PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutler wants to be traded -- too late for NEP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jesus! What a whiny kid. Oh well, guess McD has his hands full and the season hasn't begun.

Cutler continues to show that he's a "me" guy rather than a "we" guy. Does anyone think Brady or Cassel would be pulling this crap under the same circumstances?

Last edited:
Cutler should want to be traded, it's absolutely ridiculous the Broncos decided that their team's best player had to be replaced.

He's not whining, he feels uncomfortable with his standing on the team and wants to go to a team that will actually be committed to him and appreciate his abilities.

A twenty five year old rocket arm QB coming off a 4,526 yard season being on the trade block is baffling.

Cutler should want to be traded, it's absolutely ridiculous the Broncos decided that their team's best player had to be replaced.

He's not whining, he feels uncomfortable with his standing on the team and wants to go to a team that will actually be committed to him and appreciate his abilities.

A twenty five year old rocket arm QB coming off a 4,526 yard season being on the trade block is baffling.

Once he talked to the media about it it became whinning in my opinion.

I feel Cutler's reasons are justified.

Guys like Anquan Boldin, Chad Johnson, Jason Taylor, Julius Peppers and Tony Gonzalez have asked to be traded for more money or to piggyback a contender team and rarely have I seen them labeled as "whiners" on here.

Yet that seems to be the buzz word when talking about Cutler.

Guys like Anquan Boldin, Chad Johnson, Jason Taylor, Julius Peppers and Tony Gonzalez have asked to be traded for more money or to piggyback a contender team and rarely have I seen them labeled as "whiners" on here.
Maybe because they weren't whiners?

Good players are traded all the time. Cutler is acting like a two-year old.

When did any other those players start whining because they were mentioned in trades?

I thought your other post, where you thought Culter's actions were justified, was sarcasm.

I take it you are serious.

So you don't believe in camp competition? You think teams should commit to players and never try to improve the team? Never bring in camp competition be assure players that they are wanted no matter what?

Bosh.

He is on the team. They didn't trade him, and they said they will not. It's time for him to change his diapers and dry his tears and play football.

When people call him a baby and a whiner and immature, they are talking about his behavior. Whatever his reasons for wanting a trade, his behavior is infantile. But then he is the guy with the career losing record who has yet to win a big game or a game when it counted (like not even one of the last three of last season) who compared himself to Elway, so maybe his behvior is consistent.

Last edited:

Yet that seems to be the buzz word when talking about Cutler.

Cutler is a whiney b!tch. He thinks HE IS the Denver Broncos and that management can't even think (let alone talk) about trading you. Sure, I would say information control was pretty lax in all this, but grow up Cutler.

Like someone said. His next winning season will be his first. He's nothing special.

Good players are traded all the time. Cutler is acting like a two-year old.

When did any other those players start whining because they were mentioned in trades?

Never, obviously. They whined to the point that their team began looking for trade partners.

So you don't believe in camp competition? You think teams should commit to players and never try to improve the team? Never bring in camp competition be assure players that they are wanted no matter what?

Routine camp competition and trading away your twenty five year old franchise quarterback coming off a 4,526 yard season have no relation and it seems you're going on a tangent here to support your view that he is a "whiner".

He thinks HE IS the Denver Broncos and that management can't even think (let alone talk) about trading you.

He is the best player on their team and led the Broncos to the #2 offense in the NFL while playing with the leagues 29th ranked defense and losing 5 starting RBs during the season.

Cutler is more stats over production. The guy fell apart in games against good teams (including against the Pats) and down the stretch. The last three games of the year the Broncos only needed to win one game to get into the playoffs and win the West. Cutler had 2 TDs and 4 INTs in that stretch. He had 8 TDs and 7 INTs vs. teams with winning records and 17 TDs and 4 INTs vs. teams with .500 or worse records. Eight games last year, he had a QB rating below 78 (not that QB ratings are everything). He had six games with a completion percentage under 60%.

He had 1275 yards (318.75 per game), 9 TDs (2.25 per game), and 4 INTs (1 per game) the first month when people weren't ready for the Broncos' offensive production. The final 12 games, Cutler had 3,251 (270.9 YPG), 16 TDs (1.3 per game), and 7 INTs (0.44 per game). So his production dropped significantly after the first month except in the turnovers.

Sorry, Culter is an above average QB at best. If McDaniels and Xander feel that Cassel could be a top tier QB in the Broncos' offense, they were right in going after him. There are some serious questions about Cutler's maturity and ability to step up in the big games. Who cares if you have a QB who can compile tons of gaudy stats especially early in the year if he cannot step up and win the big game when needed? People talk about Favre's choke job at the end of the season, but Cutler's was almost as bad and he doesn't have the age and injury excuse.

I still think Cutler will be more like Jake Plummer (flash in the pan in the Broncos offense) than Elway (although Cutler feels he has a better arm than Elway).

i'd send his ***** packing straight to Detroit for next year's 1st and this year's 2nd, in a new york heartbeat.

watch them continue to implode and suck and grab McCoy next year and a couple of studs this year. Who does this clown think he is? He can't even take a team to the playoffs. Wow. What a moron.

Why would Pioli trade a good Qb to a division rival? Detroit should offer a #2 for Thigpen.

Thigpen is not worth the 33rd pick in the draft. There are going to be some MONSTERS on the board at that point.

I think McD is going to be the first Belichick assistant to have real success in the NFL. As far as I can see, he's doing great. Establish control, and change the loser locker room culture in Denver. Hell, I think his biggest mistake was in not putting together the Cassel trade quickly enough.

QBs are hard to come by. Some teams have been searching half a century and have yet to find one. The Broncos finally get their first franchise QB since Elway and decide to trade him.

Not only is it insulting to Jay Cutler to be considered expendable enough to be traded, but it is against the best interest of the Broncos to trade a precious commodity like Cutler. A young pro-bowl QB with tons of talent.

His reaction to this is totally reasonable. If your HOF head coach was just fired, and then some young guy you'd never met comes in and tries to trade you you'd be pretty pissed about it too.

QBs are hard to come by. Some teams have been searching half a century and have yet to find one. The Broncos finally get their first franchise QB since Elway and decide to trade him.

Not only is it insulting to Jay Cutler to be considered expendable enough to be traded, but it is against the best interest of the Broncos to trade a precious commodity like Cutler. A young pro-bowl QB with tons of talent.

His reaction to this is totally reasonable. If your HOF head coach was just fired, and then some young guy you'd never met comes in and tries to trade you you'd be pretty pissed about it too.

But would you cry about it? That' the question. Bowlen owns the team. He fired Shanahan. A new coach comes in.

Is that the time to cry and demand a trade like Cutler did?

He can't even take a team to the playoffs. Wow. What a moron.

You're an idiot. Yes. Yes you are.

Team Offense: 21% 5th in NFL
Team Defense: 26.2%. 31st in NFL

If you really think it's Cutler's fault they can't make the playoffs, you're an idiot.

except, theres no evidence that happened. All the evidence points to a team making an offer to the Broncos, and them turning it down. Not them trying to trade him.

32 year old Brady coming off a devastating injury for Cutler, straight up? Tempting, since Cutler is young with big tools, but I will have to take the old man with the limp.

Hell, I think his biggest mistake was in not putting together the Cassel trade quickly enough.

This is sort of like saying a QB had a great game if you discount the 4 INTs. It was a huge mistake and one that makes the rookie GM/coach combo in Denver look like they are in over their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes