PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennis and Callahan

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait, are they actually talking sports in the morning? Because that's all i really want and that's the reason why i never listen to that crap.

i sometimes enjoy listening to right-wing nutjob radio, I just don't want it from my sports stations.

Callahan had to not talk for 2-3 weeks, doctors orders. Arnold is in this week and Holley will do next week.

Ohh, well at least this week they are stepping up with Dale. I wish holley would have michael smith co-host with him. When he did it last year it was great, but now that smith is a big ESPN guy he probably doesn't have the time

I agree Holley and Michael Smith were great together but I think now that WEEI is a Fox sports affiliate and ESPN has it's own radio station in Boston, I doubt Smith will be able to do Holley's show.

As for D&C, I don't give a sh*t what they think about politics, I barely care about what they think about sports. I used to work with John Dennis years ago at channel 7. He was a nice man then too bad he has turned himself into a whore for money and ratings.

I don't mind Callahan. Headlines is a great segment, and he's a welcome change from the liberal politics of the rest of the state - but that's for the political forum. :D

Pats1, the sad fact is that even in MA, you can't turn on a radio talk show and hear anyone who isn't directly or indirectly being paid by the RNC. The State may be "liberal" but talk radio in this state is DEFINITELY "conservative".

BTW- I hate labeling people consevative or liberal. I think it would probably be better to label the talk shows as GW Bush apologists, and occassionally (NPR) GW Bush Bashers. To call GW Bush a conservative, is an insult to true conservatives. JMHO.

Pats1, the sad fact is that even in MA, you can't turn on a radio talk show and hear anyone who isn't directly or indirectly being paid by the RNC. The State may be "liberal" but talk radio in this state is DEFINITELY "conservative".

BTW- I hate labeling people consevative or liberal. I think it would probably be better to label the talk shows as GW Bush apologists, and occassionally (NPR) GW Bush Bashers. To call GW Bush a conservative, is an insult to true conservatives. JMHO.

The hosts aren't paid by the RNC, they're paid by SPONSORS! It's the free market at work. Don't try to make it sound like some sort of government conspiracy to suppress the liberal perspective. If you need to find it during working hours, it's on TV. Check out The Today Show, GMA or The View. Why IS that, do you think?

There is liberal talk radio. It's called NPR. The Government HAS to fund it or it would go out of "business" (as if any Government sponsored endeavor can be called a business), like Air America. If people found it entertaining, they'd tune in. They don't. But take heart, there'll be more upstart liberal talk radio hopefuls trying to break the current hegemony. They just will not succeed until they can find a way to be both liberal and likeable. That's a tough combination to pull off. Ask Jim Braude and Marjorie Claprood, or Al Franken.

In the meantime you can all rail against Rush, Hannity, Callahan and Howie as much as you like. They're simply Americans stating their candid opinions unapologetically. There's nothing wrong with that. If you don't like what they say, fine... have something more valid to say. Try to compete. Just remember, they also have the ratings. Sponsors always like to sell to people who are actually listening.

I enjoy D&C esp. Gerry(the only WEEI talker who was a pretty decent athlete himself). I spend my money on their sponsors products and services.

The hosts aren't paid by the RNC, they're paid by SPONSORS! It's the free market at work. Don't try to make it sound like some sort of government conspiracy to suppress the liberal perspective. If you need to find it during working hours, it's on TV. Check out The Today Show, GMA or The View. Why IS that, do you think?

There is liberal talk radio. It's called NPR. The Government HAS to fund it or it would go out of "business" (as if any Government sponsored endeavor can be called a business), like Air America. If people found it entertaining, they'd tune in. They don't. But take heart, there'll be more upstart liberal talk radio hopefuls trying to break the current hegemony. They just will not succeed until they can find a way to be both liberal and likeable. That's a tough combination to pull off. Ask Jim Braude and Marjorie Claprood, or Al Franken.

In the meantime you can all rail against Rush, Hannity, Callahan and Howie as much as you like. They're simply Americans stating their candid opinions unapologetically. There's nothing wrong with that. If you don't like what they say, fine... have something more valid to say. Try to compete. Just remember, they also have the ratings. Sponsors always like to sell to people who are actually listening.

AMEN! These "libs" are so scared of the RW conspiracy, that they w/o hesitation resort to name calling even insinuating GC is a racist. Come on people.

Looks like this thread got a bit hijacked and should probably be in another forum. I thought I'd bump just to say that Dennis and Callahan were suspended for making racist comments so it's not much of a leap to call him a racist and has nothing to do with us "libs."

And by the way, D&C aren't Hannity, Colmes, Limbaugh or any of those other right wing wackos. They are SPORTS RADIO TALK SHOW HOSTS, they are paid to talk sports.

Last edited:
Does anybody know where Callahan has been for the last 2 weeks? Now Dale is on in the morning for the week? Did he leave WEEI?

Is the KKK having a convention somewhere that requires Callahan to show up at?

According to the Big Show, he's has to rest his voice for awhile.

I don't mind Callahan. Headlines is a great segment, and he's a welcome change from the liberal politics of the rest of the state - but that's for the political forum. :D

Larry Johnson and ****erson filled in the last couple of weeks, and Dale was in this morning.

Its one thing to be a conservative, its another to be a racist nazi, which is what KKKallahan is.

Looks like this thread got a bit hijacked and should probably be in another forum. I thought I'd bump just to say that Dennis and Callahan were suspended for making racist comments so it's not much of a leap to call him a racist and has nothing to do with us "libs."

And by the way, D&C aren't Hannity, Colmes, Limbaugh or any of those other right wing wackos. They are SPORTS RADIO TALK SHOW HOSTS, they are paid to talk sports.

Wrong again...

D&C talk about WHATEVER is topical to adult males 18-35 primarily, be it sport (primarily), current events (Imus), TV (Lost or the Sopranos) or whatever TF they think will keep their ratings up. If you don't like that fact, tune out. C'ya.

Its one thing to be a conservative, its another to be a racist nazi, which is what KKKallahan is.

This ******ed invective adds nothing to the discussion, but it at least exposes you as a buffoon.

Wrong again...

D&C talk about WHATEVER is topical to adult males 18-35 primarily, be it sport (primarily), current events (Imus), TV (Lost or the Sopranos) or whatever TF they think will keep their ratings up. If you don't like that fact, tune out. C'ya.

No, they talk primarily politics. Three and a half hours of politics and half an hour of sports.

And that's actually why I stopped listening. I turn on WEEI at 10am and listen to other stations before then. Which is unfortunate, because I want Boston sports talk.

No, they talk primarily politics. Three and a half hours of politics and half an hour of sports.

And that's actually why I stopped listening. I turn on WEEI at 10am and listen to other stations before then. Which is unfortunate, because I want Boston sports talk.

Agree completely. If it's before 10:00 am, I tune in right on the hour or 1/2 hour for the "flash" then I switch to another sports station until 10 am. Dale & Holley are the only ones I listen to on a regular basis. The big show is just annoying unless BB is on.

Wrong again...

Ah, not quite. WEEI is a sports talk radio station. D&C may talk about whatever is topical, but they are SUPPOSED to talk about sports because that's what WEEI does. WRKO is the political talk radio station. Wh

Good advice about "tuning out." I think that's exactly what I'll do to you.

Last edited:
I tune in generally as soon as I get into my office, which is usually 6:30 am. There is almost always a predominantly Red Sox related discussion occurring at that time, at least during this time of year.

That wasn't my point, though. If you find them talking about politics and tune it out, then good. That's the free market at work. If enough people do that, their arbitron numbers plummet and advertisers drop off. They'll respond to that. If you still tune in and cry "Boo hoo, I want sports talk!" on internet message boards, you'll get no satisfaction. You can't tell people what to talk about. You can only influence it by voting with your time (which equates to $ in radio).

Remember, the show is meant to appeal to adult males 18-34 years of age. It doesn't have to fit any stereotype of what others think it should be.

Ah, not quite. WEEI is a sports talk radio station. D&C may talk about whatever is topical, but they are SUPPOSED to talk about sports because that's what WEEI does. WRKO is the political talk radio station. Wh

Good advice about "tuning out." I think that's exactly what I'll do to you.

As others have said, they are not supposed to talk sports. Their show has never been billed as sports talk. It has been billed as "guy talk."

Whatever it is, it is terrible. Two guys arguing opposite sides of every issue and normally doing so blindly. Then just when it gets to the point of almsot being unlistenable they have Meter chime in - making it unlistenable.

This ******ed invective adds nothing to the discussion, but it at least exposes you as a buffoon.

Apparently, you haven't been paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back