PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deaderick, especially vs. the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
“It’s nothing special,” Belichick said. “You can’t play them all outside, so somebody has to move inside. Deaderick is more of an inside player than Andre and Mark.”

Sack attack unleashed - BostonHerald.com

That sure sounds like "Those were the 4 guys we most wanted on the field."

Nice praise for Deaderick if that's really what it means.

Last edited:
Deaderick was pretty good last year too..can't remember what happened to him,was he injured?

If only Pryor was healthy..i think that kid could be a stud in this rotation.

Last edited:
It is no coincidence that since Deaderick has started to play that the pass rush has improved exponentially. We saw the pass rush on Sunday, but the Pats pressured Eli Manning 21 times the previous week. Even against Roethlisberger, they were pressuring him quite a bit.

Deaderick has been an unsung hero the last few weeks. He has made a pretty good impact on this team.

Sack attack unleashed - BostonHerald.com

That sure sounds like "Those were the 4 guys we most wanted on the field."

Nice praise for Deaderick if that's really what it means.

It means he wanted maximum pass rushing ability on the field. Deaderick is a big DE with pass rushing ability. Move him to tackle and put Anderson at end and you have a pass rushing tackle with at least some ability to stop the run. Deaderick has also played well, definitely a bargain.

For the first time, they used a four-man front that included defensive ends Andre Carter and Mark Anderson and defensive tackles Brandon Deaderick and Vince Wilfork. It was a pass-rushing fit that that essentially dared the Jets to run the ball, and New York failed to adjust.

Wilfork and Carter have been the Patriots' two irreplaceable defensive linemen this season, both against the run and pass. Anderson has been used in pass-rush situations, but he hasn't been as strong against the run, which has limited his playing time. And Deaderick had only played at defensive end -- typically on the left side, opposite of Carter -- until Sunday's 37-16 victory against the Jets.

Deaderick had played well in his first two games against the Steelers and Giants, and he had been solid against the run from his spot at defensive end. However, he's smaller than most interior players, so he wasn't as strong against the run from his spot at defensive tackle against the Jets. The Patriots tried not to greatly expose themselves to the Jets' running attack by making sure Deaderick and Anderson never lined up next to one another.
Andre Carter, Patriots Defensive Linemen Make Key Adjustment That Surprises Jets During Sunday's Win - New England Patriots - NESN.com

Last edited:
Bedard said the same thing in his analysis (which I think is pretty good).

Deadrick can be a disruptive force on the line.

Deaderick was pretty good last year too..can't remember what happened to him,was he injured?

Very true

Deaderick, Wright, Pryor, Anderson, and Carter would have been awesome.

Pressure with four is a complete, universal advantage.

If Deaderick can stay healthy and his rumored maturity issues are over, he might end up being one of the best pick in terms of value and production from last year's draft. Hard to put him over Gronk or Hernandez since both are well outperforming their draft status, but he might be up there.

Personally, I always liked the pick and wondered why he dropped so low in the draft.

Myron Pryor is an awesome inside pass rusher.

Myron Pryor is an awesome inside pass rusher.

I'll always have a soft spot for Pryor after that hit he put on Favre last year. So many great games to be had this year, but I'm already psyched about NEXT year, too.

On Deaderick: had high hopes for him last year as a classic BB bargain: fell in the draft due in part to a bizarre shooting incident (he did nothing wrong, he was a victim). Then last year ended with some sort of team suspension or something, didn't it? Anyway, I like what I'm seeing since he came back.

I'll always have a soft spot for Pryor after that hit he put on Favre last year. So many great games to be had this year, but I'm already psyched about NEXT year, too.

On Deaderick: had high hopes for him last year as a classic BB bargain: fell in the draft due in part to a bizarre shooting incident (he did nothing wrong, he was a victim). Then last year ended with some sort of team suspension or something, didn't it? Anyway, I like what I'm seeing since he came back.

The rumor was that the kid was skipping meetings. A no-no on the Patriots.

New England Patriots: Reason of Suspension for Brandon Deaderick Is Disclosed | Bleacher Report

Many of us wanted us to draft Deaderick from the 3rd round on. He seemed to be a perfect prospect at 3-4 DE. It is great to see him playing so well.

Before this thread I watched him play live. If you have DVRs you can see Deaderick drawing double teams. Impressive. And undoubtedly a key factor in getting the DEs free one on one to pressure The Sanchise.

Many of us wanted us to draft Deaderick from the 3rd round on. He seemed to be a perfect prospect at 3-4 DE. It is great to see him playing so well.

I know I liked him a lot prior to the draft, because he spent a couple of years in our defense at Alabama.

He's not the most sudden lineman on the field, but he has been using his hands very well in the last two games.

Before this thread I watched him play live. If you have DVRs you can see Deaderick drawing double teams. Impressive. And undoubtedly a key factor in getting the DEs free one on one to pressure The Sanchise.

Not enough can be said about the experience he got in our defense under Saban in college. Kid was a good pick up for us in the later rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back