PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola Injury Watch 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots put the best punt returner on punt return. It's that simple. It was true with Troy Brown, it was true with Wes Welker, it's true with Julian Edelman and it's true with Danny Amendola. Special Teams is just as important as offense and defense.

I'm hoping for the best.

Well, as we've learned like /a million times/, Bill puts a lot more importance in special times than PatsFans,

Yes, this is quite true. It doesn't make it any less frustrating, however.

For the record, I'm not going to play the "ST card" too harshly unless it's a big injury, but I've got to admit that I'd rather just have someone else return punts at this point.

The funny thing is that punts aren't even normally that dangerous--but when you're as thin at WR as we are, you can't be cautious enough. Like you said, Bill Belichick seems to disagree.

He made a couple of clutch catches for us.
A few, yes, not sure how big time they were, but expecting guys playing in Canada to come in now and be significant is a stretch, in my opinion. I could be wrong.

Gronk was hitting the oxygen hard at one point. Maybe he was ill this week or something and just not the report.

Clearly MRSA :D

Yes, this is quite true. It doesn't make it any less frustrating, however.

For the record, I'm not going to play the "ST card" too harshly unless it's a big injury, but I've got to admit that I'd rather just have someone else return punts at this point.

The funny thing is that punts aren't even normally that dangerous--but when you're as thin at WR as we are, you can't be cautious enough. Like you said, Bill Belichick seems to disagree.
So you're willing to just give up games won because of either a good punt return at the right time, or NOT screwing up at the wrong time, a al Buf tonight?

I mean, we could just not put anybody back there at all. That's as safe as it gets!

A few, yes, not sure how big time they were, but expecting guys playing in Canada to come in now and be significant is a stretch, in my opinion. I could be wrong.

Personally, I think that this is quite similar to the old "Reche Caldwell big play stretch," which occurred due to a serious lack of talent + other viable options.

That said, Caldwell actually did make some big plays, whereas Collie just caught some balls since the amazing trio of Thompkins, Boyce and Dobson were already occupied sucking ass at their respective positions.

Gronk was hitting the oxygen hard at one point. Maybe he was ill this week or something and just not the report.
He spent the night blocking his ass off. Tiring.

So you're willing to just give up games won because of either a good punt return at the right time, or NOT screwing up at the wrong time, a al Buf tonight?

I mean, we could just not put anybody back there at all. That's as safe as it gets!

I think you're taking it a little far with the "not putting anyone back there at all" hyperbole.

With 46 active players who are professional NFL athletes, one can assume that someone else could return punts. Unless perhaps you missed the game tonight where our offense struggled big time?

It's basically attempting to decide what role is more important to our team, and most would choose Amendola's role as a WR at this moment in time. Like you said, it doesn't matter what we think if Belichick doesn't agree, although he has the right to change his mind as well.

Oh yeah what about Keshawn Martin?

I think you're taking it a little far with the "not putting anyone back there at all" hyperbole.

With 46 active players who are professional NFL athletes, one can assume that someone else could return punts. Unless perhaps you missed the game tonight where Gronk was our leading receiver with 2 catches and 37 yards?
I'm not sure what Gronk being 'the leading receiver with 2 catches and 37 yards' is supposed to be. Is it a joke that I'm missing? Because DA had 9 for 117 yds and LaFell had 4 for 66. So what am I missing?

Of course there's always someone you can put back there, but it's kind of like the arguments people we're making the past couple of years that Ghost would get cut because otherwise 'he'd cost too much'.

Bill puts a higher value on all of these things than a lot of fans do. Which is why he's Bill, and we're not.

I know i said as long as the pats have brady and gronk they would be ok but um............ I didn't think they would lose literally everyone else.

I'm not sure what Gronk being 'the leading receiver with 2 catches and 37 yards' is supposed to be. Is it a joke that I'm missing? Because DA had 9 for 117 yds and LaFell had 4 for 66. So what am I missing?

Of course there's always someone you can put back there, but it's kind of like the arguments people we're making the past couple of years that Ghost would get cut because otherwise 'he'd cost too much'.

Bill puts a higher value on all of these things than a lot of fans do. Which is why he's Bill, and we're not.

I edited my post before you even responded. It didn't seem right after I typed it. Not sure why ESPN included Gronk's 2 catches in their "leading players" category.

The bottom line is that our offense is 100 percent different without Edelman, and another 100 percent different without Amendola. That's 200 percent that we can't afford to lose :)

The Ghost comparison went right over my head though, unless he's playing another position that I don't know about.

He's dead. Calling hours are Wednesday from 2-4 and 6-8. Burial at sea on Saturday in Narragansett Bay. Next man up...

All kidding aside, that's not going to come off as anything good, particularly with the Pats no media policy for injured players.

Sonofa*****.

I edited my post before you even responded. It didn't seem right after I typed it. Not sure why ESPN included Gronk's 2 catches in their "leading players" category.

The bottom line is that our offense is 100 percent different without Edelman, and another 100 percent different without Amendola. That's 200 percent that we can't afford to lose :)

The Ghost comparison went right over my head though, unless he's playing another position that I don't know about.
The comparison was just another special teams player that has been at times (not currently) drastically undervalued by a lot of posters here. I remember a lot of posts last year about how he'd be gone like it was no big deal, and I was looking around watching team after team ****ed over by bad kickers and going WTF?

It isn't a direct comparison, just a general Bill cares a lot about special teams thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back