PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutler wants to be traded -- too late for NEP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
except, theres no evidence that happened. All the evidence points to a team making an offer to the Broncos, and them turning it down. Not them trying to trade him.

ESPN The first source said McDaniels wouldn't confirm or deny whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks. The Broncos did, though, tell Cutler that every player on the team could be traded and he could be traded at any time. Still, Denver owner Pat Bowlen also stated in the conversation that Cutler will not be traded

But would you cry about it? That' the question. Bowlen owns the team. He fired Shanahan. A new coach comes in.

Is that the time to cry and demand a trade like Cutler did?

Yes, I do believe it is the appropriate time to demand a trade.

A few months into his new job and the 32 year old replacing the HOF head coach tries to trades the team best player, who happens to be a 25 year old Pro Bowl quarterback.

Last edited:
except, theres no evidence that happened. All the evidence points to a team making an offer to the Broncos, and them turning it down. Not them trying to trade him.

It does.

Well, it does if you assume that the Bucs and Lions independently came up with the idea of a 3 way deal where they got Cutler, the Broncos got Cassel and the Pats got a #1.

Coincidences happen but there is just no way 2 different teams come up with the same 3 way deal involving another teams Pro Bowl starting QB on precisely the same day without that other team putting that guys name out there as available.

This is either:
A.) Immaturity on Cutler's part; or
B.) BSPN once again turning speculation in to fact and sensationalizing a story in order to create controversy for the purpose of driving ratings.

If I have to pick one, I'll say it's option B

it is a correct report...all over the news here in Colorado Springs

Cutler needs to grow up. Denver is not going to trade him and they shouldn't have to trade him.

My theory on Cutler and McKid are as follows:

In preperation for the Denver game last season, Bill's assesment of Cutler was that he's not that good and can be exposed. Bill and McKid game planned for him and wiped the table with his ass. This has stuck with Josh and he does not want him.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

You haven't read about how it took them more than a month to decide they were interested in Cassel and wanted to move Cutler to get him but by then it was too late?

I've read plenty on this subject (more than I ever cared to read) but I haven't heard anyone confirm that version. Here is the Denver Post article a couple of days ago contradicting that version. If you have a link indicating something other than Cutler concluding he was being shopped rather than the team confirming it received inquiries (very different concepts as the former implies actively moving and the latter passively receiving information), I would like to see it. With the drivel out there in the form of unsubstantiated "reports", I may well have missed it.

If the Broncos were actively trying to move Cutler, they likely did screw this situation up, certainly in light of the fact they (1) decided not to tell Cutler and (2) let that information slip to Cutler. Absent some credible source corroborating that level of stupidity, I was giving the Broncos the benefit of the doubt in my assumptions.

Even if that version is accurate, Cutler is still a prissy primadonna to go public like this on an internal matter. He should take his $8 million/year and go cry in his Ferrari. After he gives something up to play for the Broncos, then he can cry backstabber.

QBs are hard to come by. Some teams have been searching half a century and have yet to find one. The Broncos finally get their first franchise QB since Elway and decide to trade him.

Not only is it insulting to Jay Cutler to be considered expendable enough to be traded, but it is against the best interest of the Broncos to trade a precious commodity like Cutler. A young pro-bowl QB with tons of talent.

His reaction to this is totally reasonable. If your HOF head coach was just fired, and then some young guy you'd never met comes in and tries to trade you you'd be pretty pissed about it too.

You obsrvations about QBs, are quite valid.

Except Cutler was the one who wanted to be traded and talked about it first, and said so publically. When they tried to comply, he cried about it. That makes no sense.:rolleyes:

If the Broncos were actively trying to move Cutler, they likely did screw this situation up, certainly in light of the fact they (1) decided not to tell Cutler and (2) let that information slip to Cutler. Absent some credible source corroborating that level of stupidity, I was giving the Broncos the benefit of the doubt in my assumptions.

The only way the Broncos weren't shopping him is if you believe that the Lions and Bucs both came up with the 3 way deal on their own - virtually simultaneously.

I have a very hard time buying that one.

The only way the Broncos weren't shopping him is if you believe that the Lions and Bucs both came up with the 3 way deal on their own - virtually simultaneously.

I have a very hard time buying that one.

Good point. Too bad the Broncos screwed it up by being too late.
The thing I dont understand is why would they want to get rid of Cutler when they have no obvious upgrade in view?

-- FRITZ

ESPN The first source said McDaniels wouldn't confirm or deny whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks. The Broncos did, though, tell Cutler that every player on the team could be traded and he could be traded at any time. Still, Denver owner Pat Bowlen also stated in the conversation that Cutler will not be traded

Yes, I do believe it is the appropriate time to demand a trade.

A few months into his new job and the 32 year old replacing the HOF head coach tries to trades the team best player, who happens to be a 25 year old Pro Bowl quarterback.

You seem to be lacking information. It was CUTLER who requested the trade because Shanahan left.

i remember telling you guys how much of a little ***** this guy is compared to rivers

looks like now everyone is seeing it

Well let's not get anything mistaken here... Rivers is a whiney little *****. Cutler is just worse.

Cutler should want to be traded, it's absolutely ridiculous the Broncos decided that their team's best player had to be replaced.

He's not whining, he feels uncomfortable with his standing on the team and wants to go to a team that will actually be committed to him and appreciate his abilities.

A twenty five year old rocket arm QB coming off a 4,526 yard season being on the trade block is baffling.

It is baffling but it happens. Guaruntee you Cutler is still in Denver this season and next season. And, while this may be baffling, the rest of those guys in that locker room know that they need to play their asses off day in and day out. They know that nobody is safe from the trading block.

ESPN The first source said McDaniels wouldn't confirm or deny whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks. The Broncos did, though, tell Cutler that every player on the team could be traded and he could be traded at any time.

I would guarantee, that every single player in the NFL, barring those whose prorated bonuses would break the cap, is available to trade given the right offer.

I would guarantee, that every single player in the NFL, barring those whose prorated bonuses would break the cap, is available to trade given the right offer.

Well, I think Manning and Brady might be exceptions to the rule, but I'm with you for the vast majority of players.

Mcdaniel really screwd up in this one so if Cutler doesnt want to be there i support his decision.

Well, I think Manning and Brady might be exceptions to the rule, but I'm with you for the vast majority of players.

And I don't think they are. Do you really think that if you offered Indy your next 5 years of 1st through 3rd round draft picks, they wouldnlt have him on a plane the next day?

Mcdaniel really screwd up in this one so if Cutler doesnt want to be there i support his decision.

He screwed up by having someone offer him a trade?

He screwed up by having someone offer him a trade?

Next year he'll just turn his phones off once the free agency period begins. ;)

And I don't think they are. Do you really think that if you offered Indy your next 5 years of 1st through 3rd round draft picks, they wouldnlt have him on a plane the next day?

Yes..................... as long as the team is a Super Bowl contender.

However, there's a difference between any price and any reasonable price. I'm sure that if the Colts offered N.E. Manning and all those picks, Brady would be on the move.

Last edited:

Probably, but I think Peyton may be a huge part of their ticket sales that financially, it might not be worth it to the Dolts.... but I'd say it's close to 99% chance they'd do it, that's just too many good pics. No one would ever offer that many picks for a player though... well, at least not since Ditka left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST