PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darren Sharper facing 2 rape charges

At 6'2 210 and in all likelihood good physical shape he's going to be a difficult target.

As much as the media likes to depict 6'8 300 lb bodybuilding thugs making up prisons it's hardly the case. A hard hitting safety like Sharper is not going to be anyone's bottom unless there's shivs involved.

Even then, there are going to be easier targets.

It's why I laughed when people talked about Hernandez getting raped in prison. Hernandez was probably bigger and stronger than 99% of his jail buddies.

If you were talking about a local county jail, I might agree with you. But once he hits an actual prison yard, the 6'2" 210 isn't going to give him a free pass. There will be guys who are bigger, stronger, and badder. Guys who are straight up thugs (black, white, Hispanic, whatever), hardcore criminals, etc who can and will make his life miserable if they so choose.

I mean, just because he is 6'2" and 210, it doesn't mean that he can fight his way out of a paper bag. As someone else mentioned, it wouldn't have to be 1 on 1 either, but 2 or 3 on one. Going further, it probably wouldn't be a situation where a guy walked up, introduced himself and said "hey, I'd like to engage in a boxing match".

In short, he could easily get jumped by 1 or more guys who might or might not have some form of weaponry on them. Hell, he could get knocked out cold and wake up with a sore butt.

At 6'2 210 and in all likelihood good physical shape he's going to be a difficult target.

As much as the media likes to depict 6'8 300 lb bodybuilding thugs making up prisons it's hardly the case. A hard hitting safety like Sharper is not going to be anyone's bottom unless there's shivs involved.

Even then, there are going to be easier targets.

It's why I laughed when people talked about Hernandez getting raped in prison. Hernandez was probably bigger and stronger than 99% of his jail buddies.

I don't think size has anything to do with it. I think its funny that you think that his speed and size will somehow protect him. prisions are full of inmates that do nothing but work out. and they have the violent sick mentalities to go along with it. the worst possible thing you can be in prison is a rapist. hernandez is a murderer. he will be treated with respect by his fellow inmates. sharper will be thought of as the lowest of the low. anybody looking to up his reputation in prision will be lining up to get him.

I have to disagree.

The lowest form of scum is the child molester.

Modern modular prison systems cut way down on any kind of violence. It's a quid pro quo. You make it to a single bunk cell, ytou want to keep it. Get lugged for assault, you go to segregation for at least 30 days and start out double bunked when you get back to population.

Rapists have been increasingly housed in mods that are basically 99% sex offenders. Modern prison policies require sexual predators to undergo continuous behaviour modification sessions within the mods.

Most people have no idea what I'm talking about, but the fact is, the San Quentin type gladiator factories are the exception not the rule these days.

Anyone who does anything sexual that is a crime is a scum bag. Hardcore gang members will have 1 major rule among their own...do anything you want..but rape or touching a child..and they will kill you on the spot (gangland marathons)

I feel violated for having him on my tv when he was on nfl network. what a complete piece of *****. I feel better knowing he will be bent over repeatedly in the klink lol. happy trails ahole. the women he worked with at the nfl network must be sick to there stomach. this jerk was so high and mighty about the pats and how he thought they cheated blah blah:rolleyes: now look at him.

I felt violated for having him on my tv when he was on nfl network, well before the rape charges.

He is now facing charges in MIA for Sexual Battery....scum

The latest allegations surfaced in a Miami Beach police report released Thursday. It was filed Jan. 19 -- more than a year after the alleged attack. No charges have been filed, but Detective Vivian Hernandez said the investigation remains open.

The report states that the accuser and two friends went to a club in the fall of 2012 and met Sharper and another man. All five left the club at approximately 4 a.m., and Sharper drove them all to his condo. The victim admitted to being extremely intoxicated.

The victims' two friends told her the next day that she went into a bedroom with Sharper and he closed the door behind them. The friends said they heard her telling Sharper, "No, no. Stop, I don't want to." They began knocking on the door, entered the room and attempted to take the victim home. The victim can't remember what she said except that she wanted to sleep.

The victim said she awoke around 9 a.m. to find her pants off and Sharper having sex with her. She said she asked "what's going on" and Sharper got up and put on a pair of shorts. Sharper told her they didn't have sex. He then walked her to her car in a parking garage.

The victim said she went to be examined a week later. She made the police report after a friend saw that Sharper was arrested for sexual battery.

According to a report by the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Sharper was also investigated for a 2011 incident at his Miami condo that involved two Georgia women and his brother, former NFL linebacker Jamie Sharper. That case, in which the women were taken to a rape treatment center, has been closed after a doctor's examination found no evidence of sexual battery.

Disgusting, especially considering he's not a bad looking dude, and at one time he was linked to Gabrielle Union. I'm sure he had women lined up. And now you heat multiple counts of rape...

What happened to the thread on Ray Rice????

If you were talking about a local county jail, I might agree with you. But once he hits an actual prison yard, the 6'2" 210 isn't going to give him a free pass. There will be guys who are bigger, stronger, and badder. Guys who are straight up thugs (black, white, Hispanic, whatever), hardcore criminals, etc who can and will make his life miserable if they so choose.

I mean, just because he is 6'2" and 210, it doesn't mean that he can fight his way out of a paper bag. As someone else mentioned, it wouldn't have to be 1 on 1 either, but 2 or 3 on one. Going further, it probably wouldn't be a situation where a guy walked up, introduced himself and said "hey, I'd like to engage in a boxing match".

In short, he could easily get jumped by 1 or more guys who might or might not have some form of weaponry on them. Hell, he could get knocked out cold and wake up with a sore butt.

I am pretty sure that Sharper's combine stats will settle this argument. The better his 3 cone the less likely he gets ass raped.

Dang... This topic is just unreal. If this is all legit he is going to have an interesting prison experience.

I wonder if he ever hooked up the gals from NFLN. They are all like "Darrin and I stopped for dinner after the show and I woke up the next day feeling like I had a colonoscopy."

I wonder what Willie Mac is thinking.
I'm guessing he wouldn't approve and would feel compelled to implement punishment on his own for sharing TV time with him.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back