PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutdown day to 75 is the 27th: Who doesn't make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Zusevics & Ballard to IR/PUP;
Pryor to PUP;
Matt Kopa waived/to IR;
Shiancoe, Gerard Warren & Tracy White released/injury-settled;
One of the UDFA OLmen Dennis, Waldron or Weems;
Barrett & Brown, finally.

Possibly both due to Tarpinian's long term potential upside.

4 - DT (Wilfork, Love, Brace, Deaderick)
4 - DE (Jones, Cunningham, Ninkovich, Bequette)
6 - LB (Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, Carpenter, Koutouvides, Tarpinian)
4 - S (Chung, Ebner, Gregory, Wilson)
5 - CB (Arrington, McCourty, Dowling, Dennard, Allen/Cole/Moore)

Depending on Chung's injury possibly a fifth safety: Barrett/Ihedigbo

PUP - Pryor

Practice Squad Defense - 4 (Forston, Francis, Williams, ???????)

Ihedigbo playing on 3/4 special teams units tells me he's almost a sure thing to make it as the 5th safety.

I'm as enamored with Dennard as you are, but Cole definitely has the edge on him right now. Cole has been great on special teams and hasn't been bad covering the slot. Dennard is competing with Moore/hoping they decide to keep 6 corners granted that's unlikely.

Other than that, my only disagreement is that they'll probably carry another DE or DT, so 25 total w/ Ihedigbo and the additional lineman. Most likely Scott since he also played on multiple ST units.

Keeping 5 safeties is really unnecessary. Mccourty and Moore can both play the FS position if needed and Gregory and Wilson can both play FS and SS safety.

I would keep

Mccourty (CB/FS)
Dowling
Arrington
Moore (CB/FS)
Dennard (Developmental player who doesn't dress game day)
Cole (ST player I feel he brings more upside the Ihedigbo)

Chung (FS/SS)
Wilson (FS/SS)
Ebner (ST/SS)
Gregory (FS/SS)

For a total of 10. Dennard has great upside and I don't think he would clear waivers. He has #2 CB potential is it worth the risk to waive him to keep another player who likely isn't going to dress on game day anyway.

Last edited:
For those on the block, "May the odds be ever in your favor".

Keeping 5 safeties is really unnecessary. Mccourty and Moore can both play the FS position if needed and Gregory and Wilson can both play FS and SS safety.

I would keep

Mccourty (CB/FS)
Dowling
Arrington
Moore (CB/FS)
Dennard (Developmental player who doesn't dress game day)
Cole (ST player I feel he brings more upside the Ihedigbo)

Chung (FS/SS)
Wilson (FS/SS)
Ebner (ST/SS)
Gregory (FS/SS)

For a total of 10. Dennard has great upside and I don't think he would clear waivers. He has #2 CB potential is it worth the risk to waive him to keep another player who likely isn't going to dress on game day anyway.

That's a reasonable list if we keep 10 DBs. Arrington is in a contract year, and Dennard could quite possibly develop enough to play the star position next year with McCourty and Dowling outside. Moore and Cole are both subs. I like the 4 safeties, my only question is whether we keep 10 DBs.

That's a reasonable list if we keep 10 DBs. Arrington is in a contract year, and Dennard could quite possibly develop enough to play the star position next year with McCourty and Dowling outside. Moore and Cole are both subs. I like the 4 safeties, my only question is whether we keep 10 DBs.

In a ideal world Dennard would injurer his hamstring and red shirt on IR this season.

But then you look at Chung, and Dowling and you think how fragile they've been historically and wonder how could we risk running with 9 and end up with someone like Molden or Jones trolling the secondary for us again this season.

Do you see Moore as just a sub? I think he has potential to be a 2nd or 3rd corner. I like his ball skills, he hasn't shown great in preseason but I think he can solve a lot of his mistakes with more discipline.

Ihedigbo playing on 3/4 special teams units tells me he's almost a sure thing to make it as the 5th safety.

I'm as enamored with Dennard as you are, but Cole definitely has the edge on him right now. Cole has been great on special teams and hasn't been bad covering the slot. Dennard is competing with Moore/hoping they decide to keep 6 corners granted that's unlikely.

Other than that, my only disagreement is that they'll probably carry another DE or DT, so 25 total w/ Ihedigbo and the additional lineman. Most likely Scott since he also played on multiple ST units.

Ebner is 3/4 ST too which, for me, puts Ihedigbo on the chopping block.

Arrington is almost certainly gone after the season, unless we want to spend another high rounder on a CB Dennard will stay. Looks like 10 DBs now with Cole looking good, certainly is a roster crunch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes