PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deja Vu: 1985 Pats = 2005 Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PATSNUTme said:
He was Mike Singletary's big "crush' in the SB. In fact he got crushed so much that Grogan came in - and he got crushed too by Richard Dent.
Oh, the nightmare.
I'm still griped that they didn't start Grogan, I never felt Eason had the poise to get it done in that game. I loved how hard Grogan fought back, even if he was a rag doll by the end of the game.

PATSNUTme said:
He was Mike Singletary's big "crush' in the SB. In fact he got crushed so much that Grogan came in - and he got crushed too by Richard Dent.
Oh, the nightmare.
Yeah, whenever that Superbowl highlight special comes on, needless to say, I change the channel.

I'm not sure you can find one picture of a Patriots quarterback standing upright that day.

Bella*chick said:
Yeah, whenever that Superbowl highlight special comes on, needless to say, I change the channel.

I'm not sure you can find one picture of a Patriots quarterback standing upright that day.

I've got it on tape somewhere, but have never looked at it. Nowadays, DVD/DVR are so nice, and the best thing is, they show the Pats winning of late.

mikey said:
the 85 team will serve as role model and motivation for the 2005 version.

What?!? Why would a team that got its ass kicked be a role model for a team that's won 3 of the last 4 SBs, to say nothing of two in a row.

Good Lord, Mikey, you are annoying. :bricks:

message from Mars

Bella*chick said:
I'll tell you what I did.....wrote all about him in my diary, dotting all my i's with little hearts, came to my senses, ripped out the diary pages, shredded them up and flushed them down the toilet, to destroy the evidence. :D

Wow..you guys from Venus are really weird!

glecco

Fanfrom1960 said:
I've got it on tape somewhere, but have never looked at it. Nowadays, DVD/DVR are so nice, and the best thing is, they show the Pats winning of late.

I couldn't watch the footage of SB XX or XXXI until we won SB XVI!! It is definately not my favorite thing to watch, but I can do it without my stomach hitting the floor..... Winning our first Super Bowl wiped the slate clean, so to speak

glecco said:
Wow..you guys from Venus are really weird!

glecco

LOL! I wish I could say I was just kidding, but sadly, I'm not.

Hormones are not a pretty thing.

I prefer to compare them to the 1988 49'ers who entered the Playoffs as Divsional Champ at 10--6 and who went on to win the SB (though they did get a bye in a tiebreaker with four other teams at 10-6 that year).

Bill's Girl said:
I couldn't watch the footage of SB XX or XXXI until we won SB XVI!! It is definately not my favorite thing to watch, but I can do it without my stomach hitting the floor..... Winning our first Super Bowl wiped the slate clean, so to speak

Maybe I should try to find the SB XX tape. Nah. I don't even care to look at the old unis ever since they started sporting the new ones with the Elvis logo. And, that was a very severe beating. XXXI was a good game though.

I have a bit of a similar situation to yours with the Red Sox involving pop songs from 1986. There were two particular songs that were popular summer/fall of '86, Everybody Wang Chung Tonight and another that escapes me now. If they ever came up on the classic rock station I listen to, had to turn it off. Since Oct. 27, 2004, though, it's bring them on!

Fanfrom1960 said:
Maybe I should try to find the SB XX tape. Nah. I don't even care to look at the old unis ever since they started sporting the new ones with the Elvis logo. And, that was a very severe beating. XXXI was a good game though.

I have a bit of a similar situation to yours with the Red Sox involving pop songs from 1986. There were two particular songs that were popular summer/fall of '86, Everybody Wang Chung Tonight and another that escapes me now. If they ever came up on the classic rock station I listen to, had to turn it off. Since Oct. 27, 2004, though, it's bring them on!

Knowing how certain people here feel about the mere mention of the Sox, I left that out. I was the same way with 1986...... Here is a quick story about that team. In 1992 I was working at a local grocery store in New Hampshire when Bob Stanley came in to provision his fishing trip. Of course he came through my check-out line. My manager was bagging the groceries and mentioned to me that it was Bob Stanley, I looked at Bob and said, "I remember." Not exactly my best moment....... But like with the Patriots all was forgotten after the WS.

Bill's Girl said:

Went to both, couldn't have been more proud. And yes, I've got videos of both games and have watched them.

Every now and then you've got to take your medicine. Wiped the slate clean? Nope. Only made the victory sweeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes