2 LB's that are an absolute necessities. Not to mention, Blount, depth and competition. Yeah, lets give up all this so we can add ANOTHER WR, who is going to get about 6-10 targets a game....maybe.

Your lack of understanding on how to build a championship football team is simply STAGGERING!!!!...and rather surprising since you've been witnessing the RIGHT way to do it for over a decade. I'm disgusted and you should be ashamed of yourselves for keeping this loser thread active about 100 posts past its due date. :rolleyes:

First, I was just posting on how it could be possible. Second, a little harsh of a response, don't you think?

Also, I've witnessed BB trade for Welker, trade for Moss, and sign Stallworth all in one offseason. Clearly he disagrees.

Ken, what's with the meltdown? :eek:

Signing Revis was "never going to happen" etc if the Patriots trade for Jackson it's because Bill Belichick - a guy who's forgotten more about Football & managing a Football roster than any of us will ever know - deemed adding Jackson to the team is worth the cap hit and 3rd round pick.

If it doesn't happen, that's fine I think most people think it's an outside shot at best anyway but let people have a bit of hope about it, it's nice to think of Brady to Jackson.

You keep bringing up "3rd DE" Armond Armstead can play DT and DE then add in second year player Michael Buchanan, the team may feel they're fine at DE and any extra depth can be added through the draft - the same goes for Center they can draft a guy and sit him behind Connolly for a while and have Cannon at RG...which based on the lack of urgency in free agency at that position just may be what's going to happen.

Nobody knows what the Patriots are thinking apart from a very select few people so sit back, relax and wait and see what happens!

He may end up in Carolina

Geez, people, can't we all just recognize that every single one of us here are amateurs, none of us know as much as Belichick (or any other NFL head coach or general manager for that matter) yet that does not preclude from actually having and opinion or having the audacity to disagree with something someone does?

I get tired of these "Belichick is smarter than you therefore he is automatically right and you are automatically wrong" responses.

Geez, people, can't we all just recognize that every single one of us here are amateurs, none of us know as much as Belichick (or any other NFL head coach or general manager for that matter) yet that does not preclude from actually having and opinion or having the audacity to disagree with something someone does?

I get tired of these "Belichick is smarter than you therefore he is automatically right and you are automatically wrong" responses.

Cousin, You have a point. Prior to 2007 I suggested Randy Moss and I am still picking splinters out of my arse for that "stupid" suggestion. What does 'Ole D.W.Toys know? 'Never happen you anal pore!

I suggested Fitzgerald and although not going to work out probably, I was hit with no one would have ever even dare think of that dummy......wait? Did the Pats or did they not inquire?

This forum is done for fun and speculation. It is made to promote thought. There have been suggestions through the years that have actually trumped what the Pats F.O. actually did. They are human. They make mistakes and we all have to admit they are arrogant sometimes. Some posters use the defense of BB and the boys as "they are the Pros and your opinion is crap". Believe me I have seen stupid moves coming out of Foxborough.

Let's throw the real cool guy posters on this site another wiggle to blast. Let's do a blockbuster. I love the negatives:

It would be folly not to think that BB could not use Jackson as the top weapon on the Team after TB (with Gronk hurt).

Jackson has a contract of $10.5m

Amendola is $5.7m

Someone mentioned (credit where it is so) forcing the Eagles to take Amendola, we give up a third plus Danny and the CAP (Miguel?) difference can be made up or restructured.

Now let's go further. We need a rotation DE. Vinnie Curry is young and miscast. He need a 4-3 defense for success. The Eagles will listen to offers. He is still on his rookie deal so cheap. Had 5 sacks in a rotational role in 2013.

They over-payed for James Casey . He is a move TE that they don't use but we do. His salary is $3.99mm and is stuck as are they. He is another player miscast. Maybe a CAPeroo.

Now give them a fourth for these two.

It's kind of NBAish but why not? It makes dealing with us to move Jackson better for Kelley and helps fill holes here.

We can make the CAP work.

Watch this............

DW Toys

You keep bringing up "3rd DE" Armond Armstead can play DT and DE then add in second year player Michael Buchanan, the team may feel they're fine at DE and any extra depth can be added through the draft -

While I agree with your overall thoughts of relaxing and letting the process play itself out, banking on Armstead (thus far a figment of imagination) and Buchanon (beat out by my grandmother last year...I mean Andre Carter) seems to be hopeful at best.

There's a reason why Carter beat out Buchanon, as he couldn't set the edge for anything. Armstead is a hope, but nothing of all a sure thing.

It would seem quite reasonable to address the area of 3rd DE/passrusher for many reasons.

Unlikely he'll end up here,he'll probably to traded to Carolina. I don't believe he would be an improvement for us anyway.

Carolina released/chose not to resign all of their receivers because they have no cap room. All that money tied up in RBs that are no longer top tier.

He's an overpaid loudmouth who's all about himself.

He's going to be a Jet, of course.

Oh, and Michael Vick will love New York...most of the dogs are little and easily murdered.

First, I was just posting on how it could be possible. Second, a little harsh of a response, don't you think?

Also, I've witnessed BB trade for Welker, trade for Moss, and sign Stallworth all in one offseason. Clearly he disagrees.
First, if you read my next post I specifically noted that the "you" that I was talking about was NOT you. I did it after I noticed when I reread my post that it might be interpreted that way.

2nd the year BB signed Moss, Welker and Stallworth, the cost of all 3 fit well under the cap. Plus in 2007 Troy Brown was the only WR remaining on the roster, while in 2014 we have many more. Those guys were a necessity, Jackson is a redundant luxury.

Sorry for any confusion

For those pissing and whining:

Problem solved

If Carolina was smart they would go all out for him..they have NOTHING

I think most folks believe, now that Vick is a Jet, that the Jets will pull a trade for Jackson, which reunites the ex-eagles.. Jets has lots of $$ and probably enough picks to get it done..

With Jackson & Decker, they have a decent set of WRs..

IMO

If Carolina was smart they would go all out for him..they have NOTHING

I think the general belief is that they are pretty cap strapped though, which is why they've lost some important players to begin with.

I think most folks believe, now that Vick is a Jet, that the Jets will pull a trade for Jackson, which reunites the ex-eagles.. Jets has lots of $$ and probably enough picks to get it done..

With Jackson & Decker, they have a decent set of WRs..

IMO

They'd definitely improve their offensive weapons. I still think they'll be grabbing an improved RB as well, since it fits their scheme so well.

The one big drawback I could see with possibly adding Jackson is that they'd be rolling the dice with a locker room full of idiots again, but I suppose that's their worry. Either way, I don't see that many teams wanting to take on Jackson's salary without exploring an extension. That's where things could get tricky, and probably too tricky for him to be much of an option here in NE.

I believe that we may have inquired about Jackson prior to last Fri/Sat when Edelman was brought back. One would have to think that we're probably pretty close to being done with the WRs, especially if one more vet like Avant, Britt ends up signing. Then it will just be a matter of adding a young talent or two at the position of TE through the draft.

They'd definitely improve their offensive weapons. I still think they'll be grabbing an improved RB as well, since it fits their scheme so well.

Improved RB? Ivory & Powell are both good backs.

I don't think they will try and push for Jackson though because him & Vick are supposed to be close so that isn't going to help Smith at all...then again when did logic come into Jets decision making?

Improved RB? Ivory & Powell are both good backs.

Eh...both are acceptable, but with the amount of times that they run the ball, I'd expect a new draft pick and/or a veteran signing.

That's why they've been reported to be interested in several vet RBs including Maurice Jones Drew. There have also been rumors that they'll select someone in the top few rounds of the draft as well. I think Ivory/Powell are complimentary backs, but the position can certainly be improved with a true RB1--especially for their scheme which is to lean on the run and play tough defense.

I don't think they will try and push for Jackson though because him & Vick are supposed to be close so that isn't going to help Smith at all...then again when did logic come into Jets decision making?

I don't think it was that surprising that Mike Vick was one of those journeyman vet QB signings that has the potential to start in a pinch, while offering assistance to the younger QB in the meantime.

Basically, he's a high priced backup, but a guy who won over the starting job last year. I think they were a prime candidate for a guy of this kind of capability, particularly if they were planning on moving on from Sanchez.

No sense in bringing in a guy like Decker at 35 million dollars if you don't have a guy to get him the ball, so the QB position had to be improved upon one way or another. Vick may not be all that hot anymore, but he's probably much better than Smith at this point of Smith's career. He can at least lead the team on some successful drives, which is much more than Smith's been able to do. They seem to be covering their bases, which is understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes