In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
O-line coach is Pats' unsung hero
Dante Scarnecchia's methods are tough, and his linemen are even tougher

ESPN article:
O-line coach Dante Scarnecchia unsung hero for New England Patriots - ESPN

nfl_i_dscarnecchia1_576.jpg

Last edited:
I can't help but think, when I hear of all the "youth" and "rookie" talk, that much of the O-Line (throw in Crumpler for good measure) are vets. The game is won and lost in the trenches... a solid foundation around which to build the offense.

He makes our o-line so tough Defensive Coordinators refer to it as entering Dante's inferno.

Being an "86er", I give thanks every Sunday for this man, not just for his value to the team but his acting as a sort of "living tie" to that era... it says alot that he's hung on through all those different regimes...

Last edited:
Years ago when BB asked him to temporarily fill in as OL coach, rather than doing the job (Special Teams) that he had and was hired to do, it was reported that he said yes reluctantly.

I hope he doesn't wake up one day and decide he wants his old job back, like his boss promised him.

Nice to see Dante getting some recognition, he and his "offensive line post graduate school" have reaped big rewards for this team.

The OL has been one of the biggest contributors to the offenses success this season. Brady has had all day to throw and find his WRs, and the holes that have been made for BJGE and Woodhead anyone could run through. Their play has made life easier for BOB as well, and he can call pretty much any play in the playbook and feel confident in it. I said it at the beginning of the year that the OL was the key to the Pats success and ever since Mankins returned it has been one of the best OLs in the league continuing to perform week in and week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back