PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutler wants to be traded -- too late for NEP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, but I think Peyton may be a huge part of their ticket sales that financially, it might not be worth it to the Dolts.... but I'd say it's close to 99% chance they'd do it, that's just too many good pics. No one would ever offer that many picks for a player though... well, at least not since Ditka left.

Um... can I ammend this? Al Davis is still in the league. Ironically, they way Davis picks work out for him, the trade would probably make the Raiders a better team.

You seem to be lacking information. It was CUTLER who requested the trade because Shanahan left.

Not one legitimate news source has reported that as fact.

Also Cutler was already 2 weeks into studying the new playbook in Denver when he got the news the team was trying to trade him.

By the way your rumour started because Peter King mentioned that he had "heard" Cutler asked for a trade after the Broncos offensive coordinator Bates was fired.

He screwed up by having someone offer him a trade?

He screwed up because two months into his new job and he somehow managed to make the team's best player wants to leave.

I would guarantee, that every single player in the NFL, barring those whose prorated bonuses would break the cap, is available to trade given the right offer.

I would guarantee that every other top 10 QB in the league would also be very upset if they learned their team was trying to trade them.

The Broncos wouldn't have won 5 games last year without Jay Cutler.

He screwed up because two months into his new job and he somehow managed to make the team's best player wants to leave.

I would guarantee that every other top 10 QB in the league would also be very upset if they learned their team was trying to trade them.
AGAIN, there is no evidence at this point that they were trying to trade him. All of the evidence suggests that a team made an unrequested offer, and it was turned down.

This wouldn't be the first time that a pro athlete blew some non-existent sleight out of hand.

Last edited:
AGAIN, there is no evidence at this point that they were trying to trade him. All of the evidence suggests that a team made an unrequested offer, and it was turned down.

The first source said McDaniels wouldn't confirm or deny whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks.

Make your own conclusion. Also, more news...

On the move? Cutler puts his house up for sale - The Denver Post

On the move? Cutler puts his house up for sale

Jay Cutler has reportedly put his multi-million Denver area house up for sale.

Cutler just bought the 7,516-square-foot house in 2006. He also keeps a penthouse condo in downtown Denver, but perhaps he is preparing for a bigger move.

Cutler's 7,516-square-foot house on nearly 1-1/2 acres is advertised for sale at $2 million, according to a real estate listing. Cutler bought the house in 2006 for $1.34 million.

On Monday, Cutler came away from a conference call with Broncos coach Josh McDaniels believing he might be traded between now and the NFL draft on April 25, an NFL source told The Denver Post.

Also Cutler was already 2 weeks into studying the new playbook in Denver when he got the news the team was trying to trade him.

By the way your rumour started because Peter King mentioned that he had "heard" Cutler asked for a trade after the Broncos offensive coordinator Bates was fired.

My God, it's ALL RUMORS! Not just Peter King's reporting.

I would guarantee that every other top 10 QB in the league would also be very upset if they learned their team was trying to trade them..
First, you cannot guarantee that. It is your opinion, that's all, but even then, just becuase players would get upset doesn't mean they would act like little babies. Ted Washington was upset about being traded here.

Cutler doesn't have to like it. He has to accept that part of being a professional athlete, besides making millions, is that you are a commodity. It is quite comical. He is acting like he is above the dealings of the league. I might understand it if Brady or Manning or Rohtliesberger or any QB who has accomplished anything behaved that way, though of course they would not. It is just funny that a guy who has a rocket arm like Ryan Leaf and Jeff George and has accomplished less than they did gets all huffy.

Plunkett got traded, Bledsoe got traded, Favre got traded.

We will see what happens Monday. If Cultler shows up at camp, all will be well in the long run. He doesn't have to like his coaches. Didn't he diemand a treade when his QB coach was released, and again when Shannahan was released? It could be just that he is a blowhard, and doesn't intend to follow through.

If he skips the sessions Monday, refuses to learn the new system, that will tell quite a bit about Cutler the person, won't it?

Dear Jay:

I have been firmly behind you during this ordeal and can feel the difficulty of being in this position. However, I'd really like you to move forward and straighten it out, as this is only bound to become more and more uncomfortable for both of us.

Sincerely,

Your Underwear

Dear Jay:

I have been firmly behind you during this ordeal and can feel the difficulty of being in this position. However, I'd really like you to move forward and straighten it out, as this is only bound to become more and more uncomfortable for both of us.

Sincerely,

Your Underwear

Wow, that is funny!

They used to win more than that with Jake the Snake.

Cutler hasn't done a damn thing of any consequence since arriving in Denver unless your impressed with empty yardage stats. He wants a new deal to protect him from the vagaries of failure induced coaching changes (he likely isn't equipped to navigate since he's another strong armed and strong willed gunslinger at heart). And because as a diabetic playing a contact sport in a stadium at altitude and exposed to the elements, he may not be all that durable long term.

What he really wants is a long term deal and negotiations bogged down around the time Shanny got canned... His agent Bus Cook is not beneath a little tampering. He had Brett all lined up to play in Tampa as a fallback last year, too.

My God, it's ALL RUMORS! Not just Peter King's reporting.

I'm just hoping the one is true about McKid telling him to stuff a sock in it and sack up. That's what Jay (and his teamates) needs to hear for a change. Shanny was so desperate to re-establish his own relevance he'd become a freakin' enabler with a lie detector strapped to his back. Nothing gets handed to you in this league. If this had happened to Brady he'd have been back at the facility last week loaded for bear just to prove his critics wrong.

It is just funny that a guy who has a rocket arm like Ryan Leaf and Jeff George and has accomplished less than they did gets all huffy.

Plunkett got traded, Bledsoe got traded, Favre got traded.

Saying Jay Cutler has accomplished less than Ryan Leaf is absurd. Even Alex Smith has accomplished more than Ryan Leaf so far in his career.

96 INTs in 5 seasons. Tom Brady. Retired, age 38.

Last time I checked Jay Cutler isn't a turnover machine, starting in front of a future HOF QB or coming back from retirement in his late 30's.

In fact he seems to be a twenty five year old pro-bowl quarterback coming off a 4,500+ yard season on the second ranked offense in the NFL. But hey, who wants that?

Cutler doesn't have to like it. He has to accept that part of being a professional athlete, besides making millions, is that you are a commodity. It is quite comical. He is acting like he is above the dealings of the league.

An environment where the young pro-bowl QB feels his role is in jeopardy and keeping him out of the loop of things regarding his own standing on the team create a negative environment that can be detrimental to his play. This whole situation is absolutely mind boggling and I can't believe the Broncos have somehow turned their team's greatest strength into their biggest headache.

By the start of next season the Broncos might have lost their two greatest assets, Shanahan and Cutler.

I might understand it if Brady or Manning or Rohtliesberger or any QB who has accomplished anything behaved that way, though of course they would not.

...you cannot guarantee that. It is your opinion.

Cutler hasn't done a damn thing of any consequence since arriving in Denver unless your impressed with empty yardage stats.

Yes I am impressed with his "empty" yardage stats.

Jay Cutler has been a full-time starter for two seasons, in those seasons the Broncos have had the 29th and 30th ranked defenses.

Saying Jay Cutler has accomplished less than Ryan Leaf is absurd. Even Alex Smith has accomplished more than Ryan Leaf so far in his career.

96 INTs in 5 seasons. Tom Brady. Retired, age 38.

Last time I checked Jay Cutler isn't a turnover machine, starting in front of a future HOF QB or coming back from retirement in his late 30's.

In fact he seems to be a twenty five year old pro-bowl quarterback coming off a 4,500+ yard season on the second ranked offense in the NFL. But hey, who wants that?

The Broncos weren't the second ranked offense in the NFL. They weren't even in the top 10. They finished 16th. You're counting yards, not points.

Last edited:

Cutler ranked 16th in the NFL for QB rating last year. He's definitely a good QB but Matt Cassel (you know the guy that they might have traded for), Shaun Hill, and Seneca Wallace all had a higher rating. He's not as good as he thinks.

Broncos wouldn't have won 5 games last year if they had a worse QB but there are plenty of QBs who are better as well. Its not like Shaun Hill and Seneca Wallace had better WR's to throw to.

No player on Cutler's level is untouchable and he's acting like a baby about it. Randy Moss was traded multiple times, Cutler is no Randy Moss.

Last edited:
The Broncos weren't the second ranked offense in the NFL. They weren't even in the top 10. They finished 16th. You're counting yards, not points.

There is nothing factually wrong with saying the Broncos were the number two ranked offense in the NFL last season.

When the NFL ranks total offense and total defense, they do it by yardage.

Obviously points are more important, but that's how teams are ranked. With that being the case, they were 2nd ranked offense in the league.

Cutler ranked 16th in the NFL for QB rating last year. He's definitely a good QB but Matt Cassel (you know the guy that they might have traded for), Shaun Hill, and Seneca Wallace all had a higher rating. He's not as good as he thinks.

At the start of the 2008 season Daunte Culpepper, Chad Pennington and Marc Bulger all ranked in the top ten career quarterback ratings of all-time.

There is nothing factually wrong with saying the Broncos were the number two ranked offense in the NFL last season.

When the NFL ranks total offense and total defense, they do it by yardage.

Obviously points are more important, but that's how teams are ranked. With that being the case, they were 2nd ranked offense in the league.

They were the 16th ranked offense in the NFL. Playing games about yardage to try making an otherwise clearly erroneous point is just silly, and anyone who's a Patriots fan and has watched this team playing "bend but don't break" this decade should know that.

They were the 16th ranked offense in the NFL. Playing games about yardage to try making an otherwise clearly erroneous point is just silly, and anyone who's a Patriots fan and has watched this team playing "bend but don't break" this decade should know that.

There is nothing erroneous by referring to the Broncos as the second ranked offense in the NFL last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes