PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutler wants to be traded -- too late for NEP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing worse then getting into it with your franchise QB and creating a hostile environment between players and the head coach.
Yeah, there is. Trying to be a head coach that the players all like is infinitely worse.

The franchise QB doesn't run the show, the HC and GM do.

Well, depending on who you talk to either the Broncos blew this or Cutler is getting the treatment he deserves. Cutler is a bit of an egomanical headcase. This is the same guy who claimed to not only have the strongest arm in the league, but stronger than John Elway. Those are bold words from a guy who has only had one very good season (and still crumbled against some of the tougher competition).

Word was that Cutler asked to be traded prior to the Broncos trying to trade him. If this is the case, Cutler should just shut up and bide his time. The Broncos made an effort to trade him as he requested (assuming he did), but shouldn't be required to trade him if they don't have a back up plan at QB. If true, Cutler is just using the situation to twist it as a victim. McDaniels, Xander, and Bowlen are justified in their supposive hardline stance with him.

If he didn't, the Broncos management have handled this one poorly. It is blown out of proportion because Cutler is playing the victim card up to try to force a trade (which makes me wonder if this was his end game all along).

i remember telling you guys how much of a little ***** this guy is compared to rivers

looks like now everyone is seeing it

Denver should trade Cutler and then we could trade Gutierrez to them for their 2nd round pick ... :rofl:

Fixed your post for you. ;) [O'Connell isn't going anywhere. :beatingcoming: ]

Josh is off to a horrid start. Nothing worse then getting into it with your franchise QB and creating a hostile environment between players and the head coach. The next question is who catches the heat when the losses start adding up? Cutler better have a hell of a season or McDaniels intentions surely will justify itself.

Then his first meeting with Cutler to explain everything was face to face right? Nope, it was via conference call. I mean come on. Even if one is out of town, you wait the extra time and talk to the guy face to face. This guy had better be nearly undefeated by mid season or he'll be out of Denver before he knows what hit him.

Yeah, there is. Trying to be a head coach that the players all like is infinitely worse.

The franchise QB doesn't run the show, the HC and GM do.

That may be but when you're a brand new coach, those teammates are going to jump to the franchise qb's side before they do to a coach that they barely know.

It's always fun when someone makes Phillip Rivers look mature.

Chris Simms signed with Denver, Josh has his Quarterback. As far as blaming this all on Josh, Denver got a rookie GM the same time Josh came onboard, the Front Office, which includes Public Affairs, falls under the GM's purview. Cutler can squeal all he wants, Josh is about to show Denver who calls the shots. Cutler can only hope he doesn't wind up in NY, reportedly they have some aggressive media...

I also hope he doesn't end up in NY. That would drastically improve the NYJ.

i remember telling you guys how much of a little ***** this guy is compared to rivers

looks like now everyone is seeing it

Rivers is an emotional hick.

This ****ler is just a little biatch.

Then his first meeting with Cutler to explain everything was face to face right? Nope, it was via conference call. I mean come on. Even if one is out of town, you wait the extra time and talk to the guy face to face. This guy had better be nearly undefeated by mid season or he'll be out of Denver before he knows what hit him.

Absurd.

It was Cutler who refused to meet face to face. Heck, Bowlen left multiple messages on his phone and Cutler refused to call his owner back.

He wants out, and I suspect he ALWAYS wanted out.

It was my understanding that the Broncos said the other teams called them. If that is true, then what did Josh do wrong? If someone calls, and says they have a deal for you, you atleast listen. IF infact, the other teams called, and someone leaked the info to the press, then Cutler should stfu. This could be a case of the media making a mountain out of a mole hill. Cutler just needs to play football, and keep his mouth shut.

Heh, Cutler is nothing special. He's in for a rude awakening sometime soon.

Rivers is an emotional hick.

This ****ler is just a little biatch.
exactly lol

as for cutler winding up in ny, you should hope for it, he's been a loser wherever he's been cept High School

he just doesn't have the mentality for it in my opinion, he starts strong then fizzles

I REALLY hope this is a bad coincidence that we have Phillip Rivers and Jay Cutler being mentioned as the two flag bearers for the future of this league. Two young, immature, spoiled rotten, crybabies representing the future of this league? I'm hoping that I'm just getting older and maybe the word whippersnapper should be coming to mind. I'm under 40 so I'm still relatively young? Please tell me that there is not going to be more players of these guys mature caliber coming into the most coveted position in sports. The one where most have been gracious, bold and proud. Team first leaders,accept the blame even if it wasn't entirely their fault.

I truly do not like these two. They are right there in the TO zone for me. Again I'm hoping these two are just an abberation and not part of the next generation of kids growing up.

Ben Roethlisberger is a pretty good kid. Well he had the one motorcycle accident, but I think he learned from it.
Matt Ryan and the kid in Baltimore looks promising as well.

Last edited:
If this crap is true, McDaniels is probably better off finding out now, and getting rid of that *****. Wasn't Cutler Ivy League? Way to represent, D-bag.

There's a good chance it's just another f-up by ESPN though.

If this crap is true, McDaniels is probably better off finding out now, and getting rid of that *****. Wasn't Cutler Ivy League? Way to represent, D-bag.

There's a good chance it's just another f-up by ESPN though.

He played for Vanderbilt.

I still haven't read that the team did anything wrong, including McDaniels (if the reports the team was contacted, not shopping him, are true). If these reports are true, I get the sense Cutler may either (1) not like the fact Cassel (and Warner) will be making more than his $8 million/year and wants to get paid or (2) want to shoot his way out of town to get to a team like the Vikings he perceives to be more competitive.

If either of those scenarios are true, give him the "when hell freezes over" speech as to his prospects of leaving early, and remind him he won't be worth much to another team if he damages the Broncos this year as he has been decent but far from an NFL MVP. The Broncos have no backup option at this point, so dealing him does more damage to the organization than it benefits by way of chemistry.

Not a Denver fan, not a Cutler fan and not a Mcdaniels fan. Not that I was worried about the Donkeys next year to begin with but now its even less.

Not a Denver fan, not a Cutler fan and not a Mcdaniels fan. Not that I was worried about the Donkeys next year to begin with but now its even less.

If I were McDaniels or Bowlen, I'd be on the phone to Philly asking about McNabb. He's supposedly upset over Dawkins and Tra Thomas leaving and is making noise about a new contract. Philly gets younger QB (they have the Logan's Run/Abbie Hoffman mentality of "nobody over age 30") and Denver gets the experience........

I REALLY hope this is a bad coincidence that we have Phillip Rivers and Jay Cutler being mentioned as the two flag bearers for the future of this league. Two young, immature, spoiled rotten, crybabies representing the future of this league? I'm hoping that I'm just getting older and maybe the word whippersnapper should be coming to mind. I'm under 40 so I'm still relatively young? Please tell me that there is not going to be more players of these guys mature caliber coming into the most coveted position in sports. The one where most have been gracious, bold and proud. Team first leaders,accept the blame even if it wasn't entirely their fault.

I truly do not like these two. They are right there in the TO zone for me. Again I'm hoping these two are just an abberation and not part of the next generation of kids growing up.

I have more respect for Rivers. He wines sure, but at least he has produced, played hurt, won playoff games and his teammates have confidence in him.

He played for Vanderbilt.

I still haven't read that the team did anything wrong, including McDaniels

You haven't read about how it took them more than a month to decide they were interested in Cassel and wanted to move Cutler to get him but by then it was too late?

You can't decide you are going to make that move, not get it done, and then expect to move on like nothing happenned. That wouldn't play if you had a guy with an attitude like Tom Brady as your QB. It certainly isn't going to work with a crybaby like Cutler. His reaction is beyond childish but it is exactly what should have been anticiapted. All he is doing is acting like Jay Cutler always acts.

The Broncos botched this like a bunch of amatuers. Now they are going to have to trade Culter either this offseason or next and they aren't going to land Cassel in return. Time will tell if it is growing pains or if they are in over their head.

Dear Jay Cutler:

Get a clue. And a chin.

Sincerely,

Life

Encl: Tissues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes