PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola Injury Watch 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did downgrade him to Questionable

I stand corrected.

Even still, no x-ray, no locker room trip, no 'out' designation. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Fortunately, the game on Sunday is a nice-to-have game but not one that we really need. Rather have the bruised players sit out to not unnecessarily gamble with our chances in January.

I disagree. Denver is a contender. Yes, we're up 2 games on them, but all it takes is for us drop 2 (one to them), and with a win on us, they will have a head-to-head tie breaker. Denver is a must win game.

OTOH, we can afford to lose an out-of-conference game, like the Eagles. That one, I wouldn't mind if we lost.

Losing Lewis was arguably worse than losing Edelman because Lewis added a legit rushing threat. He wasn't just a third down back

We all love Edelman, but for this offense, this year, hard to argue that Lewis wasn't a bigger loss.

The difference is that we're already down a major part of our offense, and you could see some of the struggles last night.

Is there any evidence that punt returners are more likely to get hurt per play than receivers? If not, what is the difference between playing Danny for 40 snaps and 5 PRs and 45 snaps?

I disagree. Denver is a contender. Yes, we're up 2 games on them, but all it takes is for us drop 2 (one to them), and with a win on us, they will have a head-to-head tie breaker. Denver is a must win game.

OTOH, we can afford to lose an out-of-conference game, like the Eagles. That one, I wouldn't mind if we lost.
Yeah, saying this game is of lesser importance is sort of a head-scratcher.

The fact that he stayed walking around the sidelines leads me to believe it was nothing serious. No xrays mris or going back to the locker room.

Question is, will it be enough to keep him out next week?

I think you're taking it a little far with the "not putting anyone back there at all" hyperbole.

With 46 active players who are professional NFL athletes, one can assume that someone else could return punts. Unless perhaps you missed the game tonight where our offense struggled big time?

It's basically attempting to decide what role is more important to our team, and most would choose Amendola's role as a WR at this moment in time. Like you said, it doesn't matter what we think if Belichick doesn't agree, although he has the right to change his mind as well.

ST is huge, if we don't recover the Buf fumble during a punt this game could have been a lot closer. I don't like seeing Dola back there either but if that's the best we have then so be it.

Yeah, no.

I rather rest (i.e. limit snaps) bruised up players against Denver (especially Dola) and risk a loss rather than lose a player for a handful weeks due to an aggravated injury. Realistically, we shouldn't lose the BYE spot anymore. And even if we do, I take a healthy offense that can actually move the ball via short-passing game over an injured mess with HFA in the playoffs.

Yeah, no.

I rather rest (i.e. limit snaps) bruised up players against Denver (especially Dola) and risk a loss rather than lose a player for a handful weeks due to an aggravated injury. Realistically, we shouldn't lose the BYE spot anymore. And even if we do, I take a healthy offense that can actually move the ball via short-passing game over an injured mess with HFA in the playoffs.

Again, Denver is a contender for one of the top 2 seeds. If there's any MUST win game, it's this one. You want to rest players so you can have them healthy and rested for the post season? That's great, but you can rest them and use this argument on any game. Why not rest them against Philly? - a game that bears zero implication on AFC seeding. OR if it must be an AFC game, why not against the Titans? or one of the last divisional games (Jets/Phins) AFTER we clinch the division? Nothing is this league and sport is a gimme, and on any given Sunday, you can have your *** handed to you

You make no sense.

Yeah, a guy like Lewis would've been simply perfect for the Denver matchup. I'm a bit concerned that this may be one of those games against tough fronts that we've seen before, where Blount just isn't able to get going.

Not sure if White could be in line for more carries, but I was a bit irked to see Robert Turbin looking good (5 yards per carry) with Dallas on Sunday. He was running with authority, and was one of the guys we brought in last week.

Unless you believe Bolden can earn extended reps, but I have no reason to believe that. I'm actually a bit concerned about the running game as a whole the more I type this :D

Don't be White played great, 2 TD. He will take on the Dion role. Harper has good hands. His catch (invalidated because of a penalty) was spectacular. We just need the Texan WR back if Dola can't play.

I would, the Eagles are trash.

Fortunately, the game on Sunday is a nice-to-have game but not one that we really need. Rather have the bruised players sit out to not unnecessarily gamble with our chances in January.
Huh? Given the Pats injury situation and two more division games, 14--2 is a reasonable record to expect. Saying that it's not all that important to give another team with two losses the tie breaker doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I agree we need to beat Denver, actually BECAUSE of the injuries we need to win it even more. A win against Denver all but ensures the bye week for us.. (to not get the bye at that point Denver would have to win out to 13-3, and we would also have to finish 1 and 4 to be 12 and 4.. so a win next week just about assures the number 2 seed. It probably gets us the number 1 also. A loss and we could still end up at the three seed) Beating them next week is what will make the Pats have room to rest a bit.

I would, the Eagles are trash.

Not what I meant. Obviously, I hate to lose to anyone. But given these injuries, if we're forced to rest players, the Eagles game is a perfect opportunity to give some of them a 'bye' week. It has zero implications in terms of intra-conference tie breakers.

I would not classify it as must-win myself. They should be underdogs with all these injuries.

At Denver on a short week? Bad mojo here.

But regardless, the Patriots will have at least a 1 game lead and Denver does not have an easy schedule either. They have the Bengals and Steelers.

I think Denver is a very important game for a few reasons not just regular season record. I also think DA plays, I think they were being careful. Remember DA has played through a lot of injuries before.

I'm disappointed the Pats didn't run white more, it at least seemed when they did he was good for 4 yards or better, but then put Blount in instead. I understand that methodology but Blount just seemed slow to the line yesterday. Running against Denver will be easier than against buffalo, actually I think Buffaloes defense might be better, their offense just outs them in bad positions. The Broncos defense is very fast, tends to over commit and in a lot of cases gets behind the runner and in a bad position. Most teams can't take advantage of it.

The pats on offense didn't play well, they won't always play badly. Yeh they are missing weapons but as they said themselves they really can't make excuses.

Even if Amendola misses time, we need at least 2 receivers. Dobson went down too, and didn't Lafell get banged up too ?

Rich Hill ‏@PP_Rich_Hill 1m1 minute ago

Injury Update: Patriots WR Danny Amendola to Have MRI on Knee http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/11/24/9790806/injury-update-patriots-wr-danny-amendola-to-have-mri-on-knee?utm_campaign=pp_rich_hill&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter…
Fox Sports Mike Garafolo says that the expectation is for the injury nothing to be major, but any time a player with the injury history of Danny Amendola has his health called into question is a moment for some concern. The Patriots can't afford for Amendola to miss any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back