PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Andrews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see the article in the Herald on Andrews; his training techniques using boxing gloves, etc?

I just had a thought. When Stork comes back, what then. Well, how about putting both of them on the field together. Imagine the confusion on D if we go no huddle with 2 centers and can switch from balance to unbalance. I think I just came.

I had that thought last year. Weren't there times we were playing Connoly, Stork, and Wendell together on the interior line? The Pats could just casually trotted to the line one man shifted to the left or the right to get an instant overload. Lets save it for the next Ravens' game.

— David Andrews didn’t allow a single pressure despite facing off against Bills defensive linemen Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams. He has been extremely impressive through two weeks of the regular season.

http://nesn.com/?p=520049

It would never happen, but if he keeps his job and continues to play like this, he should get some considerations for Offensive Rookie of the Year :D.

I imgaine he'll have some games that make him look mortal, but he's about 10x better than we could have expected and I'd love to hear why he want undrafted and his journey in the NFL (under the tutelage of BB/DeGuglielmo).

Last edited:
I imgaine he'll have some games that make him look mortal, but he's about 110x better than we could have expected and I'd love to hear why he want undrafted and his journey in the NFL (under the tutelage of BB/DeGuglielmo).

Surprises don't come much bigger. It's not just that Andrews was undrafted; he was projected to be undrafted. Pre-draft writeups all doubted that he had the physical tools to succeed in the NFL. And around final cut-down time here at PatsFans, his name was a regular in "remaining easy cuts" and "what's this guy still doing on the roster?" discussions.

So naturally he's an impressive-looking starter from day one.
shrug2animated.gif

And around final cut-down time here at PatsFans, his name was a regular in "remaining easy cuts" and "what's this guy still doing on the roster?" discussions.
File this under the cut Cassell (circa 2008) folder :). It's fun to learn the players, but BB and the team are underrated with the UDFAs.

It is only 2 weeks but over those 2 weeks it is not a stretch to say he has played like one of the top 10 centers in the NFL. Now can he keep that up? I doubt it but still very interesting. Does he back up guard well?

Generally you can not keep 2 pure centers on your roster. If Stork comes back and stays healthy then i think we are in a trade situation.

this week reafirmed last week, Andrews needs to stay in the starting lineup once stork gets back, and we need to find a place for stork on the line.

this week reafirmed last week, Andrews needs to stay in the starting lineup once stork gets back, and we need to find a place for stork on the line.

Just to clarify...Are you advocating that Andrews stays at C or goes once Stork gets back?

Sounds like you want to move Stork to another position?

He is playing VERY well but not sure we are there yet.

Just to clarify...Are you advocating that Andrews stays at C or goes once Stork gets back?

I heard Mo Lewis landed a hit on Stork. BB might consider leaving Andrews (not that I'm saying history is repeating itself) at center :D.

Find a way for both Andrews and Stork to play. Who ever suggested it, it is not a good idea to trade good starting centers on their rookie contract, at least keep one as a backup.

It would never happen, but if he keeps his job and continues to play like this, he should get some considerations for Offensive Rookie of the Year :D.

I imgaine he'll have some games that make him look mortal, but he's about 10x better than we could have expected and I'd love to hear why he want undrafted and his journey in the NFL (under the tutelage of BB/DeGuglielmo).

This might be a case similar to James Harrison or Elvis Dumervil. Situations where the player was automatically disqualified from NFL success due to their small size at the position.

Andrews was a captain and by all accounts a beast in the SEC, paving the way for Gurley/Chubb. I wonder if teams were lazy and disregarded his tape due to his stature.

Jeff Saturday went undrafted because he was 6'2 295 as well.

can it get there by the time Stork is ready?
andrews is not the only one out there .... Kline, Jackson, and Mason have all done well at not being visible.....I want to see how this line does when the Pats look to run

regardless, so far the pats OL has not been an issue and that's good

I'll let the coaches decide that, but the kid is playing at a high level. Since hes a rookie he should stay on the line as much as possible, since we'll probably be keeping him at his reduced rate moving forward.

BB is not known for fixing something that's not broken, so this will be an interesting question. The line as it is right now is performing very well.

Do you break it up (and the chemistry) because you have a center that was drafted in the 4th round versus a UDFA center? BB has said many times he doesn't care about pedigree, only about what happens on the field.

Brady and Andrews have a very good rapport at this point. Do you risk disrupting that?

BB is not known for fixing something that's not broken, so this will be an interesting question. The line as it is right now is performing very well.

Do you break it up (and the chemistry) because you have a center that was drafted in the 4th round versus a UDFA center? BB has said many times he doesn't care about pedigree, only about what happens on the field.

Brady and Andrews have a very good rapport at this point. Do you risk disrupting that?
Its not like Stork is coming in via a mid-season trade....

I like Andrews but its not like there is a drop-off in play there.

Plus Stork is a physically bigger player.

Andrews has played 2 games. Stork has won a Superbowl, so yes you give him his spot back that he earned.

But did he not have a very good rapport with Stork last year?

How about shipping Stork to the Eagles who currently have NO O-Line we could probably fetch a First or Second Rounder for Stork....*ducks out of the way*.:pj/k;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST