PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Derrick Burgess: Will he break out tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Saints O-Line is strong in the middle. That tackles are beatable, but there's not a ton of time vs. Brees.

That said, I do think Burgess is getting better every game, likely because he's getting all his other new duties down better. Watch for old-school Derrick Burgess coming in and eating Drew's lunch all night long.
Also keep in mind that Burgess was injured for most of last year and then held out of Raiders training camp. He's in a similar situation to Tom in terms of getting back in the vibe of football, and I think he's been judged unfairly thus far.

Edit: I think anyone who has actually paid close attention to Burgess the last few games has seen a major improvement as compared to earlier this season. Claiming that he's been invisible the past few games is just ignorant--he's definitely gotten better and better pressure each of the last few games. He petered out in the 4th quarter in the Colts, but with no subs for his position in that game, it's hard to expect a 31 year-old player to go full tilt for an entire game with no rest.

Last edited:
He's been looking great for the past couple of games. I wouldn't be suprised if he was in the Saints backfield multiple times tonight.

Still a bit hesitant to say he'll break out... I agree he's been more visible, but I don'T see the second coming of Willie McG in his prime just quite yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News